PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Spinball

peeves
06-09-08, 01:36
Hi i decided to make a thread about sonic spinball. I played the game and was unable to beat it it was too freaking hard :hea::( I made it to the last level and got all 5 jewels but didn't make it to the boss room this was 11 years ago.

Sam The Man
06-09-08, 02:35
well i never thought id see a thread on this game. I had Sonic Spinball for Xmas when it first came out in 94 if my memory serves me correctly and also found it fairly hard. I havn't played it in over 10 years but i also couldn't beat it. I remember finally getting to the last boss of the last level (level 4) and couldn't beat him.....BUT NOT BY DYING!

On the last boss fight against Robotnik if i remember correctly you can actually fall down back into the level as there is huge gaps or a gap and if you do and i remember it being really easy as Robotnik in someway tried to knock you back down or had bouncers on him that would repel you, anyway it wouldn't just knock you just below but RIGHT BACK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LEVEL :hea:

I found getting to him was hard as nails and took an age and only made it to him 3 or 4 times i think but i always got knocked back down and doing that final level AGAIN got annoying and tiring and in the end i never did it. I had lent it to my mate who was also a HUGE sonic fan back then and he managed to beat it but not me!
It wasn't my fave Sonic game but i enjoyed it. As a kid it was Sonic 2 as i had so many good memories of not only 1 player but the 2 player split screen before 16 player online was about. Now as a 24 year old i would have to say my fave is Sonic 3 plugged into S&K.

FACT: SONIC 3 AND S&K WERE 1 GAME UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE WHEN SEGA REALISED THAT THE SIZE OF THE GAME WOULD MAKE THE CARTRIDGE 32 MEGABIT IN SIZE WITH NVRAM WOULD OF COST THEM WAY TOO MUCH SO THEY SPLIT THEM IN 2.

.FLYING BATTERY WAS ORIGINALLY GOING TO FOLLOW CARNIVAL NIGHT AND AT THE END OF FLYING BATTERY SONIC WAS GOING TO SMASH THROUGH THE DOOR OF THE FORTRESS LIKE HE DOES ANYWAY ONLY IN MID AIR GRAB IT AND USE IT AS A SNOWBOARD WHERE HE WOULD FALL INTO ICE CAP ZONE!

If you are a Sonic fan in general heres a link to SONIC THE HEDGEHOG MUSEUM -

http://www.theghz.com/index.php

Click on the MUSEUM header on the left where you will find a list of EVERY Sonic game released on EVERY format categorised into the years they were released. You can click on any game where you will find bags of info on every game!

Even though id played a few games on Spectrum 128k and a N.E.S round my mates my interest in them was mild. But Sonic The Hedgehog is responsible for me getting into games proper as in actually caring for them way back in 91 as a 7yr old punk ass.

If i hadnt seen that SEGA AGES advert with the mad scientist advertising Sonic 1 with the line ''TO BE THIS GOOD TAKES AGES'' i never would of took an interest PROPER. I never would of found or experienced games like Shining Force 2, Street Fighter 2, Donkey Kong Country, Nights Into Dreams, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Shining Force 3, Guardian Heroes, Mario 64, Ocarina Of Time, The early Resident Evil games and the Gran Turismo series, Abe's Odysee and many many more!

But most importantly i never would of found TOMB RAIDER and FINAL FANTASY!!!

So i ow Sega and Sonic big time. Thanks guys :jmp:

peeves
06-09-08, 02:39
well i never thought id see a thread on this game. I had Sonic Spinball for Xmas when it first came out in 94 if my memory serves me correctly and also found it fairly hard. I havn't played it in over 10 years but i also couldn't beat it. I remember finally getting to the last boss of the last level (level 4) and couldn't beat him.....BUT NOT BY DYING!

On the last boss fight against Robotnik if i remember correctly you can actually fall down back into the level as there is huge gaps or a gap and if you do and i remember it being really easy as Robotnik in someway tried to knock you back down or had bouncers on him that would repel you, anyway it wouldn't just knock you just below but RIGHT BACK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LEVEL :hea:

I found getting to him was hard as nails and took an age and only made it to him 3 or 4 times i think but i always got knocked back down and doing that final level AGAIN got annoying and tiring and in the end i never did it. I had lent it to my mate who was also a HUGE sonic fan back then and he managed to beat it but not me!
It wasn't my fave Sonic game but i enjoyed it. As a kid it was Sonic 2 as i had so many good memories of not only 1 player but the 2 player split screen before 16 player online was about. Now as a 24 year old i would have to say my fave is Sonic 3 plugged into S&K.

