PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania Order of Ecclesia

kthnxbai
13-09-08, 15:52
New castlevania game!

It's coming out on Nintendo DS on October 21st, so not too much longer to go.

It looks an awful lot like the originals

I just made this thread for anyone who would like to talk about it

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/196/945837_20080715_screen013.jpg

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/image/945837.html more info here

:D

viper456
13-09-08, 17:12
I haven't been following this very well but I will definitely be getting it! (plus; female protagonist soo W00T! :)!) Will keep me occupied over my holiday.

kthnxbai
13-09-08, 17:22
Same thing with me

It hasn't been very well publicised if you ask me...

I only found out about it about a month ago.

It looks amazing... Proper unadulterated side scrolling action baby..

The music from the original used to help me sleep when I was a child...

hehe

viper456
13-09-08, 17:26
I really enjoyed the last one too on the DS. (2 characters, 1 male one female) can't think of the name of it. Completed that one the whole way through. :D

kthnxbai
13-09-08, 17:29
Moldy cow I didn't know there was another DS version already

We get crap all here it's really unfair

viper456
13-09-08, 17:40
There are 2 already :p haha

http://uk.ds.ign.com/objects/695/695639.html

and

http://uk.ds.ign.com/objects/774/774649.html (which is my personal favourite)

kthnxbai
13-09-08, 17:43
hmmmm....guess I'll have to get them ordered or something

we never get good DS games over here...

Thanks

Dia2blo
14-09-08, 14:25
Wooh! I can't wait for this game! I think im probably the only person who prefers portrait of ruin over dawn of sorrow though :S

viper456
14-09-08, 17:53
Wooh! I can't wait for this game! I think im probably the only person who prefers portrait of ruin over dawn of sorrow though :S

You're not! I love that one too. :p

Dia2blo
14-09-08, 21:26
You're not! I love that one too. :p

Yay! It's actually my favourite! The music is so much funkier than most other castlevania games :P

TripOpt55
16-09-08, 05:16
This game looks great. I've played both of the DS ones though I never finished them. This one looks cool. I like the more outdoor environments and the female protagonist. Also, better art-style than last two. My brother will get this and I'll definately play it when he's done.

Dia2blo
12-02-09, 23:51
I hate to ressurect dead threads, but it saves making a new one. Anyways, i got this game the other day, as it only just came out, and i have to say- its BRILLIANT! One of the toughest yet most rewarding Castlevania games i've played, the varied locations add a lot to the game, it makes me want to keep going, even when i'm stuck on one of the bosses.

This is my favourite soundtrack too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRN4R1QR8v4 Awsomage!

So, now it's out, what do you guys think?

viper456
12-02-09, 23:53
I completed it on holiday in October lol. It was an amazing entry to the series :)!

Dia2blo
13-02-09, 00:12
Damn! October! It literally only just came out over here :p i'm struggling to finish it though, which is odd as i have finished most of the CVs :/

voltz
13-02-09, 00:16
I'm kinda kicking myself over this for buying it and not even taking the plastic off due to time constraints.

Dia2blo
13-02-09, 00:21
i'm kinda kicking myself over this for buying it and not even taking the plastic off due to time constraints.

do it :o

viper456
13-02-09, 00:53
Damn! October! It literally only just came out over here :p i'm struggling to finish it though, which is odd as i have finished most of the CVs :/

lol im in the same place as you :p! But I was in the US at the time!

GenyaArikado
13-02-09, 11:21
Besides me, who have finished the game

viper456
13-02-09, 11:41
Besides me, who have finished the game

:wve: moi!

GenyaArikado
13-02-09, 12:56
Didnt you loved the ending, it was beautiful (and sad)

*Spoilers*Smile for Me, that will be enough *Spoilers*

Dia2blo
13-02-09, 22:14
Gah i am so tempted to highlight that text :O i'm currently stuck against that sand shark/ fish. any suggestions? i tried using a combo of swords, or vol lightning or whatever, but nope :/ i think im about level 26 too.

GenyaArikado
13-02-09, 22:32
Gah i am so tempted to highlight that text :O i'm currently stuck against that sand shark/ fish. any suggestions? i tried using a combo of swords, or vol lightning or whatever, but nope :/ i think im about level 26 too.

Dont is something too spoiler but is a dialogue of the ending
If you are in Gravedorcus boss fight: I recomend Vol Grando, Vol Scutum and Sapiens Fio

Dia2blo
13-02-09, 22:50
Dont is something too spoiler but is a dialogue of the ending
If you are in Gravedorcus boss fight: I recomend Vol Grando, Vol Scutum and Sapiens Fio

I will have a look if i have those and give it a go. Oh also, not to be annoying ( i know i could use a walktrhough :p) but theres this ledge where i keep getting blown off but a glyph i want. I equipped the tower ring but i still get blown off. any ideas?

GenyaArikado
14-02-09, 00:02
I will have a look if i have those and give it a go. Oh also, not to be annoying ( i know i could use a walktrhough :p) but theres this ledge where i keep getting blown off but a glyph i want. I equipped the tower ring but i still get blown off. any ideas?

can be more specific

Dia2blo
14-02-09, 00:27
can be more specific

Ok, the platform is in the bit on the map of the Tymeo Mountains that branches off and leads up. You have to use magna to reach it, but when you try to absord the glyph the wind blows you off.

Btw i officially LOVE you! I beat the fish!! ::D:D:D:D:D

GenyaArikado
14-02-09, 14:55
I recomend wait to the last stage and get the Hanged Man ring (makes you recover faster of falls)
Unrelated but let me tease you a little
When you kill Gravedorcus you have completed almost the half of the game
In the next 2 stages, the truth behind the Ecclesia organization will be revealed
Sorry if I can help you a lot, I have chickenpox

Immortalis08
15-02-09, 04:33
I'm starting to become interested in this game and it looks amazing. The only thing that worries me is that I've constantly heard the boss battles are punishing to an insane degree. Is it really that hard? :o

Dia2blo
15-02-09, 14:01
I'm starting to become interested in this game and it looks amazing. The only thing that worries me is that I've constantly heard the boss battles are punishing to an insane degree. Is it really that hard? :o

Well i've noticed theres always a specific way to beat them, so if you figure out the pattern, they die pretty easily. Its also very rewarding :D