PDA

View Full Version : Google 'Chrome' now available for download!!

tlr online
02-09-08, 19:37
Downloading :jmp:

Anyone going to try this?

http://www.google.com/chrome

Hairhelmet12
02-09-08, 19:39
Hmmm, i might have to give it a go :D

TombRaiderCool
02-09-08, 19:39
Cool, I will give it a go. :D

Heckler
02-09-08, 19:40
Oooooh me!!! :cln:
Sounds awesome!

jamieoliver22
02-09-08, 19:41
Looks good, haven't heard much about it to be honest. I might have to check it out.

It's based on Mozilla :D - makes me a happy bunny.

Flame
02-09-08, 19:41
I just downloaded it then :p In just logged in to make a thread about it ;) It's great

trXD
02-09-08, 19:43
seems ok so far...

DickDan
02-09-08, 19:44
HELL NO

Google = EVIL

Lew
02-09-08, 19:44
It's not out for Macs yet :(

IceColdLaraCroft
02-09-08, 19:46
:vlol: i clicked on learn more here and there looked like a video and then it said "sorry that video is no longer available" and it was from youtube

iron out the kinks much?

Larapink
02-09-08, 19:46
I am not too sure about it, I think I will stick to good ol' IE 7. :)

jamieoliver22
02-09-08, 19:48
Google = EVIL

Why?

dizzydoil
02-09-08, 19:49
Why?
They are watching us all the time. :yik:

tlr online
02-09-08, 19:51
They are watching us all the time. :yik:

So am I. :mis:

Looks OK. I'm sticking with Firefox tho.

trXD
02-09-08, 19:52
Seems a bit faster than usual. Im in:)

b0bb13
02-09-08, 19:52
Downloaded it.It's okay,but nothing happens when I click the middle mouse button.:confused:
Anyway,I shall keep my Flock.;)
EDIT:*gasps*Justin!:eek:
Wait...we can watch what you can do too!:mis:

ssiscool
02-09-08, 19:54
Looks good but not for mee

tranniversary119
02-09-08, 19:56
WOW this is really fast :tmb: I love it better than firefox.

dizzydoil
02-09-08, 19:57
So am I. :mis:

YAY. That I can deal with. :mis:

:p (First post on Chrome! - Don't know if I like it much though)

Drone
02-09-08, 19:58
hm nope. IE8 for me :wve:

remote91
02-09-08, 19:59
I'm gonna stick with simple firefox, thank you very much.

Assassino
02-09-08, 20:05
Installing...looks good:)

Angelus
02-09-08, 20:12
Can't be bothered downloading it... I'm happy with Firefox. :D

Aurelien52
02-09-08, 20:20
Not that bad :)

I like the design :)

Cochrane
02-09-08, 20:37
Looks good, haven't heard much about it to be honest. I might have to check it out.

It's based on Mozilla :D - makes me a happy bunny.

It's not. It's based on WebKit, same as Safari (and it's the basis of Android's browser as well). Which is great, because I love WebKit (resizable text boxes alone are worth a lot).

I'm waiting for the Mac version before I'll consider downloading it.

jamieoliver22
02-09-08, 20:45
It's not. It's based on WebKit, same as Safari (and it's the basis of Android's browser as well). Which is great, because I love WebKit (resizable text boxes alone are worth a lot).

I'm waiting for the Mac version before I'll consider downloading it.

My bad, I just picked up on this:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US)

jackali
02-09-08, 20:47
It's not bad. I still prefer Netscape though, it's a shame that Netscape's over and done with. I guess I'll just have to stick with Firefox until something better and more like Netscape comes up. It's absurd really that Firefox isn't more like Netscape. It should be.

Cochrane
02-09-08, 20:53
My bad, I just picked up on this:

Interesting, no hint of Google or WebKit at all. I wonder whether that'll remain that way.

M.A.
02-09-08, 21:09
Browsing this very forum right now using Chrome. So far so good! :tmb: I really like the absence of clutter in the toolbar, making the viewing area bigger. It takes some getting use to but not too long. I think I'm in love with it. Damn, my firefox gonna sulk! :D

Andariel
02-09-08, 21:10
It's nice but I'm sticking with Firefox 3. It lets me install the WOT add-on which lets me know if a site is safe or not to go to. I find that to be invaluable.

Punaxe
02-09-08, 21:44
Interesting, no hint of Google or WebKit at all. I wonder whether that'll remain that way.

