PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories PS2 remake going overseas!

gtkilla
16-09-08, 01:05
Rumours earlier in the week that Square-Enix was planning to reveal a US release of the PS2 remake of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories at this week's Gamestop manager convention have turned out to be true.

It now transpires that today Square-Enix has revealed this as fact, with sources from Gamestop and elsewhere confirming that the Final Mix version of the GBA classic finally heading to US Shores - but as a standalone title without Final Mix. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for PS2 will hit this holiday season with a price tag of $29.99.
Updates:
UPDATE: RPGSite has been in touch with Square-Enix Europe this morning in an attempt to confirm a European release of this title. Confimation of a UK and EU release is, at this moment "tbc." Square-Enix Europe representatives at this minute are "unaware" of any plans to bring the game to EU shores.
http://www.n4g.com/ps2/News-197823.aspx

:yah: So happy! :jmp: Now I don't have to continue playing that horrible 2D GBA garbage. This makes three must-buy games for this holiday season. :D

It's too bad that it isn't coming out in Europe, though..:o :(

Immortalis08
16-09-08, 01:08
Good to hear! :tmb: Now i won't be so lost in the game! :D I still haven't finished KH II.

Camera Obscura
16-09-08, 01:10
I'm not sure whether to be happy about this or sad.

It's great that we're finally going to get to play Chain of Memories in all it's 3D glory, but we're not getting the Final Mix - which is what I was crossing my fingers for. :) :( :)

Aphrodite22
16-09-08, 01:21
i have KHII and i dont know why but i hate it! :pi::)

Yuna´s Wish
16-09-08, 01:50
Wonderful! :tmb: A bit late...but well, it´s better than nothing. Now I can appreciate all the deaths of the first OXIII members :hug: Poor Larxene...:o

Lara.Jolie7
16-09-08, 03:32
Good to know, since I'm in the middle of KH:1

But
What about a KH:3? :confused:

Legend of Lara
16-09-08, 12:52
It MUST come out in Europe! I can't find the GBA version anywhere!

Gothlegend
16-09-08, 16:37
oh thank god! the GBA version was SO hard lol i still haven't beat it :(

Twilight
16-09-08, 23:13
What!? i did not expect that. what a pleasant surprise :D

oh my, what if they release KH2 Final Mix? i want to play the Cavern of Remembrance so badly.

i have KHII and i dont know why but i hate it! :pi::)

i dont like KH2 that much. i loooove KH1. :D

Chris.Talg0
17-09-08, 04:34
so the voice acting will be done in english right? donald and goofy just sound terrible in japanese.......

lovechin
17-09-08, 15:14
Hopefully it'll be released in the EU, too!
Me wantz it :D

Shark_Blade
17-09-08, 15:27
I bought the Japan version but I can't understand it except my sister. So English version IS A MUST!

edit.
Oh wait. It's not the Final Mix. Bummer.:(

disneyprincess20
17-09-08, 15:32
Square-Enix Europe representatives at this minute are "unaware" of any plans to bring the game to EU shores.
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sad/sad0002.gif

Dingaling
17-09-08, 16:20
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sad/sad0002.gif

I feel the same way :(.

If it does or doesn't come out in the EU, I hope at least they have the same English voice actors they used for Kingdom Hearts I and II, i.e. Haley Joel Osment as Sora etc.

tombfan91
18-09-08, 03:36
happy to see chain of memories come out to the us in ps2 but i was really hoping for that final mix of kh2 also

gtkilla
18-09-08, 18:09
I don't think Square will ever release either of the Final Mix's outside of Japan, unfortunately. :( And I'll never understand why. :rolleyes:

Good to know, since I'm in the middle of KH:1

But
What about a KH:3? :confused:

Apparently, it's going to be announced at TGS this year, but probably won't be out for another two or three considering all the other KH projects they've got going on atm.

