PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero: World Tour Discussion

oocladableeblah
18-09-08, 22:43
So the two giants of music gaming are gonna roll out their latest products. Both are pretty much the same. GHWT seems to have a couple things that seem cool that RB2 doesn't have. The first thing is the drums and guitar, the drums are a bit more realistic since they have two pads set a little higher than the rest to act as the symbols and the guitar has a touch sensing bar at the bottom for solos. The second thing is the song creator which is a cool feature.

Although I was reading on the guitar hero section of the playstation forums and this guy (username: PokerSup) was posting some info about bad things in ghwt. Anyone know if these things are true?

Ok, being a RB owner, and a GH3 owner, I was going to pick up BOTH GHWT and RB2.... There are a few things that are making me really ****ed off now about the GH series in general!!! And I don't think I will purchase this game anymore....

First - GH3 songs / DLC (besides Metallica) won't transfer over.... Basically you have a game now that's useless
Second - GHA is the biggest waste of money...
Third - DLC will probably COST MORE than on RB2 (since it does already cost more!)
Fourth - Now they are stating there will be a 3 MINUTE TIME LIMIT on the songs that are created!!?!?!?!??! **bleep**!?!?!?!!?
Fifth - Now they also state there will be NO TROPHY SUPPORT for this game... Admittedly, I am not a trophy w h o r e and D/L or don't D/L because of this, BUT I think it's STUPID not to include since the system now supports it!!!!!
Sixth - RB already has 16 of the songs that are in the game, and there is a ton more DLC for RB....
Seventh - ONLINE PLAY!?!? Will it be better than GH3???? That remains to be seen.... I play RB online everyday, and still can't connect to the GH servers to play a game, and add the fact that you can't invite your friends!?!?!?!?

The one GOOD thing I can really say is the equipment looks better, but will it work better?!?!? Dunno, time will tell on that.....

I am really getting turned off now about this series/game from Neversoft & Activision!!!!

I looked at the song list for both games and RB2 had more songs that I liked. Another plus for RB2 is that I know the product will be good since RB1 had good quality instruments.

Which one do you plan on getting and which do you think is better and why? I still don't know which to get and can only get one of them. I am kind of leaning more towards RB2.
Please do not turn this into a giant flaming the two games ripping off each other thread.

tranniversary119
18-09-08, 22:49
I disliked Rock Band so I'm going with Guitar Hero World Tour..

oocladableeblah
18-09-08, 23:11
I disliked Rock Band so I'm going with Guitar Hero World Tour..
Why what is so bad about rock band that makes you hate it?

tranniversary119
18-09-08, 23:27
Why what is so bad about rock band that makes you hate it?

I don't hate it I just dislike, but I still play it. I just prefer Guitar Hero over Rock Band.

Crayons
19-09-08, 01:29
Can't wait for WT! :yah:
Costs about 200 dollars. :pi:

KC Mraz
19-09-08, 02:11
I'm far more interested on Lips (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/l/lips/), so if I buy one of this kinda games, it may be Rock Revolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Revolution) (although i'm keeping an eye on Rock Band 2 too)

interstellardave
19-09-08, 10:47
I'm getting Rock Band 2--and, if the instruments work with GH4 (a possibility) then I'll just get the GH4 disc. It's my perfect solution because both games have tracks I like. I really hope I don't have to have 2 whole sets of instruments in my house.

I think the music creator thing sounds good as a sales pitch--and hardly anyone will use it extensively unless they want to create noise! Of course some actual musicians might create some stuff but I bet it will be just like DLC for Guitar Hero games: virtually non-existant.

findme
19-09-08, 10:55
Im SO getting guitar hero world tour once i get my xbox for my birthday

i cant wait you have no idea how much i love that game. tried rockband, its really similar but i didnt really like it.

TR FAN 18
20-09-08, 12:17
RB2 won't be out here for months! We don't even get a release date and the Wii, PS2 & PS3 versions of RB1 have only just come out here.
I'm not getting it for the Wii because of the Les Paul Guitar controller not working with it and the RB Guitar sucks. Also, no online play or DLC. :( Instead, we have to buy expansion packs which cost 25 EACH. :mad: Surely the Wii was capable of this?!

However, I will be looking forward to GH:WT, the setlist looks better than GH3. I also like the fact that the Wii version will also have the DLC. But I dunno if I want to fork out 150 for this. Far too expensive for me. :hea:

Alex Fly
20-09-08, 14:08
Guitar Hero World Tour of course ! :tmb:

The answer is simple for me : Guitar Hero is the only one of these two franchises that considers releasing PC versions of their games. Yes, there are a lot of PC players who wants to play these games too !

I can't wait to try the drums personally ! :)

Voni
20-09-08, 14:59
They both look pretty similar to me, at the end of the day they both let you play cool rock songs. If I had to pick I'd go with GH since I don't like the Rock Band guitar fret buttons, they're too spongy. Seriously, that's it.

oocladableeblah
20-09-08, 16:29
I'm getting Rock Band 2--and, if the instruments work with GH4 (a possibility) then I'll just get the GH4 disc. It's my perfect solution because both games have tracks I like. I really hope I don't have to have 2 whole sets of instruments in my house.

I think the music creator thing sounds good as a sales pitch--and hardly anyone will use it extensively unless they want to create noise! Of course some actual musicians might create some stuff but I bet it will be just like DLC for Guitar Hero games: virtually non-existant.

How would it work I mean it could, but how would you hit the fifth pad for ghwt your missing it on rb2. I know that the ghwt intruments work with rock band 2. At least that is what I hear on other forums.

interstellardave
20-09-08, 21:36
How would it work I mean it could, but how would you hit the fifth pad for ghwt your missing it on rb2. I know that the ghwt intruments work with rock band 2. At least that is what I hear on other forums.

If it doesn't work that way then I'll do it the other way around... and if neither way works with both then I'll curse the *******s for making me choose only 1 of them! ;)

And, actually, that one would have to be Rock Band 2. Since I already have RB1, and all the songs are compatible with 2 I'd have to stay within that franchise... and I simply can't have a basement filled with all these instruments.

And, in thinking about it more this 5th pad might only come into play when you play on Expert--and I can't do that to save my life, so it may not matter!

oocladableeblah
20-09-08, 21:39
And, in thinking about it more this 5th pad might only come into play when you play on Expert--and I can't do that to save my life, so it may not matter!
True or hard. Didn't really think about that. I have a hard enough time doing the drums on rock band :vlol:

interstellardave
20-09-08, 21:47
Tell me about it! I really am only comfortable playing drums and guitar on Medium... I might be able to do Hard on vocals but I've not sung very much... my wife sings quite well though.

I'm going to have to do some reading up to find out what the best combination is between these two games; I know a lot of people probably want both but they don't want to spend all the money for all the instruments, nor do most people want all the instruments around the house... I'm sure it'll work out some way.

oocladableeblah
20-09-08, 21:51
Tell me about it! I really am only comfortable playing drums and guitar on Medium... I might be able to do Hard on vocals but I've not sung very much... my wife sings quiet well though.

I'm going to have to do some reading up to find out what the best combination is between these two games; I know a lot of people probably want both but they don't want to spend all the money for all the instruments, nor do most people want all the instruments around the house... I'm sure some it'll work out some way.
I hear a lot of people saying they are gonna buy the ghwt bundle then the rb2 disc. Definitely gonna wait till they are both out and see what people think.
Guitar I can kind of do on hard it depends on the song and singing I suck at lol I can't make my voice high pitched enough for some of the songs.