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome): "It builds on components from other open source software, including WebKit and Mozilla (...)"

Nicky
02-09-08, 21:51
WOW, a new browser! :D Looks sweet too.

I may give it a go (after I have done a small research :whi: ).

Cochrane
02-09-08, 21:55
Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome): "It builds on components from other open source software, including WebKit and Mozilla (...)"

I mean in the user agent string that Jamie posted (Obviously, that includes Mozilla, but that does not mean anything. For historical reasons, every browser includes Mozilla in the user agent string).

Natey168
02-09-08, 22:00
OMGOOGLEBROWSER.

SO downloading.

ivannnnn
02-09-08, 22:02
It's beta though.

Lara Croft!
02-09-08, 22:15
Thanks for sharing, I'll try it!

Natey168
02-09-08, 22:21
Me likey, so far. :)

IceColdLaraCroft
02-09-08, 22:23
yay! it works lol....i've had a lot of problems with firefox NOT downloading plugins (like flash and not being able to use blogspot properly). Glad this works lol.

jamieoliver22
02-09-08, 22:31
yay! it works lol....i've had a lot of problems with firefox NOT downloading plugins (like flash and not being able to use blogspot properly). Glad this works lol.

You have to download Flash manually and install it, from here: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

IceColdLaraCroft
02-09-08, 22:38
yea i know it worked when i did it for chrome, but when i tried with firefox it just wouldn't it was extremely frustrating!!

tranniversary119
02-09-08, 22:46
I have to say this must be the best browser yet. When I saw the picture for it I was a little unsure but it's very FAST and has a neat design. I would totally recommend it to anyone :tmb:

touchmyheart
02-09-08, 22:58
Firefox hasn't led me wrong yet so I'll just stick with that :) I wondered when Google would get it own browser though...this is very interesting :D

tlr online
02-09-08, 23:01
I wonder if Microsoft kind of asked for this, with their new privacy features as part of I.E. 8. The big loser there would be Google, because tailored advertising would become borderline-defunct. Now Google has hit back with Chrome, which if anything will preserve its revenue model and wean folk away from Microsoft-owned services.

I wonder what's next. A Google o/s?

Titanium
02-09-08, 23:07
It's a bit faster then IE, uses less memory as well. Hopefully the final release will be even better.

tampi
02-09-08, 23:38
http://i33.************/14177uf.jpg

There are no buttons :confused:

rowanlim
03-09-08, 00:21
Downloaded it :) Gonna test it later :)

KC Mraz
03-09-08, 00:31
hm nope. IE8 for me :wve:

:tmb:

oocladableeblah
03-09-08, 00:36
Downloaded it and it's ok Kind of plain and there are no buttons. It is fast though :D

tranniversary119
03-09-08, 00:41
I like the Most Visited feature, it also has that Private mode where you can browse without it saving anything :p

irjudd
03-09-08, 00:59
I'm actually just enjoying IE8. Way better than Firefox 3 so far, and I'm not really interested in Google's browser yet.

askmeificare34
03-09-08, 01:38
i just want to know when is the final verison of chrome coming out?:hea:

tranniversary119
03-09-08, 01:38
I'm actually just enjoying IE8. Way better than Firefox 3 so far, and I'm not really interested in Google's browser yet.

I dislike IE8 it seems the same as IE7

askmeificare34
03-09-08, 01:39
well ie8 isnt the same at all *****!

tranniversary119
03-09-08, 01:40
well ie8 isnt the same at all *****!

Well it seems so to me. Chrome is better ann :wve:

tlr online
03-09-08, 01:40

No idea yet. I'm sure after a good deal of public testing. Welcome. :wve:

askmeificare34
03-09-08, 01:41
ummm hi im new to this thing..... :hea: lol anyways when is the final version of chrome coming out? does anyone know?

tlr online
03-09-08, 01:42

No idea yet. I'm sure after a good deal of public testing. Welcome. :wve:

ummm hi im new to this thing..... :hea: lol anyways when is the final version of chrome coming out? does anyone know?

Did you miss something?

askmeificare34
03-09-08, 01:42
thank you ann

askmeificare34
03-09-08, 01:43
God this shet is lame!

tlr online
03-09-08, 01:43
God this shet is lame!

Congratulations. I think you scored the record for shortest forum membership at a whopping 5 minutes.

