PDA

View Full Version : Command And Conquer

ssiscool
09-09-08, 10:35
Anyone here love this seires?

Absolutly amazing.

From the very start you could tell it would be a good series.

With Red Alert 3 on the horizen, it's time to dig out Red Alert and Red Alert 2.

Command And Conquer Renegade though is my fav at the moment with me being ranked the 124th best player out of 43,000+ players

Anyone play it?

Fish.
09-09-08, 11:11
I used to play Renegade, but totally sucked at it. :p I hardly ever play any PC games though, I play my Xbox 360 most often.

Mad Tony
09-09-08, 16:35
Great games. I think the old ones are the best. :)

jackali
09-09-08, 16:48
I liked Tiberian Dawn, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert, and Red Alert 2. So far I think that Red Alert 3 is shaping up rather nicely.

I didn't like Tiberium Wars, Renegade, Generals, and I know I won't like Tiberium.

Drone
09-09-08, 18:55
my favs are red alert 1, tiberian sun, firestorm and renegade.
I remember how I was playing them on my old pc on win98 :wve:

Cog
09-09-08, 19:00
Tiberian Sun, RA2 with Yuri's Revenge, and Renegade.

ssiscool
10-09-08, 11:34
I liked Tiberian Dawn, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert, and Red Alert 2. So far I think that Red Alert 3 is shaping up rather nicely.

I didn't like Tiberium Wars, Renegade, Generals, and I know I won't like Tiberium.

Might be a bit behind is that a new one due?

The first decade is so buggy i've lost faith in EA.

jackali
10-09-08, 12:28
Might be a bit behind is that a new one due?

The first decade is so buggy i've lost faith in EA.

It's the next C&C game coming out, after Red Alert 3, that is.

It's going to be an FPS, like Renegade was.

Mad Tony
10-09-08, 13:32
The First Decade is so buggy i've lost faith in EA.I've got the first decade and I haven't had any problems with it :confused:

ssiscool
10-09-08, 15:27
It's only on certain games. most noticeable is Tiberian Dawn. Like moving a unit to the top of the map in later missions. (I found this out in the GDI mission 9)

Most games it's okay. Tiberian Sun onwards i've not had trouble.

Jackall: awesome. give me a reason to update my pc and finaly get Tibeiran Wars and Kanes Wrath.

Alot of Tiberian in the titles lol.

Drone
10-09-08, 15:31
It's going to be an FPS, like Renegade was.

and title is just tiberium? Is commando main character again?
I haven't heard about this game

Cog
10-09-08, 15:41
and title is just tiberium? Is commando main character again?
I haven't heard about this game

Nah, it'll be some tactical squad-based game or something. Has an article in the wiki.

Drone
10-09-08, 15:53
Nah, it'll be some tactical squad-based game or something. Has an article in the wiki.

aaargh so just like Mobile Forces. It'd could be better than this.

I'd like to have FPS based on Red Alert. So many cool characters are there.
Tanya for example.

ssiscool
10-09-08, 18:27
and fps in RA would be excelent. Or RA2. Imagine seeing a kirov coming over!

Sir Croft
10-09-08, 18:53
Tiberian Sun is my favorite! And Tiberium Wars was awesome, I'm looking forward for the next one! :D

Cog
10-09-08, 19:29
I would sh*t royal bricks after hearing "Kirov reporting" in the distance.

jackali
10-09-08, 19:37

Now... I'd like that. But I wouldn't like the rest of the game really.

I mean... I'm not into FPSs as it is, but I think that they sort of ruin the C&C series with 1st person view. C&C is about strategy, but Renegade wasn't, and Tiberium won't be, about strategy. It takes away the entire ethos of the game, and reduces it to a basic shoot 'em up.

MrBear
10-09-08, 23:02
Red Alert 3? Hadn't heard about it until now! Hmm.. I just had a glance at their website, I'm not sure I like the game footage of the different units.. But introducing a 3rd faction is definitely welcome...

A question: I clicked the Preorder button to check which versions they were releasing to, and only found PC and Xbox360 - no PS3, or is it coming later?

jackali
10-09-08, 23:29
As far as I know, no PS3.

ssiscool
11-09-08, 08:39
I see what you mean about no stratagy in Rene, With Tiberian Dawn, you have to out-manouver your oponent and gain the upper hand.

Although a cool trick is to build sandbags into the enemy base and block them in! they can't crush sandbags!

Especally usefull near the end missions.

Muhammad
11-11-08, 12:51
I would sh*t royal bricks after hearing "Kirov reporting" in the distance.
Seconded, "Kirov Reporting" in RA2 used to cause cataclysmic "Mindf***"s for me back in the day.

Sir Croft
11-11-08, 13:27
I absolutely love the series! :D
I'm playing RA3 now, it's really good. Quite odd to have a third faction again, but it was expected to happen.

Muhammad
12-11-08, 09:49
The Empire is my favorite faction in that game at the moment :D
Although I'm a long time Allies fan (Since 1996).

Admles
13-11-08, 01:17
I'm actually playing C&C: Red Alert 3 now, it's awesome, but too easy.

Finished the Allied Campaign and the Russian Campaign in two days, now working on the Japs.

Shauni
13-11-08, 04:37
Who has played Red Alert 3? I just got it and trying to resist playing it until Christmas day xD

Admles
13-11-08, 10:10
Who has played Red Alert 3? I just got it and trying to resist playing it until Christmas day xD
See my previous post :p

Necromanser
14-11-08, 02:19
Don't you think that RA3 is turning into a boobfest?As soon as I got the game I thought it would be as awesome as the previous ones but good god did it suck.The units were inbalanced,the storyline was tacky and I know it has nothing to do with the gameplay but the props looked really toylike *cough*Tanyas pistols*cough*.

Admles
14-11-08, 02:24
Sex sells. It's a fact of life. Games will always use it just as much as movies and TV shows.

I enjoyed the game, but the japanese units sucked.

Muhammad
14-11-08, 14:10
Don't you think that RA3 is turning into a boobfest?
It all started with Yuri's Revenge.
As soon as I got the game I thought it would be as awesome as the previous ones but good god did it suck.The units were inbalanced,the storyline was tacky and I know it has nothing to do with the gameplay but the props looked really toylike *cough*Tanyas pistols*cough*.
You've just described RA2 perfectly. I'm a big fan of that game and its sequel. :)
I enjoyed the game, but the japanese units sucked.
The Japanese strongest point is naval warfare, for you see unlike Starcraft, CnC3 etc, RA3 focuses so much on naval battles.
Also a bit of micro-managing and "transforming" should do the trick.