PDA

View Full Version : General "Drakan" Thread

Big Lara Fan
18-09-08, 02:15
Discuss Drakan Series Here!
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh106/amber_long/Drakan.jpg

Has anyone played the two Drakan games before? I believe the first one is called Drakan: Order of the Flames and the second is called Drakan: The Ancients' Gates.

I personally have only played the second one, but those who have played it have to agree it was one of the best adventure RPGs ever made :D.

Do you think they will release a third game for the series? I mean they did leave us with a message at the end basically saying this isn't the last game in the series... well where is it?? It's been almost 7 years since The Ancients' Gates came out, and I'm still a big fan of Drakan; it's just one of those "must play" games, imho. :)

Nemo_91
18-09-08, 13:38
Wohoo :D I LOVE Drakan :tmb: I have only played Order of the Flames...it's so awesome! I was totally addicted to it to be honest XD And I haven't played Ancients' Gates yet :( But i'd love to.

oocladableeblah
18-09-08, 13:44
I played a demo of it and I played that demo like a million times I loved it. Don't know why I never bought it. They should make another one and keep the characters, but sort of start fresh with the story. It would be amazing with current gen graphics :cln:

Nemo_91
18-09-08, 13:46
I played a demo of it and I played that demo like a million times I loved it. Don't know why I never bought it. They should make another one and keep the characters, but sort of start fresh with the story. It would be amazing with current gen graphics :cln:

Order of the Flames or Ancients' Gates demo?

oocladableeblah
18-09-08, 13:47
Order of the Flames or Ancients' Gates demo?
I have no clue I think it was the second Drakan. It was for ps2.

Raziel66
18-09-08, 15:31
Drakan :D I am at the end of the Ancient's gates now and I have completed Order of flame maybe three years ago.Both games are classic and they contain a old styled,but fun gameplay.Order of flame is realy good game and AG is even better.I love them both :D

Maddiegirl
18-09-08, 19:10
I absolutely adored Drakan: the Ancient's Gates. It was so fun! For awhile I heard rumors of 3 coming out when ps3 came out....but not so far. And then there was supposed to be an online version....

Anyway, for some sort of Drakan fix... http://www.planetdrakan.com/

Tombreaper
18-09-08, 20:19
I love Drakan, beautiful game, especially the PS2 game; Ancients' Gates.

*laralover*
18-09-08, 20:23
Ancients Gate is awesome :tmb:

Big Lara Fan
18-09-08, 20:30
It always reminded me of a more "medieval" version of Tomb Raider. Rynn always did have similar qualities to Lara, and she looked like her too! :)

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z30/tomb_raider_geek1193/rynn-with-head.jpg

Blackmoor
18-09-08, 20:57
I've played Drakken 2 and think it's great. Considering it came out on the PS2 quite early on, it's nicely put together and the graphics are pretty good too. It's a reasonable length too, and I like that you can decide to focus on becoming good with a sword, bow or spells. I always go for the swords (I can be quite a hack 'n slasher with the right game :D), but I keep promising myself that one day I'll play this and focus on becoming good at spell casting instead.

I like the guy who sells her weapons too. He says funny things along the lines of, "There you go my little bloodthirsty killer" which tickle me.

Maddiegirl
19-09-08, 16:13
I always got a kick out of Arok.

Rynn: "Arok!"
Arok: "I'm right here!" That one always makes me giggle....He says it like is purely frustrated with Rynn.

Arok: "I'm coming." As in Geeze, hold your horses.

Did you ever play to get the giant chicken? That thing was wild. I should play again....I finished everything but did it in the wrong order...there's an additional level if you play it correctly...near the giant chicken (way past the mines - you'll need Arok to get you there). I think if you kill the chicken first, the gate is closed to this level.

Big Lara Fan
20-09-08, 03:57

Arok: "I'm right here!" That one always makes me giggle....He says it like is purely frustrated with Rynn.

Arok: "I'm coming." As in Geeze, hold your horses.

