PDA

View Full Version : About the levels

ara
17-09-08, 12:08
In some interwiev I think it was Eric who said that if you know every path and everything in Underworld it would take you about 12 hours to complete the game, now, they said exact same thing about TR: Legend but it took me about 3 and a half hour to complete even when I didnt know every path and secret.
Sence we still have pretty obvious ledges and paths and sence CD says the game will take 12 hours to get trough even tought Legend was so short SO are you a little afraid that Underworld will be as short as Legend and as linear as Legend?

And I am really excited about the game ;)
AND I liked Legend.. not as much as I could be but still liked..

mikael201
17-09-08, 12:19
i hate legend , i like anniversary , and underworls look great but i'm afraid about the time for the game , i don't want spend 70 euros for 5H00 of game , i really hope about this new tomb raider , because this one decide me if i leave tomb raider or stay a fan of the series
i really hope in the next tomb raider , lara croft back to this
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=KWhPSul8toU&feature=related
THAT IS TOMB RAIDER !!!

Wicked
17-09-08, 12:29
I'm as excited as you are but I have faith in CD! I hope they will keep their promises and even if they don't - unfortunately I am a fan and I can't just stop playing / buying TR because I love Lara too much and I want to join all of her adventures! :p

ara
17-09-08, 13:33
Yeah.. I cant stop playing Tomb Raider games either.. It just that you cant call you "a real fan" if you wont buy Tomb Raider just becouse they arent like a old times..
And I think sometimes you gotta let go and leave room for changes.
Yep, Crystal Dynamics can make a TR game, maybe they just have different vision..

MMAN
17-09-08, 14:43
Yeah.. I cant stop playing Tomb Raider games either.. It just that you cant call you "a real fan" if you wont buy Tomb Raider just becouse they arent like a old times..

So fan=fanboy?

If you really don't like the direction something is going you would be more of a fan to not buy it than mindlessly buy it just because it's part of something you used to like.

tranniversary119
17-09-08, 14:45
When I think Underworld I think Halo 3 for some reason. This is basically TR3 for Crystal and perhaps they're going for the same route as bungie did. Halo 1 was long, halo 2 was a little longer than halo, and halo 3 was shortened down to I believe 7 levels [a rip off I say]. Maybe not the exact same route but like they said it's somewhere in between so I'm not expecting a big game. They're better be replay value though..

MattTR
17-09-08, 17:45
When I think Underworld I think Halo 3 for some reason. This is basically TR3 for Crystal and perhaps they're going for the same route as bungie did. Halo 1 was long, halo 2 was a little longer than halo, and halo 3 was shortened down to I believe 7 levels [a rip off I say]. Maybe not the exact same route but like they said it's somewhere in between so I'm not expecting a big game. They're better be replay value though..

It's confirmed to be longer then Legend, but shorter then Anniversary, so I'd say it would be in the middle. And why are you comparing Tomb Raider to Halo, a first person multiplayer shooter game? :confused:

Gladous
17-09-08, 21:19
I pray that is about 17-23 hours of completion, or even LONGER! :mis:

silver_wolf
17-09-08, 21:45
I really hope that's true, and that it applies to everyone, 'cause as a veteran TR player, finding the right paths and puzzle solutions may be easier than they anticipated.

Aphrodite22
17-09-08, 21:53
linear not. short maybe.

TRexbait
18-09-08, 00:42
I really hope that's true, and that it applies to everyone, 'cause as a veteran TR player, finding the right paths and puzzle solutions may be easier than they anticipated.My thoughts exacly. Maybe the new players wil hav problems finding paths. But if what they say "You can go anywhere that you see" is true, then i'm gonna be spending a hell of a lot of time exploring. :wve:

MMAN
18-09-08, 00:58
It's confirmed to be longer then Legend, but shorter then Anniversary, so I'd say it would be in the middle.

Wasn't a random talk-over by a non-CD staff member the only place where we heard it is shorter than anniversary?

KC Mraz
18-09-08, 01:02
Wasn't a random talk-over by a non-CD staff member the only place where we heard it is shorter than anniversary?

Yes. It is just something said by some random guy (now dubbed "The "Anniversary was too long" guy" :p ) on self-recorded a gameplay video recorded at Leipzig

tranniversary119
18-09-08, 01:22
It's confirmed to be longer then Legend, but shorter then Anniversary, so I'd say it would be in the middle. And why are you comparing Tomb Raider to Halo, a first person multiplayer shooter game? :confused:

I wasn't comparing it gameplay wise length wise :wve:

Blue Buddha
18-09-08, 11:05
It's confirmed to be longer then Legend, but shorter then Anniversary

If that's true then ******** ********. Half of TRA was missing. Yet another game for the ADD crowd then.

What a crock.

MMAN
18-09-08, 11:19
If that's true then ******** ********. Half of TRA was missing. Yet another game for the ADD crowd then.

What a crock.

As has been mentioned earlier here, it hasn't been confirmed at all.