I must update my list with that time. :wve:

violentblossom
03-09-08, 01:53
Congratulations. I think you scored the record for shortest forum membership at a whopping 5 minutes.

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

back to topic, i cba to download this... >.>

i hate downloading anything.

Tihocan9
03-09-08, 02:24

Oh my, I am pondering how long that list must be from 8 years of people finding new ways to get through the censorship. :p

I personally am not really into Chrome, I tried it out and I found it to be a bit slower and it doesn't use the mouse wheel which I love to use and it just doesn't fit to be me, but it is very nice how it is clean and not bogged down with toolbars. I am sticking with FireFox

Immortalis08
03-09-08, 03:08
I am anxious to test it out. Apparently everyone keeps mentioning how fast it operates. Unfortunately I will have to wait for the Mac version. :( Seems kind of simple for my tastes though. Nevertheless I can't wait to try it.:)

rowanlim
03-09-08, 04:26
I must say, Google Chrome is PRETTY :tmb: :)

Fast, too...Me likey! :D

Nefertiti_89
03-09-08, 04:36
Looks O.K....
I think I'll stick with safari tho :)
Everything is fast on mac anyway :)

oocladableeblah
03-09-08, 04:54
Ok so I played with it a little more and I like it more. I love the favorites thing when you start of the browser. I wish you could change the color to something other than blue and wish it had themes and I wish it had smooth scrolling option, but this isn't the final product so hopefully they will add that. :tmb:
Just found a bug I noticed that check boxes don't appear like the remember me box on this site and on the polls on socom.com by the polls. I can click on them and they work, but they don't appear. Anyone know how to fix this.

Draco
03-09-08, 05:12
it doesn't use the mouse wheel

Apparently that is Safari's fault, which Chrome is based on. I love my wheel.

jamieoliver22
03-09-08, 07:10

I have heard that they are working on one, apparently.

Cochrane
03-09-08, 07:21
I wonder if Microsoft kind of asked for this, with their new privacy features as part of I.E. 8. The big loser there would be Google, because tailored advertising would become borderline-defunct. Now Google has hit back with Chrome, which if anything will preserve its revenue model and wean folk away from Microsoft-owned services.
I don't think IE8's privacy model hurts Google. Google can still track you through cookies like any site (if IE were to forbid that, many major sites, including this forum, would break horribly) and Google text ads will still be displayed the same as before.

They have that already, only for phones: Android. I can't see Google develop an entire OS, however they are already active in Linux development for their own servers. I could see a Google-branded Linux distribution in the future, possibly/probably with a Google-specific toolkit for application development (i.e. Android for Desktop).

The problem is of course: How can Google place ads there? With the browser, their strategy is quite obvious: If you search through the search bar in Safari, Firefox or Opera (don't know about IE as Microsoft is pushing MSN Search), Google pays for that. In fact, that's where most of Mozilla's money comes from and what has allowed Opera to become ad-free. Having an own browser means Google can stop paying (they could try to stop paying already, but you can be sure that the next browser versions would have a different default search engine), so that's a clear monetary benefit. Also, with the trend to web applications of all sorts (most notably webmail, but also Google documents etc.), if you control the browser you control the application environment. Google is highly dependent on web applications, so of course they want to have some say over what browsers do. Google Gears is a good example of that.

On the other hand, where is the money (for Google) in producing an own branded operating system? On the mobile phone, it means Google can push it's own services directly and by default in a growing market. On the desktop, this will be significantly more difficult.

Apparently that is Safari's fault, which Chrome is based on. I love my wheel.

Safari does work with scroll wheels :confused:

Voni
03-09-08, 08:20
I wasn't going to download it (I'm wary of downloading anything, since I'm afraid that any extra stuff on the PC will make it go BOOM - it's very old! :p) but I think I will after reading this thread. Can't hurt to try it out!

jaywalker
03-09-08, 08:21

There IS a G-OS - its based on Ubuntu, and altho it stands for Good OS, it comes with all Google apps built in which kinda screams out Google OS ;)

St4r
03-09-08, 09:11
Another step away from privacy. Naming is also pretty ironic if you think of chrome URLs.

