PDA

View Full Version : Question about Mercinaries 2

Gladous
12-09-08, 00:34
I'm thinking about get it for my birthday (September 27) and I want to know if it is any good. BTW if I get it who would like to play it online (Xbox 360)?

Lara.Jolie7
12-09-08, 04:22
I'll play it tomorrow for Ps2

I read a review who sayd the game have a lot of bugs
but
I dunno

Alex Fly
12-09-08, 10:04
I started the game yesterday (PC version), I really enjoy it. I have hesitated to buy it because in the reviews it was said it's really good but a little bit glitchy, that the enemies have a bad IA, and graphically it could have been better.
So graphically, yes it could have been a lot better but it's far to be ugly. I haven't seen a glitch yet. And about the IA, it's not that bad.

The most important is that the fun factor is here, and for me it's definitely here. :tmb:

thanatos
12-09-08, 11:53
I'll play it tomorrow for Ps2

I read a review who sayd the game have a lot of bugs
but
I dunno

Hope you haven't already paid for it: http://www.gamesradar.com/f/mercenaries-2-on-ps2-how-bad-is-it/a-2008090514490596020

Alex Fly
12-09-08, 12:40
^ Yeah, apparently the PS2 version is very bad.

crux2
12-09-08, 17:44
I've been playing it for a few days now on the 360 and can honestly say I'm not dissapointed. Graphics arent top-end, but then its not a big budget game. AI isnt exceptional, but considering its basically GTA in a warzone they dont really need to be. I've seen a few bugs/glitches but nothing that makes the game unplayable or unenjoyable that I've found so far.

The IGN review is pretty solid. Mercs2 is nothing groundbreaking, its not a "must have" game but it is a lot of fun if you like dropping bunker-busters and blowing crap up with tanks. Buy GTA for ferrari's & lamborgini's, buy mercs 2 for Abrams and Hind gunships. I'm waiting for all the cool stuff thats coming out in autumn/winter and Mercs2 is how I'm passing the time, now all I need is a co-op buddy...

Lara.Jolie7
13-09-08, 05:52
Already have it
Didn't pay nothing

I not have time to play today

And the video
Omg
The pop up thing

U see something then a wall appears from nowhere?
Wth! Didn't they played the game before release?

Well. The pop up thing is just ridiculous but let me see if is nice to play...
Im the kinda of guy who paid a lot of money to the Catwoman Movie game xD

But at least I have so many games to finish...
Beyond Good And Evil
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Obscure 2
Fatal Frame 1 , 2 and 3
And a lot more.

Hope I can enjoy few minutes of this game :/

Alex Fly
13-09-08, 09:43
^ Wow that sounds awful. I don't have these problems in my PC version.

To Gladous : Just to let you know the demo has just been released so I highly recommand you to try it, as it will give you a better advice on the game. ;)

Gladous
13-09-08, 11:54
^ Wow that sounds awful. I don't have these problems in my PC version.

To Gladous : Just to let you know the demo has just been released so I highly recommand you to try it, as it will give you a better advice on the game. ;)

Thank you Alex. :hug: I've been dying to play the demo! :yah:

Alex Fly
13-09-08, 11:58
You're welcome. :hug:

Hope you'll like it. :)

Gladous
13-09-08, 20:57
Ummm there is no demo?! :hea:

Alex Fly
14-09-08, 09:55
For the Xbox360 users, they said it is available on the Marketplace since friday, but yes apparently there's a problem and the demo isn't out yet. :confused:

For the PS3 users, it will be released the 18th. Maybe the Xbox360 demo will be out the same day than the PS3 one ?

Gladous
14-09-08, 12:44
I hope so. My brother just told my mom not to get it for my birthday. He showed me all the these reviews and they said there were SO many glitches and bugs. Well look at TRAoD. :whi:

Alex Fly
14-09-08, 13:07
It's very different from AOD. :ohn:

I really like this game and I still haven't found any glitch yet (I'm actually at around 35% of completition of the game). :)

Gladous
14-09-08, 13:30
Ha yeah I know they are different. I don't know now. I keep telling my brother to get me it and he is like, "No, stick to getting Soul Calibur 4 and Tomb Raider Underworld." :confused:

fanoflaracroft
14-09-08, 14:38
Mercenaries rules:jmp:I enjoy destroying and killing in most terrible ways:mis:

dizzydoil
14-09-08, 17:23
:yik: It's so fun. :p

Alex Fly
14-09-08, 17:30
I'm actually at 43% of completition. This game is fun, fun, fun ! :jmp:

jjbennett
14-09-08, 18:32
PS3 versions been absolutely slated on the net.