PDA

View Full Version : Is the economy making it difficult for you to tough it out?

Feather Duster
05-09-08, 01:12
Certainly is for my family, my mother has to go to school and she pays bills online, and my dad is so sucky with the computer. Plus he doesn't have hours, oh how I wish it was November right now :(

Draco
05-09-08, 01:16
I still have a job, but of course some things aren't as nice as they could be.

rowanlim
05-09-08, 01:30
Fuel has gone up, food has gone up...Right now is Ramadhan, when the fasting month is over, everyone will be rushing back home, but now bus companies are not gonna sell more tickets until the government gives subsidized fuel to them. So the government is offering subsidized fuel for 2000 buses, factory buses are complaining that they deserve subsidized diesel too.

Bottomline: Not many Malaysians are happy today :rolleyes:

Fallen.Angel
05-09-08, 01:43
*Sighs* Yepp since i'm out of a job right now. Had to give my last one up bcuz of a wrist injury. dont get along with my dad... everyone around here thinks he's a jerk, not to mention he recently got fired from two jobs due to smarting off to the boss and customer.so yea its a pain but ive been putting in my applications. my boyfriend's car is a pile of crap..breaks down even though we put in a new radiator, and other materials in which had to b changed. now we need to figure out how we'd get to work 4 the first two weeks. but once i get this job my boyfriend and i are moving into an apartment.we already figured out the costs, so yeah life will be good in a few weeks

Feather Duster
05-09-08, 01:56
It's going to be tough for me and Payton to open our Tattoo shop with all this crap, since we both go to the same drawing school and tattoo schol, our expenses are through the roof! :(

Goose
05-09-08, 06:21
Petrol prices have gone up in Briton, or more accuratly, in the south of England, there not to bad up north. Other then that not to much has changed.

Theres debt here, but thats always been here, my family takes the policy 'if you dont have the money, dont buy it', pity most people dont.

Punaxe
05-09-08, 06:24
As a student I am always trying not to spend as much, but on the whole I've not been affected much by the whole situation. Prices of stuff I need (just food basically) hasn't gone up much as far as I've seen. I do have to add I guess that for a student I do have a fair bit of money...

spikejones
05-09-08, 06:52
Yes..

I need not say more, but I will.

I went to look for a job yesterday at 4 different "strip malls" that were very busy places 2 years ago when i moved to High Point. I was lucky to find 3 stores in each of those centers yesterday. All the other places had shut down because the economy here REALLY sux. Im sure if any of you did enough research about my city and its number one product, and then looked to see where that product is manufactured, you would realize why the economy sux so bad here. and this place certainly isnt the hotspot for technology either.

Nefertiti_89
05-09-08, 07:34
Yes.

The old government here passed these things called AWAs

Which means even thought I'm 18 and an adult in Australia

I get paid less than $10 an hour.

Wages are going down, and everything else is going up. I think I might just go live in a commune lol.

Naomichi
05-09-08, 07:50
Not really to be honest, my wife and I both earn a decent wage, and we both do jobs that are kinda niche areas. In fact I'm starting a new job next week that has a significant payrise attached.

EgyptianSoul
05-09-08, 08:15
I'm somewhat content with my own situation but I'm worried about other people. Food prices keep rising when already some people can't afford to eat healthy and that results in more sickness and deaths amongst the poorer population. I feel saddened to know that people with money get better health care and can afford to live healthy lives when the less fortunate wither away. :(

MiCkiZ88
05-09-08, 08:20
It's a bit hard for me atm. I have zero income/studen aid/student loan for this year. =/ I certainly don't have the time to work now for the following month or two either. Had to move here to my dad's place for a while.. ugh.

Goose
05-09-08, 08:25
Not really to be honest, my wife and I both earn a decent wage, and we both do jobs that are kinda niche areas. In fact I'm starting a new job next week that has a significant payrise attached.

People keep saying Briton is going down with America, but from what i can see, things have barely changed, other then the price of Oil.

But we have the Falklands reserve if that falls to low.

Maybe its our ties with the Commonwealth countries thats made it less of a blow?

disneyprincess20
05-09-08, 08:26
The economic situation (coupled with the stupid 10 tax rate the government brought in earlier this year) mean that I'm now actually paid less than I was 18 months ago when I started my job. Whoop.

Nefertiti_89
05-09-08, 08:57
People keep saying Briton is going down with America, but from what i can see, things have barely changed, other then the price of Oil.

But we have the Falklands reserve if that falls to low.

Maybe its our ties with the Commonwealth countries thats made it less of a blow?

I think so because they said the same thing about us, and really its just been petrol, although we have had hellish interest rate rises this year but they are slowling coming down.

calico25
05-09-08, 09:36
gas prices are killing me. I drive an SUV and have a 40 min commute to work...but I live rent free until Nov. Once I move closer to work, I plan on selling my SUV for a smaller car and a motorcycle to save on gas. Other than that, I am fine because I have good, recession proof job that pays well and has excellent benefits.

Feather Duster
05-09-08, 09:42
gas prices are killing me. I drive an SUV and have a 40 min commute to work...but I live rent free until Nov. Once I move closer to work, I plan on selling my SUV for a smaller car and a motorcycle to save on gas. Other than that, I am fine because I have good, recession proof job that pays well and has excellent benefits.

Get a mo-ped :D

calico25
05-09-08, 09:52
Get a mo-ped :D

lol, nothing but a harley for me.

Goose
05-09-08, 09:54
lol, nothing but a harley for me.

Do you have a large family?

chakotay1
05-09-08, 10:13
Yes very much so since I only get 75 a week to live on and i have bills to pay on that and fodd to buy so yes it is tough at the moment for me.

Catlantean
05-09-08, 10:53
I wouldn't mind having a bit more extra money to spend on cool stuff I don't really need, like traveling and fancy gadgets, but I can't say I'm struggling to make ends meet. That I don't own a car and use public transport instead is probably a big part of it.

Mr.Burns
05-09-08, 14:01
Nope. A fuel efficient car, a short commute and a busy company means I haven't felt the effects yet.

violentblossom
05-09-08, 14:07
were doing okay, but that probably has alot to do with the fact that both my fiancee and i are pretty low maintenance. we know how to budget, and we know how to prioritize.

we are feeling the effects of the economy, but they arent killing us.