PDA

View Full Version : Resume .part download.

Lavinder
14-09-08, 21:46
Pretty annoyed, I was downloading a 7GB file, I have downloaded about 4GB's of that and my internet decided to die. Is there anyway I can resume this within Firefox?

Thanks.

spikejones
14-09-08, 22:37
press Ctrl+J and it should bring up the download manager

Lavinder
14-09-08, 22:54
Really no offence, but I'm not that bloody thick :vlol:. I tried to resume the download earlier and it just disappeared leaving me with a part file and .rar :).

spikejones
14-09-08, 23:11
i dunno to be honest... the download should have been able to restart and resume where it left off when using the download manager, unless it was cancelled.

7 GB is quite a large download, what was it you were downloading? is there a torrent version of that download? torrent downloads will stop and resume downloading much more conveniently than using firefox.

aktrekker
15-09-08, 02:25
GetRight also resumes downloads without skipping a beat.

EscondeR
15-09-08, 06:17
Yup, it's always better to use GetRight/FlashGet/ReGet than even Opera's download manager to be sure your download will be resumed after "blackout".

Bokkie
15-09-08, 14:20
If you are using Firefox (regarding .part extension), there is a very good free download manager extension for Firefox - DownThemAll! (http://www.downthemall.net/)

Titanium
15-09-08, 16:20
It does depend, some websites I've been on dont allow people to partly download files.

Lavinder
15-09-08, 17:01
What was it you were downloading? is there a torrent version of that download? torrent downloads will stop and resume downloading much more conveniently than using firefox.

I'm downloading LOTR Online off the official Europe website - just a standard HTTP download.

Yup, it's always better to use GetRight/FlashGet/ReGet than even Opera's download manager to be sure your download will be resumed after "blackout".

I was using FlashGet, but halfway through the download it stopped, downloading at 0.00k so I tried it just through Firefox.

If you are using Firefox (regarding .part extension), there is a very good free download manager extension for Firefox - DownThemAll! (http://www.downthemall.net/)

I did this, but I cannot figure out how to resume a download via it, someone said I could. :)

EscondeR
15-09-08, 20:33
It does depend, some websites I've been on dont allow people to partly download files.

Yup, there are some... It's mostly impossible to get 7Gb off those with crappy Internet connection (I suppose the exactly our case here :o ).

I did this, but I cannot figure out how to resume a download via it, someone said I could. :)

Right click the download and choose Resume.

Lavinder
16-09-08, 16:28
Yup, there are some... It's mostly impossible to get 7Gb off those with crappy Internet connection (I suppose the exactly our case here :o ).

Right click the download and choose Resume.

There is nothing to right click. :)

I'm really annoyed now, I have gotten to 90 percent on Flashget and my internet decided to drop out in the middle of the night. Now when I click resume nothing happens. I'll show you.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/lavinder/Untitled-1-24.jpg

spikejones
16-09-08, 16:45
not familiar with FlashGet myself, but it looks to me as though. LOTR_Book13_UK.zip is already in the "start" condition (the start triangle is inactive). at any rate, can you not right click on that file "LOTR_Book13_UK.zip" and see some options for start/stop/resume/remove/ etc..?

Lavinder
16-09-08, 16:54
I went back to the download website and found the download link again, went in to properties and changed the link on the flashget download and it seems to have started up again :jmp:. Gamershell must have changed the download link overnight or something =/.

EscondeR
17-09-08, 05:11
^ :tmb:
You're progressing in PC advanced usage nicely Laura :)

spikejones
17-09-08, 05:17
well done:D