PDA

View Full Version : A concern about XBOX 360

robm_2007
07-09-08, 02:59
i want to buy an XBOX 360. im going to get an Arcade version. the only thing that i will use it for is to play games and watch DVDs and listen to CDs.

im not planning on downloading any games/movies/etc. off the internet from it, on to the 360.

so, should i just buy the arcade version, as i wont need the Hard drive just to save my game saves, right? i think that it comes with a 512 MB memory card.

is that big enough to store my game saves? im pretty sure that it should be.

thx for the inputs.

konichi-wa
07-09-08, 03:11
yeah, that should definitely be enough to store just game saves.

Lenochka
07-09-08, 03:55
Hmm, Arcade doesn't have the ability to play original Xbox games... plus it doesn't come with an Internet cord thing and it doesn't have much space on it if you ever decide to download demos (hint hint TR:U). I was planning on getting an arcade but then decided on the 20GB after weighing out what that version could do and what I really wanted out of the console. I believe the arcade is 279 or so at the moment, 20GB is only 299, 20 or so extra dollars for a lot more space and the whole being able to play old Xbox games is a bonus.

Death Mask
07-09-08, 05:19
The Arcade 360 is only $199, go for it.

Immortalis08
08-09-08, 01:36
I guess if you REALLY are planning just to store game saves it should be fine. However, I think in the long run you should just dish out an extra $100 (if you can afford it) and get the 60 GB Xbox 360. It never hurts to have more space available because if you decide to end up buying a hard drive later on (even if you think you aren't) it'll cost $100 for just 20 GB, when you could've easily gotten 60 GB just buying it all right then and there.

So unless you are ABSOLUTELY sure you will only use it for game saves, then by all means get the arcade version, but honestly, if there is even a small chance to plan to expand to online gameplay, and downloads, you will save more money in the long run by purchasing the 60 GB in my opinion.

Death Mask
08-09-08, 03:33
I agree with Immortalis08, The Arcade version has only 256 MB of storage, I’m pretty sure you will run out of storage space in a very short period of time, you also need to consider that the Arcade version does not include a Headset, a Network Cable, a HD AV Cable, and lacks backwards compatibly which plays over 300 Xbox 1 games, so if you can afford it you should purchase the 60 GB version, but don’t buy it used, older Xbox 360s are crap and have all kinds of technical problems, so stay away from those and get yourself one of the brand new models.

Mad Tony
08-09-08, 05:59
if you can afford it you should purchase the 60 GB version, but donít buy it used, older Xbox 360s are crap and have all kinds of technical problems, so stay away from those and get yourself one of the brand new models.That's a common misconception Not all old 360s have loads of technical problens. I got my first 360 back in mid 2006, and it only had one problem which was the three red rings over a year later, and all I had to do then was take it back and they gave me another. Since mid 2007 I've had the same 360 and it's worked perfectly.

tomobond875
08-09-08, 14:16
nope, get tother one. you cant store anything (practically) on a memory card. you really need a hard drive weather just for games or not. take it from me, i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEE my 360.