PDA

View Full Version : Do you have PS3?

ivannnnn
03-09-08, 01:39
Oh damn I haven't got PS3 at all! It's too expensive! i decide to join a quiz or the like to get PS3. The PS3 is alright to buy, just its game is way more expensive to buy. Buy this one, wallet empty; buy another one...ow, I dunno what to do!

So, do you have PS3? How do you feel about PS3?

Tihocan9
03-09-08, 02:01
I have a PS3, I got it for Christmas and I bought a few games with it, I make a decent amount of money babysitting quite often and since I usually hardly ever use my money I have enough to do whatever with it although I limit my video game money and usually invest or save the rest. I haven't bought a game since January but I am planning on buying three games in the next few months, LittleBigPlanet, Mirror's Edge, and Tomb Raider Underworld. I love the PS3 and it is so nice to be able to use it for so many things and not just a console. I have never used a 360 before and although I recommend a PS3 if it is to much the 360 has the same graphics as the PS3 (well basically there is arguments about that but they are equal as of now) so since it is cheaper I think that is just as good, although I isn't getting LittleBigPlanet which is gonna be awesome :D

Kiss-Bite
03-09-08, 08:23
I own a PS3 & I'm very happy with it!:D I do own a lot of PS3 games & they can be expensive, however, looking around different stores pays as you can get games quite cheap.

Buying games online or a little while after they're released can reduce cost considerably.;) Recently I bought both Lego Star Wars & Enchanted Arms brand new from a local Blockbuster for just 14 each.:)

thanatos
03-09-08, 08:34
Yes, but don't hold that against me I also own a 360! ;) It's worth it for the Blu-ray player and web browser (I don't have a PC at home as I own the one where I work) as well as Ratchet and Clank and MGS4. I also use it to play my PS2 games up-scaled and with Progressive scan enabled so it looks A LOT better. It's good to have the option of which platform to buy the games for, especially when DLC goes exclusive like GTA4 and Mirrors Edge (360 and PS3 respectively.)

Mad Tony
03-09-08, 13:11
Nope. Not at the moment. In about 9 months time when I'll be old enough to get a part time job I might get one, but only for MGS4 and the Blu-Ray player though.

Larapink
03-09-08, 14:02
No, I would like one though. :)

touchmyheart
03-09-08, 14:13
I have a PS3 and I adore it! I got it as part of a bundle, which is really the best way to go if you do decide to purchase one. As mentioned above the games for it can be very expensive, considering you have to fork over 400 for the console itself. I buy most of my games second-hand and that works fine for me :) (always hang on to reciepts though just in case ;))

I definately recommend it!

Legend of Lara
03-09-08, 14:15
Yes, I do. I lurves it a lot! :D

Seb_01225
03-09-08, 14:15
hell yes.
i got rid'a my Xbox 360 so i could get one cos i hated it SO much.
i love my PS3

petujaymz
03-09-08, 14:20
I'll be in the club soon.

Hope a slimline version comes out.

:wve:

thanatos
03-09-08, 14:52
hell yes.
i got rid'a my Xbox 360 so i could get one cos i hated it SO much.
i love my PS3

The overwhelming choice of games too much for you :p

Smog
03-09-08, 15:09
I got one last month and I haven't gotten tired of Ratchet and Clank or MGS4 yet. They're both brilliant games and the PS3 hardware has so much untapped potential. 80GB HDD? What the hell am I gonna fill that with? :D

thanatos
03-09-08, 15:23
I got one last month and I haven't gotten tired of Ratchet and Clank or MGS4 yet. They're both brilliant games and the PS3 hardware has so much untapped potential. 80GB HDD? What the hell am I gonna fill that with? :D

I fill mine with HD movies and music, but with the mandatory installs you should fill it in no time.

AmericanAssassin
03-09-08, 20:08
Yes, I bought a PlayStation 3 back in July and I don't regret that decision at all. It works flawlessly and I love the game selection. :D

Here's a pic of the verson I got...

http://i36.************/289c31t.jpg

toxicraider
03-09-08, 20:25
I got a ps3 on 12th of january and have no regrets, i use the bluray as well, sure here they are immensely expensive (there is no way i would have got the original priced verion (130 more)
All consoles start expensive (except the wii and handhelds) they will come down in price, it will take longer for ps3 because it has 2 very new hardware components in that need to be made cheaper (the cel and blu ray drive) but i still believe it was the right choice for me, as if i had gone for 360 i would have still got those optional extras, and ps3 is cheaper for what i wanted.
also i wanted the playstation games
they are dead cheap in japan if you like to import, i didn't myself but many do, but at 2 thirds of the price for a 40 gig, and you can get a white or silver one, i would have liked to have gone for it.

