PDA

View Full Version : Being Grabbed by Enemies.

TRexbait
13-09-08, 21:22
Did any of you guys like that feature In TRA. Would you mind if it made a return in future games, like TRU?

I liked the idea, it ade the game feel more realistic. In the classics, when the animals bit lara, nothing happend. Then we get to see her struggle to get out of its jaws.

DA MAIN MAN
13-09-08, 21:26
I have to admit I didnt like it. Didnt like the whole hassle of arrow pressing to free yourself, etc.

But thats just me:wve:

matrix54
13-09-08, 21:34
i didn;t get bit that much(but thats just me), but I do like it!

Sicely
13-09-08, 21:45
Even though it could be annoying, i liked it. It was indeed more realistic than just running around the enemies without ever really 'interacting'.

Nitro Typhoon
13-09-08, 21:46
Hated it. Get rid of it.

tranniversary119
13-09-08, 21:46
So annoying, maybe mercenaries that hold you and the other one goes over and kicks you while he holds you?

*PH*
13-09-08, 21:48
i liked it and it didnt happen often
maybe till today 15 times

nickless
13-09-08, 21:50
i dunno.i don't want it.i play with a gamepad and it'll be kinda hard to relese yourself.cuz i control lara's movements with a stick and it's not so comfortable when bitten.

TRexbait
13-09-08, 21:51
Perhaps a moderator could make this a poll. How could that be done?

Scott x
13-09-08, 21:53
that was so stupid

God Horus
13-09-08, 21:53
I would love it if tigers grabbed Lara and sunk their teeth into her legs and you need to shake the analog stick or something to make her shoot them! :jmp:

TRexbait
13-09-08, 21:55
^Like that, or if the sharks grabbed you underwater, and then the blood would spread and itwouldattract more sharks...

Jordan_Boi
13-09-08, 22:14
Yes and no. I didn't like the idea of using arrows. Why not let the player choose how they escape? Shake free by spinning the analog stick/cursor keys. Get a pistol out and aim manually, then fire in a "weak" spot to make them let go. Or perhaps just a kick or a smack with the grapple? Really, shaking free in Anniversary was annoying and quite boring.

fanoflaracroft
13-09-08, 22:14
And i would like to see how Laras boddy parts are riped off her body when they bite her.And then she will be in agonising pain untill she dies.

Jordan_Boi
13-09-08, 22:18
And i would like to see how Laras boddy parts are riped off her body when they bite her.And then she will be in agonising pain untill she dies.

:vlol: Never gonna happen. The day CD's TR games become 18+ will be when pigs fly. :p

Angelus
13-09-08, 22:18
It's a good idea, but was poorly implemented. The animation was terrible for it, and all you had to do was wiggle the analogue stick a bit. If it is included in Underworld, then we should have to shoot the enemy in the head or something with Lara's free arm to let her break free.

Anarae
13-09-08, 22:22
It's a good idea, but was poorly implemented. The animation was terrible for it, and all you had to do was wiggle the analogue stick a bit. If it is included in Underworld, then we should have to shoot the enemy in the head or something with Lara's free arm to let her break free.

If they make a head shot option, then players will purposely get grabbed to execute enemies faster. I never finished AE, so I never experienced the grab feature being discussed, but it sounds like a bad idea. I stopped playing at the end of Folly because I got bored to tears.

just*raidin*tomb
13-09-08, 22:26
I liked it. I guess depends on what you play it on. Because on PS2 you just shook the analog stick back and forth. On the PC I would imagine it not being so much fun.

I'm sure that if something like this is in Underworld you would probably have to use melee to free youself. A good old wack on the head should do the trick.

Jordan_Boi
13-09-08, 22:26
If they make a head shot option, then players will purposely get grabbed to execute enemies faster. I never finished AE, so I never experienced the grab feature being discussed, but it sounds like a bad idea. I stopped playing at the end of Folly because I got bored to tears.

I kinda like Angelus' idea there, but you're right about people getting grabbed purposely. Hm... How about making the screen shake all over the place to make it harder to aim? And for those who don't like aiming, they can just simply boot the creature until it lets go?

Angelus
13-09-08, 22:29
You'd lose a lot of health, plus the enemy would probably damage Lara before they grab her, so it would most likely make the player lose more health by waiting for an enemy to grab Lara.

Larapink
13-09-08, 22:57
I hated it, when my first time of playing Anniversary I hated it when the enemies would never let go. :mad:

Strangly enough, I never had that in Legend.:confused:

silver_wolf
13-09-08, 23:01
it didn't happen in Legend. I liked it, even though it hardly ever happened. If a lion knocks you down he's not going to wait for you to get up, he'll tear your throat out!