Alive_and_Funky
18-09-08, 18:42
Great news! I thought the GBA version of Chain of Memories was okay but the PS2 version appears to be better. I'll be hoping for a PAL release as well.

gtkilla
21-09-08, 14:13
Full press release/announcement with the release date has been posted.

http://www.square-enix.com/na/company/press/2008/0919/

The official site has also been put up.

http://na.square-enix.com/khrecom/

*sigh* That music is magical...XD

lararoxs
21-09-08, 14:19
Aww! I want it soo bad!:( I have completed KH:II so I need some more!:p

Why arnt they releasing it for PS3? I dont have one but Im just curious!:)

gtkilla
21-09-08, 14:28
Aww! I want it soo bad!:( I have completed KH:II so I need some more!:p

Why arnt they releasing it for PS3? I dont have one but Im just curious!:)

The game itself has been finished for the PS2 since 2004 (it was originally a Japan-exclusive), the only difference now is that they're releasing it in the US. ;)

And I feel sorry for you guys...:o If you have a modded PS2, maybe you can import it?

shinra358
21-09-08, 15:27
Man, we need KH2 Final Mix, KH1 Mix, FFXII International, FFX AND FFX-2 International over here. All those games have way more material than ours!

lararoxs
21-09-08, 17:56
The game itself has been finished for the PS2 since 2004 (it was originally a Japan-exclusive), the only difference now is that they're releasing it in the US. ;)

And I feel sorry for you guys...:o If you have a modded PS2, maybe you can import it?

Ahh... So its the same game for the US?
Man, Im confused!:confused: and its really not that confusing!:p

gtkilla
21-09-08, 17:59
Ahh... So its the same game for the US?
Man, Im confused!:confused: and its really not that confusing!:p

Lol It's the same game, just in English.

EDIT: Oh, and there's also four new mini-games. XD

lararoxs
21-09-08, 18:05
Mini games?!?!

Must buy!:p

It said you can control Riku? Is that true?

gtkilla
21-09-08, 18:13
Well, I'm sure you can if they're saying that in the press release. I'm gonna look up a video on youtube to see what it's like to play as him.

lararoxs
21-09-08, 18:15
:tmb: Please do! I will check too..

gtkilla
21-09-08, 18:21
Found one

pD_g7XijpWM

Doesn't look too different from Sora...That card-battle system looks so confusing, though. I never understood how it worked in the GBA version! :p I hope it's simpler in this one. :o

BTW, has anyone heard Donald's Japanese voice? L.M.A.O. XD

lararoxs
21-09-08, 18:31
Yeah.. it is basically the same but appearence wise.

I hated the card battle! I never did understand them.

No I cant say I have heard Donald's Japanese voice!:p Do I want to?:p

Camera Obscura
21-09-08, 22:16
The only reason why I'm looking forward to this game is to kick some Organization ass. :mis:

gtkilla
22-09-08, 01:23
Yeah.. it is basically the same but appearence wise.

I hated the card battle! I never did understand them.

No I cant say I have heard Donald's Japanese voice!:p Do I want to?:p

I was hoping it'd be trashed for the remake, but apparently it's part of the storyline so it looks like that's a no-go. :o

His voice is hilarious. There was this really funny video where it sounded like he was saying some very...questionable things in English, even though it was Japanese. I wish I could find it again. XD

Legend of Lara
22-09-08, 12:30
His voice is hilarious. There was this really funny video where it sounded like he was saying some very...questionable things in English, even though it was Japanese. I wish I could find it again. XD

Ah, I heard some of that in X-Play's KH2 preview. "Ah, sawk mah... :whi:" *snicker*

SquallLion
22-09-08, 12:32
oh thank god! the GBA version was SO hard lol i still haven't beat it :(
true: a big level up is an obligation

shinra358
22-09-08, 18:25
some of those games still have english voices. if we were to get it on emulator or play it with our action replay disks, we would still need the menus in english.

It's really not hard at all. Your card just has to have a higher number than the enemy's attack (enemy car). Its as simple as that. When you attack, the next card that's in the deck determined whether it will hit or miss the enemy. It's basically the same gameplay as kingdom hearts but the cards determined the strengths, weaknesses, and attacks. 1 hit = 1 card. the next hits, go to the next cards.

gtkilla
22-09-08, 23:38
Ah, I heard some of that in X-Play's KH2 preview. "Ah, sawk mah... :whi:" *snicker*

That's it! :D That was so hilarious when I first saw it. I'm gonna look for it. XD

some of those games still have english voices. if we were to get it on emulator or play it with our action replay disks, we would still need the menus in english.

It's really not hard at all. Your card just has to have a higher number than the enemy's attack (enemy car). Its as simple as that. When you attack, the next card that's in the deck determined whether it will hit or miss the enemy. It's basically the same gameplay as kingdom hearts but the cards determined the strengths, weaknesses, and attacks. 1 hit = 1 card. the next hits, go to the next cards.