FACT: SONIC 3 AND S&K WERE 1 GAME UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE WHEN SEGA REALISED THAT THE SIZE OF THE GAME WOULD MAKE THE CARTRIDGE 32 MEGABIT IN SIZE WITH NVRAM WOULD OF COST THEM WAY TOO MUCH SO THEY SPLIT THEM IN 2.

.FLYING BATTERY WAS ORIGINALLY GOING TO FOLLOW CARNIVAL NIGHT AND AT THE END OF FLYING BATTERY SONIC WAS GOING TO SMASH THROUGH THE DOOR OF THE FORTRESS LIKE HE DOES ANYWAY ONLY IN MID AIR GRAB IT AND USE IT AS A SNOWBOARD WHERE HE WOULD FALL INTO ICE CAP ZONE!

If you are a Sonic fan in general heres a link to SONIC THE HEDGEHOG MUSEUM -

http://www.theghz.com/index.php

Click on the MUSEUM header on the left where you will find a list of EVERY Sonic game released on EVERY format categorised into the years they were released. You can click on any game where you will find bags of info on every game!

Even though id played a few games on Spectrum 128k and a N.E.S round my mates my interest in them was mild. But Sonic The Hedgehog is responsible for me getting into games proper as in actually caring for them way back in 91 as a 7yr old punk ass.

If i hadnt seen that SEGA AGES advert with the mad scientist advertising Sonic 1 with the line ''TO BE THIS GOOD TAKES AGES'' i never would of took an interest PROPER. I never would of found or experienced games like Shining Force 2, Street Fighter 2, Donkey Kong Country, Nights Into Dreams, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Shining Force 3, Guardian Heroes, Mario 64, Ocarina Of Time, The early Resident Evil games and the Gran Turismo series, Abe's Odysee and many many more!

But most importantly i never would of found TOMB RAIDER and FINAL FANTASY!!!

So i ow Sega and Sonic big time. Thanks guys :jmp:

Boy you were lucky i couldn't even make it to the boss room of the last level after getting all 5 jewels though i saw a vid of the boss on youtube and he had nets that could send you out after 3 strikes and claws as well.

chakotay1
06-09-08, 16:08
I did manage to beat Sonic Spinball once in my life but as you say the game is as hard as hell! If you want to play it again it was realeased many times in Sonic compilation games for the GC and PS2 and I think it is on the Wii virtual Console.

Yes Sonic is the GREATEST character ever created! Nothing can beat him!

Sam The man I cant believe you went from playing Sonic to playing total :cen::cen::cen: that is Mario! Mario is the biggest load of :cen: ever created as is ALL Ninty games! Mario 64, Donkey Kong Country:cen: get a grip! How can you go from playing Sonic to playing crap like Mario 64!?:confused: Even Sega Saturn magazine took the crap out of that game saying Sonic Jam hammered it! As for Nights Into Dreams I cant understand why everyone raves on about that game! I bought a Saturn 2 years ago and a copy of that game and I thought it was TOTAL CRAP! It was totally pathetic!

Dia2blo
06-09-08, 17:05
I did manage to beat Sonic Spinball once in my life but as you say the game is as hard as hell! If you want to play it again it was realeased many times in Sonic compilation games for the GC and PS2 and I think it is on the Wii virtual Console.

Sam The man I cant believe you went from playing Sonic to playing total :cen::cen::cen: that is Mario! Mario is the biggest load of :cen: ever created as is ALL Ninty games! Mario 64, Donkey Kong Country:cen: get a grip! How can you go from playing Sonic to playing crap like Mario 64!?:confused: Even Sega Saturn magazine took the crap out of that game saying Sonic Jam hammered it! As for Nights Into Dreams I cant understand why everyone raves on about that game! I bought a Saturn 2 years ago and a copy of that game and I thought it was TOTAL CRAP! It was totally pathetic!

Wow. You know, people can like more than one game! I love nearly all sega games, and still buy and utterly complete the rubbish ones today. Yet i still have time to play xbox games like halo, the mario games, etc. i mean come on. Who doesn't love yoshi?

Angelus
06-09-08, 17:54

http://www.thefinancialhelpcenter.com/Galveston-Economy-Pics/Sign-RealityCheck.jpg