Aphrodite22
03-09-08, 21:49
No :(.. someday i will :D..

i have a question ... why do u need to update your ps3?

Legend of Lara
03-09-08, 21:53
i have a question ... why do u need to update your ps3?

For better security (that's what Sony say, anyway...) and more features. Plus you can only access the PS Store with the latest update.

kthnxbai
04-09-08, 12:15
I have a ps3 and I'm perfectly happy with it.

No complaints whatsoever.

I do hope that we'll get a better range of games soon, but by looking at the releases due out in Q4 that seems the case.

It's quite strange that you say that the games are too expensive.
Do you mean in comparison to ps2 games?
ps3 games here are the exact same price as 360 ones, and there's actually a good few at €30-€45...if you know where to look

Assassino
04-09-08, 14:28
Yeah I got a 40GB one...and only one game for it...which i've finished, so sadly I don't play it that much:(
I love it though:)

TRF
04-09-08, 14:51
Ye, i do have the 40GB..
I have 4 games,

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune,
Assassins Creed,
The Bourne Conspirisy,
Vegas War something (which i never play, was a buy tha never should have happend)

And OMG, i love that thing... Can't wait for TRU and my 42" HDtv :jmp:

Naz2000
04-09-08, 16:02
Yeah I have a Playstation 3:) Got it for Christmas last year and was over the moon when I opened a parcel to find Ratchet and Clank: Tools Of Destruction along with the system in the hallway:) It's brilliant and I love playing on it, it's the most entertaining thing in my entire house! I love it so much:D

Maddiegirl
04-09-08, 16:06
Yup and with a ton of games.

Love this console, though I still do use my ps2 a great deal also. And sometimes the xbox (though never bought the 360).

lovechin
04-09-08, 20:24
yeah I already have a PS3 and really love it! :D
tbh, I won my PS3. I spent so many months saving money and then...boom! :jmp:

JonnyT
04-09-08, 20:36
xD I have a PS3 and love it. I mainly use it for multiplayer games with voice chat with my friends. Like GTA4 and COD4

Rachel Croft
04-09-08, 20:55
Sure do. Their awesome!

ben croft
04-09-08, 21:38
I have one and I love it. :tmb: So many features, so many cool games, and it got Blue-Ray reader.

:wve:

Kento
04-09-08, 22:06
I bought one two months ago. If I had I known that the 80 Gb was coming out these days at the very same price that the one I've got ( 40 gb) I would have waited to purchase the 80 gb PS3 :hea:

xD I have a PS3 and love it. I mainly use it for multiplayer games with voice chat with my friends. Like GTA4 and COD4

What? You can talk to your friends when playing?

Aphrodite22
04-09-08, 22:34

wait wait... u can voice chat?! i mean .. talking like if the PS3 was a.. celphone?? :confused:

Tombreaper
04-09-08, 23:04
I feel very good about my PS3, amazing technology.
I don't have many games yet, but that will change of course, I can't wait for TR Underworld, let's hope this game show us some good next gen scenery.

**LARA LOVER**
04-09-08, 23:04
No but I would really love one!! :(

KIKO
04-09-08, 23:08
I'm planning on buying one but not this year, maybe for the next year. Entertainment is getting too expensive for me :tea:

Feather Duster
04-09-08, 23:26
No, but I'm getting a big muscle-y dog :ton:

Melonie Tomb Raider
05-09-08, 00:45
I have one :D

Kento
05-09-08, 01:17
No, but I'm getting a big muscle-y dog :ton:

You made the right choice :)

peeves
06-09-08, 02:43
I have a PS3 since last summer back in June 2007 where my dad had the money too buy it for me it costed 700 dollars with tax and everything. I like it and hopefully planning to play TRU on it when it comes out.

prince13
06-09-08, 21:24
Yes I do have a PS3.Its a great console.I think the games that come out for it arent really like wii.:)