CatyCroft
13-09-08, 23:07
It looks more realistic, yes. But I dont like it :mad:

oocladableeblah
13-09-08, 23:10
I like the idea. It would be cool for ps3 you would shake the controller to release yourself.

ben croft
13-09-08, 23:11
The idea is cool, but Crystal Dynamics always turn good things into bad things.

:D

Woop Legend!
13-09-08, 23:19
The idea is cool, but Crystal Dynamics always turn good things into bad things.

Hahah that is funny, but somewhat true!

dizzydoil
13-09-08, 23:23
If Lara was too be grabbed by enemies, I'd react as I do with men hitting women. Shooting at them, 'in the game world' is ok.. but if it's aggresive (not fighter games) I'd rip and bully his game character untill he virtually died. I just hate the idea. :D

If it was animals on the other hand, I'd love for us to be able to be 'un-grabbed' both been able to hurt the animal and not.. for those who will enjoy the 'put them to sleep .. aww' gun. :p

fanoflaracroft
13-09-08, 23:32
That is actualy a bad idea. If a real animal grabs you like that i doubt you'll be able to ride any tombs.

LaraCablara
13-09-08, 23:35
Im confused, what arrow keys :confused:.

On the Ps2 you just shake the analog.

Tomb_of_Darkns
13-09-08, 23:43
^^ i'm guessing they are talking about the PC version ;)

fanoflaracroft
13-09-08, 23:52
Im confused, what arrow keys :confused:.

On the Ps2 you just shake the analog.

Well the arrow keys are the keys with arrows on them on the keyboard of a pc.

larafan25
14-09-08, 00:08
it's really good to make the game more realistic and is a cool feature,no doubt something described like that will return in underworld:)

Crayons
14-09-08, 00:16
It was really weird in TRA. :confused:
It looked like she was just putting her arm in the wolves mouths.

fanoflaracroft
14-09-08, 00:18
It was really weird in TRA. :confused:
It looked like she was just putting her arm in the wolves mouths.
It looked pretty stupid actualy. Not like it is in God of war.

silver_wolf
14-09-08, 01:03
yeah. needs better animation.

ben croft
14-09-08, 04:42
It looked pretty stupid actualy. Not like it is in God of war.

Every feature TR has, God of War does it better:
- turned into stone looked better in God of War
- being grabbed by enemies too
- when in low health, heartbeat was better

Tombraiderx08
14-09-08, 05:37
I have to admit I didnt like it. Didnt like the whole hassle of arrow pressing to free yourself, etc.

But thats just me:wve: get yourself a ps2 then >.< lol, id like to see it and other different moves return, like the flipping after swan diving like in tr3 i loved that id love to see that return! :D

Delamo1999
14-09-08, 06:52
I am pretty good at defeating Lara's enemies so I did not mind that sometimes the enemies would grab at Lara. I use a gamepad so it is easy for me to move the left joystick left and right to free her while immediately making her dodge/jump and shoot.

The part where this happened was in the Colliseum where Lara had to fight the gorillas and the lions at the same time. Also at the end of Sanctuary of the Scion where she had to fight off the cat mummies and the centeurs.

So with this, I say to keep this.

:)

rowanlim
14-09-08, 07:24
Hm...I wouldn't mind that feature, as long as I can keep calm & not scream my lungs out! :D :tmb:

Tombraiderx08
14-09-08, 07:34
yeah the animation was still a bit iffy, they could of done better, especially the crocs sometimes it looked incredibly fake :(

navinloveslara
14-09-08, 10:37
I liked it, but I think instead of having set buttons you need to press, they should just let you shake the joystick (or the controller, in the PS3's case:jmp:) to get free.

If they had set buttons, I'd expect a more..glamorous escape, such as Lara twisting herself behind the wolf's neck and snapping it, for example:D.

Lara Croft!
14-09-08, 11:07
I don't like the idea of being held, neither by animals, nor by people. It's one thing to want the game to be realistic and another to make it frustrating.

JoeyEdinburgh
14-09-08, 12:51
I cant believe people didnt like this feature. I think it was fantastic. Someone mentioned the shaking of the ps3 pad instead of button pushes.... great idea. I freak out at the underwater enemies, now he idea of the shark biting Lara and chomping down on her leg terrifies me, but in a good way. I sooooo hope this feature is in Underworld... and if u dont like it, hey, dont get bitten lol. I remember in TR2 when the Yeti grabbed lara and smacked her off the ground, instant death. Didnt happen very often but it was wicked stuff. Some more original deaths would be gr8.

cardmonster
14-09-08, 15:15
I thought it was a terrible feature. Shaking the pad and less jerky animation might help, but I'm not at all fond of the concept - it's just frustrating.

Kento
14-09-08, 15:19
I hated it :hea:, but i loved it :cln: :tea:

MiCkiZ88
14-09-08, 15:22
I loved it. It did make the game more challenging imo.