M.A.
03-09-08, 09:49
Is it me, or is Chrome faster than Firefox? I'm using Chrome more and more now. If it's not for Firefox excellent download manager add-on called "downloadthemall!", I would ditch Firefox already! :D

rowanlim
03-09-08, 10:25
Is it me, or is Chrome faster than Firefox? I'm using Chrome more and more now. If it's not for Firefox excellent download manager add-on called "downloadthemall!", I would ditch Firefox already! :D

It's not just you, I also think that Chrome is faster than Firefox :)

Bowie
03-09-08, 10:54
Another step away from privacy.
How so? :)

tomblover
03-09-08, 10:59
Meh, I don't like the design. :p

jackali
03-09-08, 11:07
There IS a G-OS - its based on Ubuntu, and altho it stands for Good OS, it comes with all Google apps built in which kinda screams out Google OS ;)

Based on Ubuntu? Oh dear. That's not a good thing. I hate what Shuttleworth did to it.

disneyprincess20
03-09-08, 11:09
:whi: Clicky (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/03/google_chrome_vuln/)

St4r
03-09-08, 11:15
How so? :)

What do you think is the basic intention behind it? It's not like the world would be in need of yet another browser, but to build up something like Live Mesh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Mesh) which shall replace all applications and locally stored data by web apps, of course with DRM as a huge background. I don't know if it's also for you, but speaking for myself I prefer my private data and applications I bought beeing stored on my local system instead of some webserver.

disneyprincess20
03-09-08, 14:23
:whi: Clicky (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/03/google_chrome_vuln/)

Here's another clicky (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/03/google_chrome_eula_sucks/) for those worried about Chrome's privacy issues....

Burned by Chrome
Your copyright goes up in smoke

Astute Reg readers have pointed out a Chrome condition of service that effectively lets Google use any of your copyrighted material posted to the web via Chrome without paying you a cent.

Here's the relevant section 11.1 of the Chrome EULA:

11. Content licence from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights that you already hold in Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content, you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

Granting Google 'a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content that you submit, post or display on or through' Chrome is coming it rich.

Suppose Google does this to material you have posted that's not yours? No problem. It has a get-out-of-jail card signed by you in section 11.4 of the EULA:

11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above licence.

But you may be posting material via Chrome to your employer's site and it owns the copyright of anything you create in work time. What then if Google adapts, modifies and distributes it? Your fan has brown stuff all over it but none of it sticks to Google.

According to a blog posting "Microsoft tried this years ago with MSN messenger, where MS got an irrevocable perpetual license to all IP that passed through MSN messenger, and the net basically revolted. AOL did this too with AIM. "

Copyright-sensitive sysadms may banish Chrome from their networks because of this. Google's been asked how it fits in with its general 'Do no evil' ethic but wasn't immediately able to respond - because they're not in their office yet.

The blogger above thinks "Google's EULA sucks."

I was actually going to download this when I got home from work, but now I'm a bit worried....

Draco
03-09-08, 14:27
Safari does work with scroll wheels :confused:

Never did for me.

Sir Croft
03-09-08, 14:53
It's quite good, but I'm sticking with Firefox.

Cochrane
03-09-08, 15:05
Here's another clicky (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/03/google_chrome_eula_sucks/) for those worried about Chrome's privacy issues....

I was actually going to download this when I got home from work, but now I'm a bit worried....

That entire license seems to be made way too hastily. My favorite part is this:
10.2 You may not (and you may not permit anyone else to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the Software or any part thereof, unless this is expressly permitted or required by law, or unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by Google, in writing.
Since Chrome is completely open source (or at least claims to be), this entire paragraph is completely void since everyone is expressly permitted to create derivate works and look at the source code.

My guess is that Google just copy-and-pasted the code from their other user agreements, and with the part about giving Google all those rights, Google basically only wants to ensure that Google can legally show stuff you upload on Google websites. You'll notice that it talks about "Services" the entire time. I do hope they'll change this, though, as it stands it's very worrying indeed because no matter what their intention really was, it does give them far more rights than it should.

lararoxs
03-09-08, 15:32
It's quite good, but I'm sticking with Firefox.

:tmb: Same here! Firefox is my preferred browser!

jaywalker
03-09-08, 15:53
Never did for me.

i can use wheel to scroll down, but not up :) on my XP machine, its fine on vista :)

Tthe Spirit
03-09-08, 15:57
What???

My antivirus won't allow me to run the program update...

http://i36.************/2ebhkc4.jpg

:confused::confused::confused:

Cochrane
03-09-08, 16:09
What???

