PDA

View Full Version : Extremist eco-group MOURNS over cut trees

Jin Uzuki
05-09-08, 13:23
Do watch (http://thechillingeffect.org/2008/09/04/take-a-break-and-cry-for-a-tree/). I was a bit taken aback to be honest. I guess they have THAT much passion for their cause.

george_croft
05-09-08, 13:28
I like trees but JEEZ.

I wonder how they feel about stepping on grass. O_O

Goose
05-09-08, 13:29
Sound like a bunch of idiots:

"The group declines to participate in the democratic process, preferring instead to damage, disable, and destroy the property of its ever-growing list of enemies."

I like trees but JEEZ.

It appears like they have no problem smoking it.

Jin Uzuki
05-09-08, 13:44
I wonder too what they use to wipe when they finish with their private deeds.

rowanlim
05-09-08, 13:47
I can't view the vid, what on earth did they do?

Goose
05-09-08, 14:10
I can't view the vid, what on earth did they do?

They just stood next to a felled tree in the middle of a forrest crying in a large group. Then one starts shouting about her 'mourning' for every tree, or somthing like that.

disneyprincess20
05-09-08, 14:15
Shouldn't they also be crying for the grass they're standing on? I can't watch the vid (I'm at work) but it sounds a little grass-ist for me....

:D

Tomb Raider Master
05-09-08, 14:17
:vlol:

*wipes tear*

Mr.Burns
05-09-08, 14:18
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l243/filmdemon/facepalmbq8dj7.jpg

Goose
05-09-08, 14:19

Pure hilarity.

That does actually sum this up.

Titanium
05-09-08, 14:19
Poor trees, having to listen to her scream like that. :p

Goose
05-09-08, 14:21
Poor trees, having to listen to her scream like that. :p

Imagine how the camera man feels. He has to sit there and film them without laughing, otherwise they would refuse to do it.

rowanlim
05-09-08, 14:25

:vlol: Oh boy...These tree huggers must've made Lord Pigeon weep with their silliness :D

Some people can go overboard for such...silly reasons :rolleyes:

Mr.Burns
05-09-08, 14:27
It's a tree. Plant another one. Jeez. Some people I swear.

lara_rocks
05-09-08, 14:32
LOL

The screaming crazy lady should calm down.

"YOU CAN GROW TREE'S?!" :o :vlol:

Rileigh
05-09-08, 14:39
O gods, I'm all for defending mother earth, and that people destroy it without caring is a little sad, but that was hilarious.

Why on Earth would you gather together in a group and start wailing over a dead tree? I know hippies, and they have some sense of logic, like you can plant trees for fallen ones. Those are some weird people!!:jmp:

badboy70
05-09-08, 14:45
Do they live in houses ? Because eventually wood will be used in your house.

Strange people, yeah.

viper456
05-09-08, 14:49
*SIRENS* CRINGE ALERT *SIRENS*

I actually felt embarrassed watching that. Jeeze.

Quasimodo
05-09-08, 14:52
It's a tree. Plant another one. Jeez. Some people I swear.

Even Al Gore is rolling his eyes :p

Wana b like Lara
05-09-08, 14:55
I like trees but JEEZ.

They must hate cows! :eek:

Jin Uzuki
05-09-08, 14:57
"We care. We want you to know that, trees! That we care!"

Lavinder
05-09-08, 15:15
What do they possible eat if they care about everything so much O_O?

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!" -tree smacks girl-

SamReeves
05-09-08, 16:23
"We've lost our identity." :vlol:

MMMMM

Baseball bats!!!!

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/5639/lsyc5.jpg

Outside decks!!!!

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/6826/complexdecknaturalwoodjg1.jpg

5000 reams of paper!!!!

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9431/wau32518eco100rman5.jpg

Oh yes chestnuts on an open fire!

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/1239/fireplacescreen01kt7.jpg

C'mere little tree! :cln:

Draco
05-09-08, 16:37
I guess they are meat eaters then?

Ikas90
05-09-08, 16:42
Poor tree... It's such a shame when a great tree gets cut down. :( This one must have done something very honourable with it's life.

They gonna get a tombstone for it aswell? Wonder how much these guys pay for the funerals.

Mad Tony
05-09-08, 16:42
SAM! You monster! How could you post pictures of that? That's murder!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Seriously though, what a bunch of weirdos. It's just a tree. :p

deepbluesea
05-09-08, 17:29
Hmm I admitt I never go that far. Way too far!