MichaelK@NK
14-09-08, 15:22
I would love that to come back in TRU. Lara getting pinned down by tigers etc. They trample here, bite her, things like that. Poachers grabbing her by the arm or something and throwing her against a wall. That'd be awesome! I'd like CD to put this into consideration once again. :):jmp:

Lara Croft!
14-09-08, 15:32
I hated it :hea:, but i loved it :cln: :tea:

That cleared everything!:D

Kento
14-09-08, 15:48
That cleared everything!:D

hehehe It was frustating sometimes ,but realistic and funny at the same time.

EmeraldFields
14-09-08, 15:52
I didn't like it.:wve:

*laralover*
14-09-08, 17:18
It was pretty cool to watch but it was pretty boring to do they could have gave different buttons to press. I dont think i even got grabbed by many enemies anyway i purposly let a crocodile attack me to see what it was like :p

AmericanAssassin
14-09-08, 17:34
It was an odd feature that was used at odd moments. If TRU would tweak it just a bit, it might be okay. ;)

KIKO
14-09-08, 18:35
What's to complain about being grabbed by enemies ? Can't see what the problem is. They grab you like a wolf would grab your arm if you'd offer it ;)
I don't think this is really something important, just a feature :p

Czykieta
14-09-08, 19:01
So annoying, maybe mercenaries that hold you and the other one goes over and kicks you while he holds you?
I actually like the idea of that & the interaction with the other enemies too. Nice touch in my opinion:ton:

Not As We
14-09-08, 19:01
I didnt really like it,

it was pretty glitchy, sometimes the wolf would be to the left of Lara and she'd still animate as if it were in front of her,

and even when the wolf was in the correct place, the animations looked pretty ropey too =/

If they smooth it out a little for TRU then it could make a nice feature,

it would be awesome if the Sharks could drag Lara under the water

Borges
14-09-08, 19:11
I suppose in terms of realism it makes sense that non-human enemies would use their jaws as a weapon - the trick is shooting them before they get the chance. :D

Only TR lover
14-09-08, 20:05
I guess that feature will be present in TRU. Spiders in game play footage grabbed Lara very often.

No_more_bullets
14-09-08, 20:13
I love it.

It added something to the combat, tru should feature similar gameplay.

Theres no reason to get rid of it because with me at least, it very rarely happened, in fact enemies only grabbed me when i stood still. So i can't see how it would have even a viable chance of annoying people when it rarely even occurred.

KEEP IT!

TRexbait
14-09-08, 23:43
Yes and no. I didn't like the idea of using arrows. Why not let the player choose how they escape? Shake free by spinning the analog stick/cursor keys. Get a pistol out and aim manually, then fire in a "weak" spot to make them let go. Or perhaps just a kick or a smack with the grapple? Really, shaking free in Anniversary was annoying and quite boring.That raises a good point. It would be nearly impossible to free yourself by just shaking. Maybe CD could impliment other ways of releasing yourself.

I like the idea. It would be cool for ps3 you would shake the controller to release yourself.Thant youd make it more interactive. More movement, more stress. I like it. :mis:

yeah the animation was still a bit iffy, they could of done better, especially the crocs sometimes it looked incredibly fake :(The cocodile one annoyed me as well. And the fact that they never went into a death roll was a bit strange. I liked the idea, but yeah, the animations need to be better, and different enemies should do different things when they grab lara, llike a death roll (for the crocs) or something.

I didnt really like it,

it was pretty glitchy, sometimes the wolf would be to the left of Lara and she'd still animate as if it were in front of her,

and even when the wolf was in the correct place, the animations looked pretty ropey too =/

If they smooth it out a little for TRU then it could make a nice feature,

it would be awesome if the Sharks could drag Lara under the water

:DYeah, another good point, the enemies don't move once they have lara. The crocodiles in TRA just bit her at the surface, aren't they supposed to drag her down, out of her element?

lararoxs
14-09-08, 23:53
I dont really like it, but thats probably just becase I never really got bitten, I had already blasted 'em before they got too close;)

So if its in TR:U and is an occasional thing then yes please.
If it happens every second then no thanks:):wve:

Encore
16-09-08, 01:17
It's not something important enough for me to truly "hate" but being grabbed and falling down during combat really takes away a lot of the experience, so to speak. It kinda kills the rythm of the battle. I really don't like any of it.

**** realism!

Tombraiderx08
16-09-08, 01:27
well maybe if they grab one arm you can fire with the other one >.<

Kento
16-09-08, 02:45
well maybe if they grab one arm you can fire with the other one >.<

That would be great ! :cln:

aussie500
16-09-08, 04:47
Please continue discussion in the poll thread.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=134215