My antivirus won't allow me to run the program update...

http://i36.************/2ebhkc4.jpg

:confused::confused::confused:

Click the link on Trojan.generic and see what that says. My guess is that your antivirus just doesn't like software that gets run every time you start your computer. Google Chrome installs Google Update, which gets run every time you start your computer to check for updates. I think there's no actual threat here.

tlr online
03-09-08, 20:17
Wow. You folks might want to read this.

Astute Reg readers have pointed out a Chrome condition of service that effectively lets Google use any of your copyrighted material posted to the web via Chrome without paying you a cent.

Here's the relevant section 11.1 of the Chrome EULA:

11. Content licence from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights that you already hold in Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content, you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

Granting Google 'a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content that you submit, post or display on or through' Chrome is coming it rich.

Suppose Google does this to material you have posted that's not yours? No problem. It has a get-out-of-jail card signed by you in section 11.4 of the EULA:

11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above licence.

But you may be posting material via Chrome to your employer's site and it owns the copyright of anything you create in work time. What then if Google adapts, modifies and distributes it? Your fan has brown stuff all over it but none of it sticks to Google.

Back in 2001, El Reg first revealed how Microsoft's new single sign-on Passport, used for all its web services including Hotmail, also appeared to grab your intellectual property. Microsoft issued a reworded Terms of Use a few days later. Similar land-grabs have been attempted other operators including MySpace, amongst others.

Copyright-sensitive sysadms may banish Chrome from their networks because of this. Google's been asked how it fits in with its general 'Do no evil' ethic but wasn't immediately able to respond - because they're not in their office yet.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/03/google_chrome_eula_sucks/

Cochrane
03-09-08, 20:22
Wow. You folks might want to read this.[..]

We did. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3021321&postcount=80

tlr online
03-09-08, 20:28
We did. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3021321&postcount=80

Looks like I arrived late to the party, again. ;)

only Croft
03-09-08, 21:12
I downloaded it, it looks kind of weird o me :ohn:

Titanium
04-09-08, 00:40
30 Google chrome tips. (http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/web/30-google-chrome-tips-tricks-and-shortcuts-462663) :)

tlr online
04-09-08, 05:01
If I understand this correctly, everything I upload using Google Chrome (artwork, articles... etc) gives Google royalty-free permission to use in any which way they choose. This is pretty incredible behaviour from a company whose slogan is 'Don't be evil.' For this reason, I've uninstalled the browser.

Mr.Burns
04-09-08, 05:03
I was under the impression that anything owned by Google that you use (Chrome, gmail, youtube, etc), fell under that. Hence why I won't use it.

Tthe Spirit
04-09-08, 05:20
If I understand this correctly, everything I upload using Google Chrome (artwork, articles... etc) gives Google royalty-free permission to use in any which way they choose. This is pretty incredible behaviour from a company whose slogan is 'Don't be evil.' For this reason, I've uninstalled the browser.

I was under the impression that anything owned by Google that you use (Chrome, gmail, youtube, etc), fell under that. Hence why I won't use it.

I wont even install it now...

More, Kaspersky just keeps notifying that it is a threat :p:p:p

so yes, my antivirus is my teacher and i must obey it... :D

St4r
04-09-08, 08:25

Isn't this illegal in most countries? Sounds more like theft to me.

tlr online
04-09-08, 09:09
Seems like Google have put this fire out. (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/03/google_chrome_eula_sucks/) In fact, they've deleted Section 11 (http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html) entirely and replace with this:

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights that you already hold in Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services.

I wonder if this nullifies the previous agreement I had already agreed to prior to downloading... :confused:

disneyprincess20
04-09-08, 09:30
It probably nullifies it if you have uninstalled the version with the old EULA, and download and install it again with the new one. I imagine that should work legally.

M.A.
04-09-08, 09:44
Seriously, who reads the any EULA when they press "agree" when installing any progams? :D:vlol:

I really like to think Google insert this just to see if somebody does read it. Well, thankfully somebody does and now it has been rectified. No worries!

Chrome is preettyy..... :o

Cheers!

tlr online
04-09-08, 10:05
el Reg (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/04/google_retracts_lousy_chrome_eula_terms/) just posted this follow up on the rapid change of Chrome's EULA.