I adore tree's. I'm a tree nut. (bad pun) and I always get a bit sad when an old one is cut down. I find I think its been around for much longer than we have. But I suppose it depends why its cut down. If its needed for shelter or dangerous (eg could fall on a road or someone) then as long as its used I don't worry too much. But when the council cut them down because they block a view or because children might hurt themselves falling out of them (they're kids what else are they supposed to do and yes it did happen in my local area.) I get annoyed. As for Rainforests don't get me started.

Its the same with people who hunt for sport and eat what they kill. I'm not a vegetarian if I kill something its because I need to eat, I don't go round crying every time I pull up a carrot as long as there's something to take its palce. If I cut down a branch or tree then its because I'm going to use it and I've planted more trees and plants in my life so far than I could ever use. Give and take. Give back what you use and everything fits.

If its not broken don't fix it!

Greenkey2
05-09-08, 17:33
Much as I love and support eco-movements, this is taking it just a teensy bit too far. Come on people, if you're going to mourn tree-felling, join Greenpeace and do something other than standing in a field crying about it! :rolleyes:

Give and take. Give back what you use and everything fits.

If its not broken don't fix it!

Seconded :tmb:

Lenochka
05-09-08, 17:36
lmfao, pathetic

" I think we have lost our identity "

erm... *****, I think you have lost your mind.

tranniversary119
05-09-08, 17:41
Grow more tree's thats the good thing about plants you can regrow them.

Achilles_DS
05-09-08, 17:46
Isn't that guy banging on a drum? Which is probably made of wood and animal skin.

interstellardave
05-09-08, 17:47
It is sad, indeed, that people would act like that.

I think there is NO DOUBT that alternatives to trees are out there for many products--and should be used, because trees take many years to grow, and they ARE vitally important to the environment. I think being environmentally responsible is prudent--and necessary--for individuals and corporations these days.

Standing around a fallen tree literally crying, however, makes a mockery of the very point they are trying to make!

Cochrane
05-09-08, 17:49
Crying over cut trees is a bit weird, but not exactly harmful to society. Earth First's other actions are what's worrying me.

Note: I did not actually watch the video.

Obscure
05-09-08, 17:53
Okay I watched the video then read all the responses on here. Just because people have different emotions and opinions on things doesn't give us the right to judge them for it, neither call them names. Yes they are extreme in many cases but who am I to judge?
They're obviously caring people and aren't doing anyone any harm so why are people getting on their high horses? If we were all the same, this world would be a boring place.

amiro1989
05-09-08, 18:22
I like trees but JEEZ.

:vlol:

just croft
05-09-08, 18:52
http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/j/justcroft/96052/idaovlzkut.thumb500.jpg

I mean, jezz,.... I don't know weather to laugh or to cry

Not As We
05-09-08, 22:13
lmfao, pathetic

" I think we have lost our identity "

erm... *****, I think you have lost your mind.

Ha!,
When she said that, there was a pause between 'our' and 'identity'
I honestly expected her to say marbles instead of identity

:D

Seriously though,
there's caring for the environment and there's...well, there's that.

TRhalloween
05-09-08, 22:16
:( Oh no! I think I just sneezed into a tissue...which means I killed germs! I'm a murderer!

Twilight
05-09-08, 23:01
wow.

one time when i was walking in the park i saw 2 people literally hugging trees.

i couldn't stop laughing.

Shrantellatessa
06-09-08, 00:15
Hummm...http://kolobok.us/smiles/standart/smoke.gif

Larapink
06-09-08, 00:19
They have every right to be angry, but maybe they just stepped too far.

n00b raider
06-09-08, 00:30
"...and when I'm here with this rock, who's had the most interesting life, that's when I truly feel alive!"

Ooookkkkaaayyy then. I'm sure the rock has a lot to tell you. :vlol:

Nefertiti_89
06-09-08, 02:11
It is sad, indeed, that people would act like that.

I think there is NO DOUBT that alternatives to trees are out there for many products--and should be used, because trees take many years to grow, and they ARE vitally important to the environment. I think being environmentally responsible is prudent--and necessary--for individuals and corporations these days.

Standing around a fallen tree literally crying, however, makes a mockery of the very point they are trying to make!

Agreed. The sad part is, it doesnt matter how many times they like scream in the middle of the forest nobody is going to hear them! I dont see why they cant just participate in the democratic conservation movement like the rest of us!