I use to get confused during fights 'cause I'd have to rearrange my deck every few hits. Didn't like that at all. I hope the system's more intuitive in the remake.

Lenochka
22-09-08, 23:45
Oh god... the card battle **** was so annoying!
I played it for an hour and never touched the thing ever again xD

Camera Obscura
22-09-08, 23:48
I don't know what you guys are talking about. The card system wasn't that bad. Just stick a lot of middle-high numbered cards in your deck, keep the powerful magic after that, and save the healing magic at the back of the deck for easy access. Learn the card combination for powerful attacks/magics and use them when you want to blast the enemy. DON'T use up ALL your cards in special attacks because then you'll run out of cards. Don't stay in one spot for too long in order to dodge incoming attacks and don't wait until you run out of cards before you reload. If you happen to find level 9 or 0 cards, keep them at the back of the deck for easy access just like the healing cards, this way you'll be able to block against powerful enemy attacks. Easy. :p

HaveFaith4Lara
23-09-08, 00:15
:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp: Can't wait! I'm very excited

gtkilla
23-09-08, 00:17
Oh god... the card battle **** was so annoying!
I played it for an hour and never touched the thing ever again xD

Same. :o

I don't know what you guys are talking about. The card system wasn't that bad. Just stick a lot of middle-high numbered cards in your deck, keep the powerful magic after that, and save the healing magic at the back of the deck for easy access. Learn the card combination for powerful attacks/magics and use them when you want to blast the enemy. DON'T use up ALL your cards in special attacks because then you'll run out of cards. Don't stay in one spot for too long in order to dodge incoming attacks and don't wait until you run out of cards before you reload. If you happen to find level 9 or 0 cards, keep them at the back of the deck for easy access just like the healing cards, this way you'll be able to block against powerful enemy attacks. Easy. :p

You make it sound soooo easy. How could I have ever thought it was hard or confusing? :p

HaveFaith4Lara
23-09-08, 00:20
It MUST come out in Europe! I can't find the GBA version anywhere!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingdom-Hearts-Chain-Memories-GBA/dp/B000819UPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1222129255&sr=8-1

Lenochka
23-09-08, 00:32

I just hit buttons and hoped I would win battles lmfao

gtkilla
23-09-08, 00:35
I just hit buttons and hoped I would win battles lmfao

I think that's the fighting strategy of 90% of the KH fanbase (including mine). :p

Camera Obscura
23-09-08, 00:38
Am I the only one who used a real strategy for this game? XD

Well it serves you right for relying on the basic hack and slash strategy of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. :smk:

gtkilla
23-09-08, 00:48
Am I the only one who used a real strategy for this game? XD

Well it serves you right for relying on the basic hack and slash strategy of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. :smk:

It would seem so. :p

Obviously, we're gonna play it like we did the previous games. :o The new combat system was just...stupid. I kept saying to myself "WHY do I have to fight like this. It's retarded. Let me play like KH1 XD" for the few times I played it.

Lenochka
23-09-08, 00:52
It kind of makes me wonder... what if the next TR game used card system like CoM xD

gtkilla
23-09-08, 00:57
The uproar would be catastrophic...the power of our complaining could smash mountains into valleys and even kill immortal Gods.

HaveFaith4Lara
23-09-08, 19:07
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/09/battle_star490.jpg :( card system.

Alive_and_Funky
23-09-08, 19:50
I think I done the exact same things when I played Chain Of Memories. :p

The battle system wasn't the problem I had with KH: COM (it had its flaws, but I still really liked it); it was how mundane the exploration of worlds was. All the worlds were pretty much the same aside from a different colour palette and art design. And don't even think about reminding me of Captain Hook's pirate ship; that place was horribly bland.

SquallLion
23-09-08, 20:27
I think I done the exact same things when I played Chain Of Memories. :p

The battle system wasn't the problem I had with KH: COM (it had its flaws, but I still really liked it); it was how mundane the exploration of worlds was. All the worlds were pretty much the same aside from a different colour palette and art design. And don't even think about reminding me of Captain Hook's pirate ship; that place was horribly bland.
the dungeon is a personal dungeon : with special card you activate, you make your personal world/dungeon