Rebecca Ward, the Senior Product Counsel for Google Chrome, says: "In order to keep things simple for our users, we try to use the same set of legal terms (our Universal Terms of Service) for many of our products. Sometimes, as in the case of Google Chrome, this means that the legal terms for a specific product may include terms that don’t apply well to the use of that product. "

Beggars the question. What 'products' contain the now removed 'we own your arse' clause? :yik: Because I'm going to avoid them like the plague.

young Lara Croft
04-09-08, 10:22
I'm not even downloading it! I'm happy with my Safari! :hug:

Punaxe
04-09-08, 10:43
el Reg (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/04/google_retracts_lousy_chrome_eula_terms/) just posted this follow up on the rapid change of Chrome's EULA.

Rebecca Ward, the Senior Product Counsel for Google Chrome, says: "In order to keep things simple for our users, we try to use the same set of legal terms (our Universal Terms of Service) for many of our products. Sometimes, as in the case of Google Chrome, this means that the legal terms for a specific product may include terms that don’t apply well to the use of that product. "

Beggars the question. What 'products' contain the now removed 'we own your arse' clause? :yik: Because I'm going to avoid them like the plague.
Picasa comes to mind...

disneyprincess20
04-09-08, 11:24
Is there a EULA for google mail? I can't remember now but I'm quite scared....

Catlantean
04-09-08, 13:16
It bugs me a bit that there's no Home button, but overall it seems pretty cool as far as regular browsing is concerned.

wgell
04-09-08, 13:48
It bugs me a bit that there's no Home button, ......

There is you just have to enable it under the homepage settings on the basic tab in the options. Silly that this isn't enabled by default but it is a Beta. I like it. I was never a big fan of Firefox but I am using Chrome and liking it much more than Firefox and IE.
:)

irjudd
04-09-08, 16:42
Anybody else already post about the fact that Chrome will store every keystroke you put into its search and address bar and send it to googles servers for unknown purposes, even if you don't actually press "enter"? I'll try to find the article if nobody else mentioned it already.

Edit: My bad, its about the omnibar. Still, pretty concerning.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10031661-56.html?tag=newsLeadStoriesArea.0

Minty Mouth
04-09-08, 17:47
Only had it for a day, but its my favourite browser...Ever!

SO clean and easy, sleek and stylish, and the Tab isolation is fantastic!

Maddiegirl
04-09-08, 18:47
I'm going to give it a few weeks....it apparently has security flaws all over it.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/150639/early_security_issues_tarnish_googles_chrome.html

Punaxe
04-09-08, 18:52
Anybody else already post about the fact that Chrome will store every keystroke you put into its search and address bar and send it to googles servers for unknown purposes, even if you don't actually press "enter"? I'll try to find the article if nobody else mentioned it already.

Edit: My bad, its about the omnibar. Still, pretty concerning.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10031661-56.html?tag=newsLeadStoriesArea.0

That's because of the recommendations they want to make about what they think you'd be wanting to type in.

Cochrane
04-09-08, 18:52
I'm going to give it a few weeks....it apparently has security flaws all over it.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/150639/early_security_issues_tarnish_googles_chrome.html

There's something wrong with this entire story. The fact that it'll open JARs automatically has nothing to do whatsoever with WebKit. It's up to the browser to implement handling for those issues or not, the rendering engine is not responsible for that at all.

Maddiegirl
04-09-08, 19:06
Kaspersky also listed a critical security flaws within 24 hours of its release.

And there are bugs. Type "about:%" into address bar - Chrome goes bye-bye.

I generally avoid the newly released, but that is my own preference.

And some more regarding the webkit flaw with Chrome - http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9114078&intsrc=news_ts_head

Wana b like Lara
04-09-08, 19:31
Sorry it looks kinda ugly! :o

just croft
06-09-08, 14:47
Installed and Uninstalled... waste of time, it's so slow! I.E. FTW

Edits: Ok... I've decided to finnaly try Firefox, and jez! this is Great!

Nefertiti_89
06-09-08, 23:01
I'm not even downloading it! I'm happy with my Safari! :hug:

Me Too :D

Compared to safari, google chrome looks like a preschooler made it! :)

Lew
06-09-08, 23:20
Me Too :D

Compared to safari, google chrome looks like a preschooler made it! :)

Yeah Safari is underrated.

george_croft
06-09-08, 23:23
Oh, i'm not even tempted to download it.

*hugs his firefox*

Lara's Backpack
06-09-08, 23:56
Ive just installed it, I'm ready to divorce Firefox for my new love affair.

takamotosan
07-09-08, 01:06
i feel like a technological dinosaur for still using internet explorer...

and windows XP