Did you ever play to get the giant chicken? That thing was wild. I should play again....I finished everything but did it in the wrong order...there's an additional level if you play it correctly...near the giant chicken (way past the mines - you'll need Arok to get you there). I think if you kill the chicken first, the gate is closed to this level.

Really? Never heard of this. I would replay it but sadly.. it was one of the many PS2 games I had to sell to get enough money for a 360 :( It was so hard to sell it too, that was literally my all time favorite game next to Tomb Raider.

Monari
20-09-08, 09:49
I would love to play these games. :)

Actually, it helped me to find out about TR. ;)
(information about these games were on the same website)

Veronica Ma
20-09-08, 16:43
Yes, played Drakan II Ancient Gates many times. Each time using different combination of experience. :vlol:

Made me laugh too! :vlol:

Yes, got the Giant Chicken... but never heard of this other level. What order do you have to play to get it?

oocladableeblah
20-09-08, 16:57
Was looking at the games they made and the developers of Drakan sure haven't made a lot of games. They also don't do very well, but they don't do bad they seem to get 7s. Although I disagree cause Drakan deserves a 9 at least.
Again I say they need to make a third drakan for new consoles and make it amazing.
BLF that render is amazing :cln:

Andariel
20-09-08, 17:11
I've had Ancients' Gates since it came out, finished it many times, and love it to bits. :D Been to the Tree of Mourning, Ravenshold, Shiverbane, Stratosphere, everywhere. Even completed all the side missions. The landscapes are so beautiful and it's a true fantasy game. I love Rynn because she's tough, elegant, and speaks well in it.

Lena-Lara
22-09-08, 21:26
I loved Drakan: Order of the Flame, too. :tmb:
It's one of my favourites games beside Tomb Raider.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to play Ancients' Gates, because I haven't a PS2. :(
But I'm still hoping there will be a continuation for PC someday...

erreway
24-09-08, 16:00
I love drakan too.....

Order of the flame i haven't play yet.

Kiss-Bite
25-09-08, 08:01
I have Drakan The Ancients' Gates on PS2 & I absolutely loved it! It would be great to see this game in a next-gen version!:D

Maddiegirl
25-09-08, 20:12
Yes, got the Giant Chicken... but never heard of this other level. What order do you have to play to get it?

Well, since I didn't get it when I played that area towards the end, it's obviously not at that time. :tea:

After the Shadowmire swamp, if you go to the southeastern end of Surdana with Arok - past the chicken (don't kill it yet) and a little east - it should be open. It's not too far from the chicken if I recall - there's a cave near a river I think (it's been years since I played!) and in the cave there is a doorway. It's blocked by a wooden gate if you can't access it, and when you can, it should be open. There area a bunch of wartoks in the area.

Yunas Wish
25-09-08, 20:53
Wow, never heard of this game...but you all seem to love it (considering you all said "I love/adore it") :eek:

Is it old? Which is its genre? Story? Gameplay hours? It seems to be a must.

Dia2blo
25-09-08, 23:09
The only drakan game i have played was a pc demo years back... and i loved it :P i wish i bought more of the series, but i have a lot of fond memories just from that one demo. I wish i could play it again :(

Kiss-Bite
25-09-08, 23:43
Wow, never heard of this game...but you all seem to love it (considering you all said "I love/adore it") :eek:

Is it old? Which is its genre? Story? Gameplay hours? It seems to be a must.

You play a Lara-esque female lead with both combat & magical skills. She also has a companion in the form of a dragon which you can take to the skies on at any point & it is great!:D The whole kingdom is almost one lare free roaming world which you explore on foot as well as in the air on the back of the dragon.:)

I own the PS2 game, Drakan The Ancients Gate which was released way back in 2002 I think. It's a game with lots of action, charm & adventure which I would fully recommend even though it's quite an old title now!;)

Veronica Ma
25-09-08, 23:50
Well, since I didn't get it when I played that area towards the end, it's obviously not at that time. :tea:

