PDA

View Full Version : Cex

Orionvalentine
10-09-08, 11:34
So I went to Computer Exchange the other day with a few games, some of them only a few weeks old. I wanted a cash exchange, they said that I was eligible for 50 something pounds. THEN they dropped the bombshell, they were waiting for newer games to trade in for cash and they were not going to give me money for my games! How rude is that!?

Anybody else had this problem?

disneyprincess20
10-09-08, 11:35
I'm not sure I understand, they won't give you money for your games because they're too old?

Orionvalentine
10-09-08, 12:10
Yeah it's something like that, they were apparently waiting for people to bring in Mercenaries 2 to trade in. I mean really, a game that came out two days ago...

I'm going to try next week, if it happens again I will be severely annoyed.

disneyprincess20
10-09-08, 13:41
That's really bad! I'd tell the manager about that (unless you were served by the manager!) Or find somewhere else to trade games. Is there a gamestation near you?

Naomichi
10-09-08, 13:55
The directive to do that almost certainly came down from the manager, and ultimately I guess it's their perogative whether they buy something or not. It sucks but I guess they only have a limited cash stock and to maximise their earnings they themselves will try to spend that on things that will more likely sell.

Voni
10-09-08, 14:12
Wasn't a ginger guy who served you was it? I know a guy who works in the Brum branch, I'll gladly give him a 'talking to' for you! :D

Seriously though, it is the manager's choice whether they take the games or not. In my experience, you get very little cash for what you trade in anyway. Better off selling it all on Ebay.

Orionvalentine
10-09-08, 14:28
CEX is the only place by me that actually gives a decent amount of cash for trade ins, in Gamestation I'd probably only get like 12 pound.

Voni as if you know the ginger guy, but no, it was an asian dude.

disneyprincess20
10-09-08, 14:32
Harsh. Guess I'll keep my old games then!

Voni
10-09-08, 14:33
Voni as if you know the ginger guy, but no, it was an asian dude.

How rude, I do know him! His name is Nick, he's my friend :D.

I didn't know they gave better deals on trade ins. Hmm.

silver_wolf
10-09-08, 22:15
:vlol: I seriously thought this was about some new cyber-sex video game! Cex! :vlol:

Orionvalentine
11-09-08, 07:55
:vlol: I seriously thought this was about some new cyber-sex video game! Cex! :vlol:

LOL! "Cex, the sex game where it's player tailored to YOUR liking...;)"