PDA

View Full Version : a few xbox 360 questions

tidusffxwakka
03-09-08, 11:09
Hi well im gettin a 360 soon an have a few questions

is there a point gettin the gold membership for a person who mainly plays offline and mainly rpgs (wont be playin any shoot em ups/fps etc so mainly rpgs and adventure which i doubt are very online based)

is fable 2 playable offline? if i stick with silver i hear i cant play online

how much are the store games i hear games like fable one is available for download and since i havent seen it in a shop for awhile whats the average prices for them.

do many demos for games go on the store? eg rpgs

will i need alot of storage i plan on a 60gb and do normal external hard drives work for them (i hear theres a proper one for the console)

how long on average r the rpgs i like mine clockin in around the 30-40hrs but with extras alot more (eg ff10 length)

thanks for any help!!!!!! appreciate it

thanatos
03-09-08, 11:20
Hi well im gettin a 360 soon an have a few questions

is there a point gettin the gold membership for a person who mainly plays offline and mainly rpgs (wont be playin any shoot em ups/fps etc so mainly rpgs and adventure which i doubt are very online based)

is fable 2 playable offline? if i stick with silver i hear i cant play online

how much are the store games i hear games like fable one is available for download and since i havent seen it in a shop for awhile whats the average prices for them.

do many demos for games go on the store? eg rpgs

will i need alot of storage i plan on a 60gb and do normal external hard drives work for them (i hear theres a proper one for the console)

how long on average r the rpgs i like mine clockin in around the 30-40hrs but with extras alot more (eg ff10 length)

thanks for any help!!!!!! appreciate it

Gold membership means you get extra downloads, like the recent Star Wars demo, but it may be a waste of money if you only play offline.

Fable to is primarily a single player game

The majority of Live games a 6 (800 points)

A lot of demos are on live, RPGs included, but not ALL games have demos.

Normal hard drives work but only for your own content like videos and music, they don't work as XBox storage (demos, saves etc). I have 120GB and have already passed 60GB, but then I don't delete a lot of my old demos, most saves don't take a lot of space (be aware though soon you will be able to install games to decrease load times which will use a lot of space.)

RPGs on this console aren't necessarily any different than any other console, the existing ones are all Final Fantasy type length.

tidusffxwakka
03-09-08, 11:29
cool thanks thanatos for the help for a hard drive would it mean i could use the 360 to play a video from it?

i generally do delete stuff after a while so the space probably wouldnt bother me then unless the install stuff to lower load times take up too much if its not too long i generally would have one installed as im a play one game finish it start up next one gamer :)

glad to hear about the rpgs i heard there supershort like 10-15hrs short an since im a rpg player mainly the 360 is look to be the console for them for a while

jackali
03-09-08, 11:32
It probably won't be worth getting Gold for you, if you're not going to play online.

Gold membership, for demo downloads, simply means that you get them a week earlier than Silver. If you have silver then you will get the demo... just a week later than the gold members.

I'm sure that you won't mind waiting a week for a demo?

I've got the 20GB HDD, and I've had that since I got my 360, back when they came out. I've not had a space problem, since I delete my old demos. The thing is, most of the demos I download are for games I'll end up buying anyway, and there's no point in having the demo once I've got the game. :p

Lost Odyssey was nice and long, that was fairly good too. I think I got about 43 hours out of that... I never did get around to starting New Game+, maybe I should sometime. :)

tidusffxwakka
03-09-08, 11:33
cool im like u jackali once i buy the game theres no point havin a demo :) and a week isnt too bad for me so thts fine thanks for all the help people

Dia2blo
03-09-08, 13:32
I don't feel i need to add anything to the points you guys have already mentioned, but... Who told you the RPGs are short? Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Oblivion etc... they are all massive games, so i'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about!!

tidusffxwakka
04-09-08, 08:21
i basically found it from friends and other forums and reviews as i heard the new rpg infinite undiscovery at max is 20hours and lost oddesy can be completed in around 25 with everythin done