After the Shadowmire swamp, if you go to the southeastern end of Surdana with Arok - past the chicken (don't kill it yet) and a little east - it should be open. It's not too far from the chicken if I recall - there's a cave near a river I think (it's been years since I played!) and in the cave there is a doorway. It's blocked by a wooden gate if you can't access it, and when you can, it should be open. There area a bunch of wartoks in the area.I think I may have gotten into that area now that you mention it. Thanks! :D

You play a Lara-esque female lead with both combat & magical skills. She also has a companion in the form of a dragon which you can take to the skies on at any point & it is great!:D The whole kingdom is almost one lare free roaming world which you explore on foot as well as in the air on the back of the dragon.:)

I own the PS2 game, Drakan The Ancients Gate which was released way back in 2002 I think. It's a game with lots of action, charm & adventure which I would fully recommend even though it's quite an old title now!;)Could not have put it better myself. :tmb:

Yunas Wish
26-09-08, 18:59

I own the PS2 game, Drakan The Ancients Gate which was released way back in 2002 I think. It's a game with lots of action, charm & adventure which I would fully recommend even though it's quite an old title now!;)

Thank you Kiss-Bite! :tmb: It seems its my kind of game, Ill try to get it somehow. My last resource is a friend of mine who should have it (hes such a collectionist).

Ive watched some Youtube videos too and, even if graphics are not the best, the game seems quite fun and original :)

Little-Lara
28-09-08, 03:34
I LOOVEED Drakan. But i don't know which one I played, It was the one with her little brother. And I got to chop up the enemies like beefcakes. :jmp: :D teeheee. :cln:

It was one of the most magical games I ever played. This game showed me the fun of flying in the open airs on a dragon's back. :o :jmp: :yah:

wadej88
28-09-08, 06:09
Omg i was just going to make a thread about this game!
i got a demo disk with the first demo on it way back in 99,
and i started playing it the other day again n i love it :D.

I payed around $25 for just the game disk from germany becuase that was the cheapest i could get.

how much are people paying these days?

wadej88
28-09-08, 07:23
Look what i found,

i MUST have it! :ton:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DRAKAN-Order-of-the-Flame-1999-Psygnosis-PC-Game-BOXED_W0QQitemZ200255719633QQihZ010QQcategoryZ1399 73QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3307/drakanfullay9.th.jpg (http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=drakanfullay9.jpg)http://img296.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

erreway
28-09-08, 23:21
I love Drakan too.
Does anyone knows if there is going to be
a new Drakan game??

oocladableeblah
28-09-08, 23:34
It's only $7 at gamestop I think I will go see if they have it when I go buy SH5.

wadej88
30-09-08, 04:45
[B$7, gee thats cheap.

i had to pay like $30 just for the disk off ebay[/B]

Taylour
30-09-08, 19:07
A sequel would be awesome. I really enjoyed that game. :D

wadej88
01-10-08, 07:05
They did make a sequel,

THE ANCIENTS GATES (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakan:_The_Ancients%27_Gates) is what its called.

Ive never played it though , is it similar to the origional? :)

Raziel66
01-10-08, 11:43
They did make a sequel,

THE ANCIENTS GATES (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakan:_The_Ancients%27_Gates) is what its called.

Ive never played it though , is it similar to the origional? :)

It is a well improved original :D

erreway
01-10-08, 16:17
It's awesome!

I like this game!
:)

Kiss-Bite
01-10-08, 16:55
I love Drakan too.
Does anyone knows if there is going to be
a new Drakan game??

Wouldn't that be great, a next-gen Drakan!:cln:

erreway
01-10-08, 17:00

Yes a next- gen Drakan
would be great!!!

Raziel66
01-10-08, 19:20

That would be GORGEOUS :D Imagine A.Gates in next gen graphics....WOW :D

Rivendell
01-10-08, 19:27
I'd love a next-gen Drakan.
I played the Ancients Gates years ago when it came out - actually I rented it over and over again until I finished it, before buying it years later.
I had so much fun on it, it's quite a big world to explore and get all the treasures and weapons.
:hug: