PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious stories of political correctness

Mad Tony
02-09-08, 14:26
Here are some funny yet rather shocking stories of political correctness

http://www.capc.co.uk/latest_news_recent.htm

I think the one that cracks me up the most is the one about sniffer dogs having to wear bootees if they're searching a mosque. I have nothing against Muslims, but I think making sniffer dogs wear bootees if they're searching a mosque is a bit OTT :vlol:

Here are some older but more ridiculous ones

http://www.capc.co.uk/ridiculous_political_correctness.htm

And here are some rather shocking ones, such as the solder who was told his union jack tattoo could be seen as racist.

http://www.capc.co.uk/ridiculous_political_correctness.htm

Goose
02-09-08, 14:45
This makes me sick.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article859734.ece

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/10/04/britain.redcross/index.html

Mad Tony
02-09-08, 14:47
Oh jeez, the situation is even worse than I thought. Looks like you're punished for even being remotely patriotic.

Although, that said, my school has a British flag on a flag pole at the front of our school. Why has my head teacher not been put under immediate arrest for this outrageous display of patriotism?

Goose
02-09-08, 14:53
Oh jeez, the situation is even worse than I thought. Looks like you're punished for even being remotely patriotic.

Although, that said, my school has a British flag on a flag pole at the front of our school. Why has my head teacher not been put under immediate arrest for this outrageous display of patriotism?

Nobody complained?

interstellardave
02-09-08, 14:54
Political Correctness is the most ridiculous thing to happen in the past 15-20 years (my God, has it been that long!?).

Unfortunately there are so many moronic examples of this all over the Western world that one is worse the next... and the people who put some of these things forth are just plain morons IMO. Total Morons.

Mad Tony
02-09-08, 14:57
Nobody complained?Amazingly, no! :eek:
They might've got permission though, which is why they're allowed to fly the union flag. Although still, why should we need permission to fly the national flag in our own counry?

Assassino
02-09-08, 14:57
A union jack tattoo racist???
So all the union jack flags at the olympics...

Goose
02-09-08, 15:04
A union jack tattoo racist???
So all the union jack flags at the olympics...

No the union jack is British not English, the English flag is St Georgies Cross. According to the article above it is offensive because:

Chris Doyle, director of the Council for the Advancement of Arab-British Understanding, said Tuesday the red cross was an insensitive reminder of the Crusades.

"A lot of Muslims and Arabs view the Crusades as a bloody episode in our history," he told CNN. "They see those campaigns as Christendom launching a brutal holy war against Islam."

Obviously he doesnt have the History channel.

Mad Tony
02-09-08, 15:08
No the union jack is British not English, the English flag is St Georgies Cross. According to the article above it is offensive because:

Chris Doyle, director of the Council for the Advancement of Arab-British Understanding, said Tuesday the red cross was an insensitive reminder of the Crusades.

"A lot of Muslims and Arabs view the Crusades as a bloody episode in our history," he told CNN. "They see those campaigns as Christendom launching a brutal holy war against Islam."

Obviously he doesnt have the History channel.Oh jeez. The St George's Cross is our national flag for crying out loud. How the hell is it an attack on Islam? That guy is an idiot.

Assassino
02-09-08, 15:12

Obviously he doesnt have the History channel.

I know about the cross:)
It's just daft why you can't have national pride, if a tattoo's offensive anything else Union jacky would be seen as it too.

Goose
02-09-08, 15:18
I know about the cross:)
It's just daft why you can't have national pride, if a tattoo's offensive anything else Union jacky would be seen as it too.

You cant have national pride because half the people you live around are'nt nationals is why in a nutshell, and half of those peoples countries were once part of the british empire, which is politically incorrect to talk about.

British history up untill 1914 is entierly UN-PC, and everything since is reasonably UN-PC.

corey01
02-09-08, 15:19
dont think this ever happened but at one point they were planning on changing the nursary rhyme "bah bah black sheep" to bah bah rainbow sheep....now thats just plain ****

Assassino
02-09-08, 15:26
Ahh well i'm not even going to argue, people should just get over it.
Corey01: Yeah they were, apparently it was going to be 'ethnically coloured sheep' whether that's true or not i'm not sure.

Nannonxyay
02-09-08, 15:30
dont think this ever happened but at one point they were planning on changing the nursary rhyme "bah bah black sheep" to bah bah rainbow sheep....now thats just plain ****

It's like that congress man who complained because someone mentioned a 'black hole' referring to a black hole in space, and he had a massive hissy fit over it. It was pathetic. Apparently saying 'Black Hole' is racist. :rolleyes:

Angelus
02-09-08, 15:33
It's like that congress man who complained because someone mentioned a 'black hole' referring to a black hole in space, and he had a massive hissy fit over it. It was pathetic. Apparently saying 'Black Hole' is racist. :rolleyes:

And very rude. :p

corey01
02-09-08, 15:34

its ridiculous!

Dingaling
02-09-08, 15:38
And very rude. :p

:vlol:

I remember a friend going on about the PC on the "Baa Baa Black Sheep" rhyme which resulted in her calling her trousers 'ethnic trousers', people had 'ethnic hair', 'ethnic' jumpers'... was quite the sight :D.

But the St. George's Flag thing is stupid because I bet the majority of people don't even know the Crusades existed.

Goose
02-09-08, 15:44
:vlol:

I remember a friend going on about the PC on the "Baa Baa Black Sheep" rhyme which resulted in her calling her trousers 'ethnic trousers', people had 'ethnic hair', 'ethnic' jumpers'... was quite the sight :D.

But the St. George's Flag thing is stupid because I bet the majority of people don't even know the Crusades existed.

I think its a matter of the government taking "each and every complaint seriously", and you can see why, if the person takes it to court they will always win.

Mad Tony
02-09-08, 15:48
It seems like the world black has become some what of a taboo word now a days. People seem to be forgetting that it's just a color. (or shade, whatever you wanna call it)

EDIT: This is pretty shocking
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/45814/-Ethnic-firemen-drive-fails