I also have one other explanation for their behaviour...pot, and too much of it over many many years lol

Jin Uzuki
06-09-08, 02:26
In fact, I heard she said "incredible" life.

Gregori
06-09-08, 02:35
I would have laughed at these guys, but then again I know atleast quite a few of the peeps here are probably going to crying in the next thread about killing blastocysts, comparing it to GENOCIDE etc etc etc

I don't know of what they're doing is such a good idea, but environmentalism in general is not something to be laughed at. It's very important. It won't be funny when there are no trees. We're NOT planting Trees to account for the rainforests we're decimating. Right Now, we're in the middle of one of the biggest extinction events on the planet thanks to mankind :D

Nefertiti_89
06-09-08, 02:38
I would have laughed at these guys, but then again I know atleast quite a few of the peeps here are probably going to crying in the next thread about killing blastocysts, comparing it to GENOCIDE etc etc etc

I don't know of what they're doing is such a good idea, but environmentalism in general is not something to be laughed at. It's very important. It won't be funny when there are no trees. We're NOT planting Trees to account for the rainforests we're decimating. Right Now, we're in the middle of one of the biggest extinction events on the planet thanks to mankind :D

Very true. Hopefully it will be the extinction of mankind!....or at least it would be if I had my way *shakes fist* lol

takamotosan
06-09-08, 02:55
oh.
my.
god.

they're all on drugs!

chobits743
06-09-08, 03:05

Yeah, like get of my face please! :D

Death Mask
06-09-08, 03:21

Exactly, no need to add anything else.

Shrantellatessa
06-09-08, 04:27

Agreed Greg, but those guys really exagerate to a "laughable" extent TBH :)

Quasimodo
06-09-08, 04:32

Most of "we" do not clear out rainforests for cattle. Most of the wood and paper products you and I use come from places that plant three trees for every one they cut down.

Crayons
06-09-08, 05:33
:vlol: oh my

Goose
06-09-08, 06:37
I dont think there has ever been a time, in the written history of mankind, that we hav'nt practiced de-forrestation. Shouldnt they be offering alternative solutions, rather then crying over stumps?

Gregori
06-09-08, 19:09
Most of "we" do not clear out rainforests for cattle. Most of the wood and paper products you and I use come from places that plant three trees for every one they cut down.

yet the rainforests are disappearing faster than ever...

It's a globalized world, so "we" help clear out rainforests in Brazil for cattle. We've all a share in the blame. Its not a case of "ahh that just happens in that far off country thats nothing got to do with me!!"

What happens is that all the hardwood trees are chopped to pieces for fancy furniture, consumer products etc. The types of trees they "replant" for paper are only from the species that can quickly regrow - other species are being wiped out along with the habitats they used to support.

knightgames
07-09-08, 03:57
Parenthetical thought..... setting:

Somewhere in the deep rainforets of Brazil our heroine, Lara Croft the intrepid explorer of long lost artifacts and temples, trots along a windy bush laiden path. She knows the 'shrines of the forefathers' is not far ahead, but she can't fathom the strange noises she hears in the brush. She presses farther cutting vines and foilage. The noises grow louder and more discript. Could this be a haunted jungle? Or are these sounds of Warning Spirits or guards before the shrine itself? She continues cautiously.

Finally, through the thicket she sees a clearing to her left and looks to find 8 or so people wailing. She pauses for a moment to listen unbeknownst to the 8 or so.

Lara finally gets what's going on and snaps out of the resultant unbelief. "I've seen all kind of wierd things in the world, but that's the wierdest. Those folks are daft."

Snapped out of her unbelief Lara continues on her way through the thick brush all the while wondering about live rocks, and the incredible lives they must lead.

2kool4u
07-09-08, 07:12
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
hahahahaha this is hilarious :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

chrismcalees
07-09-08, 08:53
Only in America.

Elysia
07-09-08, 09:30

Well said (although I would debate the 'greatest extinction event' bit... the end of the Permian was pretty devastating, and mankind is going to have to go some to match anything on that scale!).

It is this complacency towards the rainforests that will end up being their destruction. Yes, trees get replanted... but usually they are fast growing pine species, not mahoganies and other more tropical species. And whilst we are not personally going out there with a chainsaw, we are all guilty of buying into a global society that *does*, making each and every single one of us responsible for what is happening - to play the 'I'm not directly responsible' card is, quite frankly, not good enough.

calico25
08-09-08, 09:19
Only in America.

naw, we get great drugs and the idiots burn themselves out...though I have seen many similar idiots in England, Italy, and Germany...only with tighter pants (when they should not be tight), greased back hair, and a love for fruity, neon drinks. But liberalism and tree huggers only exist in America, right?

