PDA

View Full Version : I want to get a steering wheel

tizerist
23-09-08, 16:09
I think this looks good because it says its compatible for both PC and PS2.
https://www.powerdrive-computers.com/brands/Speed-Link/b1746_sc1609/p280_v2.aspx
But how can I tell if it's going to be compatible with all five of my racing games (2 PS2, 3 PC) or not?
I need to really know this before making a purchase!

Also with Burnout Paradise coming in a few months, that will need to be used with it also!

Any advice please?

Sam The Man
24-09-08, 20:17
If money isn't an option then i suggest the (159.99) LOGITECH G25.

* A six-speed gear stick, including a reverse gear. It can be switched between sequential and 'H' shift patterns.

* Leather wrapping on the gear stick and wheel.

* Stainless steel brake, gas and clutch pedals. Each pedal has a distinct level of resistance to simulate the difference between brake, gas and clutch.

* Range of rotation is adjustable up to 900 with two force feedback motors

* A carpet grip which keeps the pedals in position while playing.

It is compatible with PC (XP OR VISTA) PS2 & PS3

yB_kWmbmX6I&feature=related
Here is a vid of it being used on the pc...

tizerist
30-09-08, 19:36
thanks but can i be sure it will be compatible with all my games?

Legend of Lara
30-09-08, 19:49

Steering wheels are like controllers. They work with any game. Hell, I've played Sonic the Hedgehog with a steering wheel. :p

da tomb raider!
30-09-08, 19:51
Steering wheels are like controllers. They work with any game. Hell, I've played Sonic the Hedgehog with a steering wheel. :p

You can do that? Cool. :D

Legend of Lara
30-09-08, 20:04
You can do that? Cool. :D

It worked with Sonic Mega Collection. Not well, but it worked. :D

Sam The Man
01-10-08, 05:54

Yes it will be compatible with ALL your racing games including the upcoming Burnout Paradise. My friend has it and uses it on GTR2 for his pc AND GT5 Prologue as well as games like Colin Mcrae Dirt, Need For Speed, Gran Turismo 4, Motorstorm, F1 and any other racing game (PS2/3/PC)

like i said if you can afford it this is simply the BEST steering wheel setup on the market and you will be suprised to know that it is also compatible with some NON racing games!

Good to have a 5min laugh but trying to complete say Soul Calibre using the steering wheel is a bit hard :tea:

tizerist
01-10-08, 10:51
OK thanks.
I remember i was going to buy one for my SNES and some wheels were compatible with some games and some weren't. In other words, you had to do your research.

It seems they're prettty universal now though, which is good. :)