PDA

View Full Version : The perfect movie game

silver_wolf
12-09-08, 21:38
Every time a blockbuster movie is released it almost always get's a cruddy game to go with it. Why can't they get it right? Lots of movies have the potential to make incredible games. What movie-game would you want to see and how would you make it not suck?

Predator
This game would be fully online. Set on a tropical island, it would be a completely open world. Players would start by choosing whether they want to be human or a Predator. Once their race was chosen , they could then customize with abilities, class, appearance, and such. They would then be dropped off on the island. Once there they could make a "base"; humans would set up a camp, predators would make a tree-top hideout. Bases could be anywhere on the island, and would be a place to restock, meet with allies, or drop off your collected heads to get points. Predators would gain points by making kills without being seen,etc, while humans would gain points for killing predators, surviving each day, etc. The game would feature a dynamic night and day and weather cycle. Predators could travel quickly in the trees, while humans have to stick to the ground. Bases can be attacked by the enemy, and traps can be set for defense. Humans would have a first person pov, predators would be third person.
War of the Worlds
A first person shooter/survival game set in a massive open world. Players would travel through destroyed cities and country side, meeting survivors and playing missions to survive, all the while being hunted by tripods. It could have a central story that needs to be finished to complete the game, but players can abandon it for as long as they want to pursue side missions, like Oblivion. Tripods would be the big baddies, unable to be killed and pursuing you through the game. There would also be killable enemies, such as the aliens (they could invent some variations), roaming bandits, and fanatical cults "helping" the aliens. There would be "chase encounters", in which you are attacked by tripods and need to escape, and "stealth encounters", where you would need to avoid detection from scouting aliens. Players caught by tripods could escape by blowing it up, or waiting until they are brought to "collection camps". Players could also join the military and help attack the tripods.

Agent 47
12-09-08, 22:25
damn you!! a thread where i have to think about this :mad: :D

Highlander (original film

the game would follow the plot of the 1986 film and be 3rd person action/adventure. you the player control Connor MaCleod of the clan MaCleod born on the shores of Loch Shiel. you begin in medieval Scotland battling enemies from rival clans and the boss battle at this stage is Kurgan.

to spice things up more sub bosses are added in this time period. the game will also use RPG style power up mechanics such as xp, these can be used to upgrade stamina,health and your Claymore sword.

next area would feature gunplay and be set during WWII Germany, objective here is to find and protect a young girl named Rachel who is homeless and trying to flee hoards of German troops.

next phase New York modern day. again you take down enemies and their henchmen and fellow immortals culminating in the final battle with Kurgan :D

during each established time period you also have sub missions whereby you have to find priceless artifacts, as Nash/MaCleod is an art dealer.

no one has ever known we were among you until now.....

game also features music by Queen :jmp:
multiplatform title with dlc as standard.
weapons include those of the time period, plus the famous Ramierez Katana sword

silver_wolf
12-09-08, 23:52
cool! :tmb: isn't there a highlander game coming out some time?

Tonyrobinson
12-09-08, 23:59
Grand theft Auto needs a movie remake based on the games. It'd have potential..

Sex,drugs and rock 'n' roll

edit: wrong way round lol

Aphrodite22
13-09-08, 00:05
Resident Evil: Extinction

3rd person next gen game, Alice as main the character :) .. not gory

cant think of any other

tranniversary119
13-09-08, 00:46
Tomb Raider- The movies never really followed the games, so I'd like to see something true to the original.

silver_wolf
13-09-08, 01:00
tomb raider is already a game...

Agent 47
13-09-08, 01:16
cool! :tmb: isn't there a highlander game coming out some time?

yes that's true, however it is not canon with the film or tv series. it uses a made up Owen MaCleod :(

mine is the real deal :jmp:

i like your ideas too

oocladableeblah
13-09-08, 01:21
hmm Kill Bill :D idk all the movies I can think of were already turned into games.

MyRaider4Life
13-09-08, 02:34

I think He/She means make one of the movies into a game

tranniversary119
13-09-08, 02:58

Woops read everything wrong, I'm tired :p

EmeraldFields
13-09-08, 03:12
This would be the best game ever!

http://i38.************/swuulj.jpg

:vlol:

dizzydoil
13-09-08, 03:14
War of the Worlds
A first person shooter/survival game set in a massive open world. Players would travel through destroyed cities and country side, meeting survivors and playing missions to survive, all the while being hunted by tripods. It could have a central story that needs to be finished to complete the game, but players can abandon it for as long as they want to pursue side missions, like Oblivion. Tripods would be the big baddies, unable to be killed and pursuing you through the game. There would also be killable enemies, such as the aliens (they could invent some variations), roaming bandits, and fanatical cults "helping" the aliens. There would be "chase encounters", in which you are attacked by tripods and need to escape, and "stealth encounters", where you would need to avoid detection from scouting aliens. Players caught by tripods could escape by blowing it up, or waiting until they are brought to "collection camps". Players could also join the military and help attack the tripods.

I wanty I wanty!! :tmb:

silver_wolf
13-09-08, 04:25
so do I!

marla_singer
13-09-08, 19:42
Predator
This game would be fully online. Set on a tropical island, it would be a completely open world. Players would start by choosing whether they want to be human or a Predator. Once their race was chosen , they could then customize with abilities, class, appearance, and such. They would then be dropped off on the island. Once there they could make a "base"; humans would set up a camp, predators would make a tree-top hideout. Bases could be anywhere on the island, and would be a place to restock, meet with allies, or drop off your collected heads to get points. Predators would gain points by making kills without being seen,etc, while humans would gain points for killing predators, surviving each day, etc. The game would feature a dynamic night and day and weather cycle. Predators could travel quickly in the trees, while humans have to stick to the ground. Bases can be attacked by the enemy, and traps can be set for defense. Humans would have a first person pov, predators would be third person.

I love this idea :tmb:

Though I'd prefer it if the player had a choice of whether to play online or not, coz' I don't play online that much :p