Naomichi
08-09-08, 09:44
This is the type of thing that I think does infinitely more harm than good to the cause, because they make it a joke in the eyes of people who might otherwise have a little bit of respect for their beliefs.

As is pretty much what goes on in my case, because I do think that the environment is important, and I do think that we need to actually start putting back into it, but I’m thrice damned if I’m going to be nailing my colours to the same masthead as people like this.

la-la-lara
08-09-08, 09:51
Jesus.

OK people, we get the message across, but the protection of the environment rather needs actions, not...mourning.

chakotay1
08-09-08, 10:22
Just what **** is it with these Eco MORONS? Crying for a fallen tree? They need to get a life! Do they cry when someone mows the lawn? Or is the grass at thier house 10 feet tall? I have always said that the minuet you become a veggieterian you loose all your senses and become ****** up through lack of animal protein! I mean think about it, Do omnivorous people make vidoes about animals going to slaughter? Do Omis stand in street corners handing out leflets on that subject? Do Omis tie themselves to tress and what not? NO! Veggieterians relly need to get a reallity chack and some animal protien.

just croft
08-09-08, 13:08
Just what **** is it with these Eco MORONS? Crying for a fallen tree? They need to get a life! Do they cry when someone mows the lawn? Or is the grass at thier house 10 feet tall? I have always said that the minuet you become a veggieterian you loose all your senses and become ****** up through lack of animal protein! I mean think about it, Do omnivorous people make vidoes about animals going to slaughter? Do Omis stand in street corners handing out leflets on that subject? Do Omis tie themselves to tress and what not? NO! Veggieterians relly need to get a reallity chack and some animal protien.

They can'r be veggies remember? They'ed be killing for food

chakotay1
08-09-08, 13:19
Good point! very logical! So what do they eat and drink? You have got to wonder havent you?

Elmer
08-09-08, 14:08
Okay I watched the video then read all the responses on here. Just because people have different emotions and opinions on things doesn't give us the right to judge them for it, neither call them names. Yes they are extreme in many cases but who am I to judge?
They're obviously caring people and aren't doing anyone any harm so why are people getting on their high horses? If we were all the same, this world would be a boring place.

Well said:tmb:

Endow
08-09-08, 14:21

I kindda agree, in that, this forum is often touchy about who respects whose views etc etc but appears to have some well defined criteria for that....or maybe not; considering ghosts stories, and other "out there" must be respected and this kind of thing can be laughed at...

As always I won't say I disagree from the general reaction to this news, but I'd like people to be little more coherent sometimes.

Goose
08-09-08, 14:33
I kindda agree, in that, this forum is often touchy about who respects whose views etc etc but appears to have some well defined criteria for that....or maybe not; considering ghosts stories, and other "out there" must be respected and this kind of thing can be laughed at...

As always I won't say I disagree from the general reaction to this news, but I'd like people to be little more coherent sometimes.

According to the story, these people are actually physically violent to the people and companies they oppose.

So IMO, mock away.

Endow
08-09-08, 15:13
According to the story, these people are actually physically violent to the people and companies they oppose.

So IMO, mock away.

Actually the fact they take it so seriously is shocking rather than laughable imo. I don't laugh at violent people, I kick them in the arse.

Gregori
08-09-08, 15:17
Actually the fact they take it so seriously is shocking rather than laughable imo. I don't laugh at violent people, I kick them in the arse.

Yes, that will teach them for being violent!

oh wait....

just croft
08-09-08, 15:30
Shoot them, Call the police, and Blame the Rock... afterall it's so full of life it afects those crying for it.

OMG that so reminded me of an American Dad quote: "I was so invited it invided everyone arround me"

Evelyn.
08-09-08, 15:37
It might sound a little dumb to us but for them its a big deal, i think its important for some of us to accept everybody has their own believes and not ridicule them for it :rolleyes:

Endow
08-09-08, 15:54
Yes, that will teach them for being violent!

oh wait....

Yeeeeeeess?:)

Gregori
08-09-08, 15:55
I suppose the irony is lost on you...

Endow
08-09-08, 15:57
I suppose the irony is lost on you...

The irony of fighting fire with fire? I must say I'm not sure if I understood what you were implying....

Maybe you read a bit too much into what I was saying.