PDA

View Full Version : Taking music from PS3 to PSP. Possible?

touchthesky
14-09-08, 10:23
My disc drive on the computer is broken, so we are getting an external drive in a few weeks.

I have transfered all the music I want from my old MP3 to my PSP but I have new cd's I want putting onto it...is it possible to put the CD into the PS3 then save them onto the PSP?

If not is there any other way I can get music onto the psp without;

illegal downloads.
legal downloads.
a cd drive.
?

spikejones
14-09-08, 18:42
so you dont want even a LEGAL download?

hmm... dont those devices all have bluetooth OBEX push profile?

of so could you not just transfer the files from one device to another using bluetooth?

or how about a wifi connection to do the same thing?

EscondeR
15-09-08, 06:19
Better try WiFi first.

touchthesky
15-09-08, 11:46
Thanks guys, I managed to get it onto my PSP by importing the cd onto the PS3 and then transferring to my PSP with the USB port.

The only problem is the files just save as "track 1,2,3" etc...and I can't change them on the PC as when I do it says "this information will be lost when you put them onto the player."

is there any way to get the track names onto the PSP? Or even onto the PS3 then to the PSP?

EscondeR
15-09-08, 11:53
The only problem is the files just save as "track 1,2,3" etc...and I can't change them on the PC as when I do it says "this information will be lost when you put them onto the player."

Did you try to transfer CDA tracks?

This is more likely because you have made only shortcuts, the tracks themselves must be ripped and converted to WAV/MP3 with something like CDex.

spikejones
15-09-08, 18:06
i think that if you let your player ripping/burning software such as WMP or Creative Media Source connect to the internet to a CDDB server, it will automatically edit the track tags appropriately for you. Manually doing it afterwards with WMP does NOT properly edit the tags, its just a WMP specific thing.

VonCroy360
15-09-08, 18:29
I always edit the track tags and add album artwork manually with iTunes - they all show perfectly on both my PS3 and on my Walkman. :)

spikejones
15-09-08, 18:45
see.. look how much M$ love us not :p

yeah.. there are some applications out there that DO have the ability to let you manually edit the true tags of the songs, however windows media player is not one of them.

VonCroy360
15-09-08, 19:02
I always edit the track tags and add album artwork manually with iTunes - they all show perfectly on both my PS3 and on my Walkman. :)

Just noticed that the tags edited with iTunes do not show properly on the PS3. XD Sorry about that.
They still show on my Sony Walkman, though, and I guess the software is similar to the one in the PSP. Worth a shot. :o

EscondeR
15-09-08, 20:39
The best (and free) way to edit tags is to use CDex or WinAmp :tmb: AFAIK tags edited with WinAmp are readable on almost all devices.

touchthesky
16-09-08, 12:58
I will download this CDex when I get home, thankyou.

I'll let you know how it goes :)!