PDA

View Full Version : IGN gets a face lift

illuminati30
19-09-08, 00:49
http://uk.ign.com/

hmmmmm! :o:confused::rolleyes:

Maybe it will grow on me. Seems like a step back though!

oocladableeblah
19-09-08, 00:59
It's okay I never really cared for igns site. What does ign stand for? Internet Gaming Network? Their site is too cluttered with other things like movies and other non gaming things.

illuminati30
19-09-08, 01:00
It's okay I never really cared for igns site. What does ign stand for? Internet Gaming Network? Their site is too cluttered with other things like movies and other non gaming things.

They cover other forms of media though. I used to love gamespot, but i couldn't access their page for a while, and i was forced to use ign, and not gone back to gamespot since! Their Nintendo section is pathetically static and boring looking!

oocladableeblah
19-09-08, 01:03
They cover other forms of media though. I used to love gamespot, but i couldn't access their page for a while, and i was forced to use ign, and not gone back to gamespot since! Their Nintendo section is pathetically static and boring looking!

Figured they covered other things :p I used gamespot since their site is really organized and easy to use. I don't really know of any other game sites.

Megalith
19-09-08, 01:11
Thats a great coincidence because today i finally deleted it from my bookmarks.:)

IGN is a joke of a site.Its whole purpose of existence is to generate hype for the major publishers and nothing more.I'm pretty sure they take big bucks to write some of the reviews.

illuminati30
19-09-08, 01:16
I always find them quite fair to be honest.

oocladableeblah
19-09-08, 01:16
Thats a great coincidence because today i finally deleted it from my bookmarks.:)

IGN is a joke of a site.Its whole purpose of existence is to generate hype for the major publishers and nothing more.I'm pretty sure they take big bucks to write some of the reviews.
What site is truthful about their reviews :p I don't usually go by the rating unless it gets something really low like a 2 then it must be bad.

Titanium
19-09-08, 01:25
Seems alright, just have to get use to it again. :)

Megalith
19-09-08, 01:34
What site is truthful about their reviews :p I don't usually go by the rating unless it gets something really low like a 2 then it must be bad.

Well,personally i find that reviewers from fan sites are much more objective than the supposedly professional ones from big sites like IGN.
For example,i really like the reviews from RPGFan.Even though i don't always agree with their scores i find their reviews analytical enough to give you a fair idea about the game.
And also with sites like these i don't have to go through all the hype a big release usually generates.
I also buy Edge every month which i think its reviews are objective enough.

Larapink
19-09-08, 01:37
I am not too sure about the amount of red used for thier website.

Camera Obscura
19-09-08, 01:49
Doesn't look very different to me. Then again, I don't visit it often. :pi:

tranniversary119
19-09-08, 01:53
I saw it before and I don't like it :wve:

KC Mraz
19-09-08, 02:08
Doesn't look bad, too red though

irjudd
19-09-08, 02:18
I still like Gamespot better, but IGN is ok for the BOTD.

illuminati30
19-09-08, 02:53
I am not too sure about the amount of red used for thier website.

Would you prefer pink? :p

Yuna´s Wish
19-09-08, 04:18
Didn´t Gamespot changed it first, some little time ago? In my opinion, both formats are horrible (Gamespot´s and IGN´s) and similar...I have yet to explore them further to see if they´re practical at least.

petujaymz
19-09-08, 16:34
I'll get used to it.

Didn't like the the bbc.co.uk (www.bbc.co.uk) revamp at first.

:wve:

Tombreaper
19-09-08, 17:27
It's a little too red, but it doesn't matter, it's still a great site.

Alex Fly
19-09-08, 17:39
Not bad... :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-09-08, 17:41
As a web developer, I approve. :D I looooove it.

findme
19-09-08, 17:49
i like it its dark redd my fave:D

Sir Croft
19-09-08, 18:03
I like it.