PDA

View Full Version : A flood of new games

Samsdad
05-09-08, 15:56
Between now and the end of the year there is a flood of games in which I am interested.

Sept

Spore
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Crysis Warhead
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Skys

Oct

SOCOM
Fable 2
LBP
Far Cry 2

Nov

GeofW 2
Resistence 2
COD 5
Left 4 Dead
TRU
POP
Mirrors Edge
007 Quantum of Solace

Dec

Wet

etc.etc.etc.

interstellardave
05-09-08, 16:01
Samsdad: have you heard of Spore coming to the consoles? There's a PC version and a DS version that I know of. Why this isn't a slam dunk on the consoles is quite beyond my comprehension!

Agent 47
05-09-08, 16:08
not a flood folks

just an expensive monsoon :jmp:

Jin Uzuki
05-09-08, 16:19
If I'm not mistaken, Lara's going to go up against Left 4 Dead and Gears of War 2 on the 21st of November. I wonder how that will go. Can't say I'm confident of Tomb Raider getting the bigger slice of sales for launch.

Samsdad
05-09-08, 16:29
Samsdad: have you heard of Spore coming to the consoles? There's a PC version and a DS version that I know of. Why this isn't a slam dunk on the consoles is quite beyond my comprehension!

I have heard no word of Spore coming to any of the three major consoles. The PC specifications are not that high compared to some of the other newer games.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/880/880693p1.html

Agent 47
05-09-08, 16:29
If I'm not mistaken, Lara's going to go up against Left 4 Dead and Gears of War 2 on the 21st of November. I wonder how that will go. Can't say I'm confident of Tomb Raider getting the bigger slice of sales for launch.

it's a multiplat title so it should do well.

your thinking should be "how will it fair with the big titles on each platform"

sales wise GoW2 will probably murder TRU on 360, don't know about L4D, as for PS3 i don't know what games are out on the same day :(

interstellardave
05-09-08, 16:40
it's a multiplat title so it should do well.

your thinking should be "how will it fair with the big titles on each platform"

sales wise GoW2 will probably murder TRU on 360, don't know about L4D, as for PS3 i don't know what games are out on the same day :(

Resistance 2 comes out the same month--so it could be tough sledding for TRU on the PS3 too.

Agent 47
05-09-08, 16:44
Resistance 2 comes out the same month--so it could be tough sledding for TRU on the PS3 too.

very possible Resistance does have a good fanbase, not sure of it's release date though, November is all i know :D

if R2 is also out on the same day i agree TRU will find it difficult

KC Mraz
05-09-08, 16:48
In december comes out a game I'm pretty excited about: Lips (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/l/lips/). Karaoke is frickin' fun :)

interstellardave
05-09-08, 16:53
You know I wouldn't be surprised to see EIDOS change the release date accordingly... there's some heavy hitters coming out in November, maybe not the same exact day but all in same month. A lot of people are going to have to choose one game over another... is EIDOS confident enough to face that competition?

Agent 47
05-09-08, 16:59
You know I wouldn't be surprised to see EIDOS change the release date accordingly... there's some heavy hitters coming out in November, maybe not the same exact day but all in same month. A lot of people are going to have to choose one game over another... is EIDOS confident enough to face that competition?

i already have chosen and TRU isn't one of them :D

can Eidos face the competition? guess we'll find out in November :jmp:

Forwen
05-09-08, 17:21
Nov

COD 5

Already! I've only recently beaten CoD4, excitement overdose :yik:

Samsdad
05-09-08, 17:27
I forgot to include Fallout 3 and Tom Clancy's Endwar to the list

Alex Fly
05-09-08, 17:30
Yes, so many new fantastic games are coming these next months. I can't wait either. November for example, will be a great month, with Underworld, Prince of Persia and Mirror's Edge. :tmb:

tranniversary119
05-09-08, 17:39
So many games..so little money.

Jin Uzuki
06-09-08, 00:38
I'd ask the same question, too. So you have Left 4 Dead and Gears of War 2 competing with Lara on the 360. GTA IV on the PC. And Resistance for the PS3. Not confident.

Dingaling
06-09-08, 00:44
It's quite funny seeing so many members thinking Tomb Raider isn't one of the big franchises anymore. While it may not get a Number One place like the rest of the franchise, it's guaranteed into the top ten.

Larapink
06-09-08, 01:01
Mirrors Edge and TRU are all I am interested in at the moment.

Aphrodite22
06-09-08, 08:35
Dec

Wet

WET is coming out in December!!? :confused::D

LegenDarY
06-09-08, 11:16
Currently I'm interested in:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Little Big Planet
Resistance 2
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Prince of Persia
Mirror's Edge
Call of Duty 5

marcocatena
06-09-08, 11:29
Damn I need Money to buy these Sweet Games!!!! :mad:

tampi
06-09-08, 11:50
I have read an article recently that talks about a new golden age for video games.:)
Yes there are a lot of interesting new titles to come.

Night Crawler
06-09-08, 22:09
I'm gonna be out of pocket, but I have been saving for a while now for games that are releasing September, October & November, I can only hope that we'll get such quality releases this time next year, hopefully they can top it! Good times. :D

oocladableeblah
06-09-08, 22:18
very possible Resistance does have a good fanbase, not sure of it's release date though, November is all i know :D

if R2 is also out on the same day i agree TRU will find it difficult

Comes out november 4th

Yes there are tons of games coming out, but most of them I can wait and some I can't so those ones I have saved up money for.

Immortalis08
06-09-08, 22:50
Damn College expenses...:pi:

I am choosing TRU. And if i end up buying the 360, Gears of War 1 and 2. I thought that Spore was also going to be released for the Wii. :confused:

I want to purchase Fatal Frame IV for the Wii as well.

interstellardave
06-09-08, 22:55
I had heard about Spore on the Wii, as well. That would renew my interest in the Wii... as would Fatal Frame IV.

irjudd
06-09-08, 23:34
I'm most interested in picking up:

Spore
Far Cry 2
Underworld
Sims 3
Red Faction 3
Pure
Shaun White Snowboarding
Crysis Warhead

But the funds for them all are lacking. So it'll probably be Spore next month and Underworld when it launches, who knows what else after that.

Explorer
08-09-08, 13:01
Have the demo for Spore, really looking to get that game :tmb: