PDA

View Full Version : RE5 getting a new control system?

Samsdad
02-09-08, 19:43
http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=1827

I have to confess that I tried playing RE4 on the PC and its control system was really bad.

TombRaiderCool
02-09-08, 19:46
Thanks for the heads up. :)
Were the controls bad at E3?

MadCroy101
02-09-08, 21:09
I thought someone said Gears of War controls? I wouldn't know what kind of controls those are

Megalith
02-09-08, 21:26
I thought someone said Gears of War controls? I wouldn't know what kind of controls those are

Run/shoot/cover.
As i understand in RE5 you can run and shoot at the same time,something that was really missing from the previous games (at least for me).
Its basically an improvement of RE4's controls.

Tomb Raider 5194
02-09-08, 21:32
I hope its not exactly like GoW. I just feel RE is losing its survival-horror genre to action/ adventure, I hope I'm wrong though.

Dia2blo
02-09-08, 22:42
I just read about this on IGN, and boy does it suck. The fact that it was annoying that you had to stop and shoot, and couldnt see around corners, or behind you, was the entire point of survival horror!! It won't be shocking or terrifying at all if you can back against walls, i mean how many times have i backed into a corner in resi 4, just because i was afraid of things being behind me????

TripOpt55
02-09-08, 23:02
I don't think this a good idea. Changing the controls will change the pacing and tension of the game. I guess I'll just have to see how it turns out.

Megalith
03-09-08, 09:37
I just read about this on IGN, and boy does it suck. The fact that it was annoying that you had to stop and shoot, and couldnt see around corners, or behind you, was the entire point of survival horror!! It won't be shocking or terrifying at all if you can back against walls, i mean how many times have i backed into a corner in resi 4, just because i was afraid of things being behind me????

They could always increase the difficulty of the enemies (moving faster,stronger,better AI altogether).That would make the advanced controls a necessity but also keeping the tension of the older games.
I'm pretty sure enemy AI will be far more advanced this time.

Isaac
03-09-08, 10:53
I hope its not exactly like GoW. I just feel RE is losing its survival-horror genre to action/ adventure, I hope I'm wrong though.

RE lost it a long time ago...

By the way, does Resident Evil 5 will come out on PC? It's new to me. :confused:
(if it is, then I might get a chance to play it).

And I just hope that this time, if I play it on PC, that they'll allow the mouse... Moving the pointer with the arrow is... Well... Stupid.

CroftScionGuard
03-09-08, 12:24
I'm very curious about these new controls... Won't RE5 have that laser-thing in the guns when aiming? In the trailers, that is possible to see, but if we can move the character and aiming at the same time, won't it be a bit complicated to control the character?

Also, maybe we should think about continuing this thread in the Main RE thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=113463)...

robm_2007
03-09-08, 17:05
well, i know that the console controls are changing a bit

Hybrid Soldier
03-09-08, 17:33
Lol, uhhh, making it similar to GoW isn't really the best idea.. Run/shoot/cover.. why would we take cover from them exactly? They don't have any weapons except the odd pitchfork or knife. Unless i'm read it wrong. =/

robm_2007
03-09-08, 17:48
but if we can move the character and aiming at the same time, won't it be a bit complicated to control the character?

it might just be like Splinter Cell.

Survival
03-09-08, 17:54

Ugh it already lost it in RE4.

alzughoul
04-09-08, 04:58
hey guys..... any body have a single idea if it's gonna be on PC or not and when....

TombRaiderCool
04-09-08, 06:44
hey guys..... any body have a single idea if it's gonna be on PC or not and when....

Nothing has been official, so far it is just PS3 and Xbox360. :)

yesrushdt
05-09-08, 05:03
I have to confess that I tried playing RE4 on the PC and its control system was really bad.
I don't have any control issues with the PC version. Try using a gamepad if you haven't already. I have a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2. Control is just as good as (if not better than) the Gamecube version IMO.

Graphics are a big improvement over the console versions with the 1.1 patch. I think it's definitely the best version of RE4 out there.

Samsdad
05-09-08, 13:26
I don't have any control issues with the PC version. Try using a gamepad if you haven't already. I have a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2. Control is just as good as (if not better than) the Gamecube version IMO.

Graphics are a big improvement over the console versions with the 1.1 patch. I think it's definitely the best version of RE4 out there.

My problem was using the arrow keys to aim and no mouse support just ruined the game for me. Then there was no exit in the menu system and the only way you could exit was using ctr-alt-del.

You suggestion of using a game pad is a good one that I might try.