PDA

View Full Version : Uncharted or Heavenly Sword? Help needed!

James_Rutland
24-09-08, 21:11
Which one? :(

Aphrodite22
24-09-08, 21:12
i dont have a PS3 but if i had i would definitely buy Heavenly Sword :)

Smog
24-09-08, 21:15
Uncharted got generally better reviews...

TombRaiderCool
24-09-08, 21:15
Which one? :(

I take it both of these games are suited to you? You should research a bit about both of them; Price, gameplay, replay value ect. :wve:

TripOpt55
24-09-08, 21:18
I'd definately go with Uncharted. I own and liked both, but Uncharted is definately the better game in my opinion and I like it a lot better. I'd say if you can't get both, buy Uncharted as it's a bit longer and has more stuff to do when you're done (and as I said it's just a better game), and then rent Heavenly Sword which you can finish pretty quickly and there isn't much to do after that. This way you can enjoy both.

Dingaling
24-09-08, 21:19
Both should be on the Platinum/Greatest Hits titles now so if money allows you you can get both. If you really have to pick one or the other then go for Uncharted - great fun, great characters, great graphics :D. But Heavenly Sword is a gorgeous game as well so do pick it up somewhere down the line!

Zebra
24-09-08, 21:35
Both are great. It depends on what you like. If you like shooters and Jump'n Run than go for Uncharted. But if you want a great cinematic story and a wonderful female protagonist than you should buy Heavenly Sword.

But both games are really amazing. If you have the chance to you should get both. Or atleast lend the other one.

Heckler
24-09-08, 22:10
Heavenly sword was awesome!!!!
I loved when you shoot an arrow or throw something you can control it...Lovely!

Angelus
24-09-08, 22:34
Buy them both - they're about 15 each in the Platinum range.

retrodevil
24-09-08, 22:46
theyre both must buy games, but uncharted is definately the better of the two.. more varied gameplay and longer replay value :D

silver_wolf
25-09-08, 01:33
difficult choice, partly because they're completely different games. They're both great, though. I guess it comes down to: do you want to play as a treasure hunter with a Hollywood-quality story and acting and great gun fights, or as a sexy sword wielding girl with an equally great story and acting?

Rivendell
25-09-08, 01:45
Uncharted for the overall experience, HS for the characters. That's pretty much the only thing I really liked about HS was the characters and the cutscenes.
Uncharted was fun and kept my interest throughout.

:tmb:

AmericanAssassin
25-09-08, 03:31
Get both of them, but get Uncharted first. It's perfection! :tmb:

Tear
25-09-08, 04:03
Uncharted is definately worth it.

As much as I love Heavenly Sword, Uncharted is better than it in a lot of ways.
The only thing I really love about HS is it's scenes, because they're just beautiful and keep you wrapped up in the story.

Uncharted has everything and it's just amazing - you have to see for yourself.

ajrich17901
25-09-08, 05:52
Uncharted for the simple fact it didnt blow like the other game did. Go for uncharted you wont regret gettin that game its amazing.

_ush2_
25-09-08, 06:18
DEFINNITLU UNCHARTED!:ton:Uncharted has better graphics! only the cutscenes in heavenly sword look good! but still its a very nice game! and also get turok!

LegenDarY
25-09-08, 06:26
DEFINNITLU

LOL! Best version of the word I've seen so far.. lmao

Anyway, too be honest, I would get both.. cause you're comparing apples and oranges. Both games are completely different and have their own strengths. Personally, I thorougly enjoyed HS, because of the amazing combat system, I love that you can get away with button mashing, but at the same time are rewarded when you actually learn the combo's.. and it's really something I'd advice, cause the combo's are just mindblowingly beautiful!

On the other hand, Uncharted will probably take you more hours.. and has more replay value because you can unlock a ton of stuff and you get trophies, if that's your thing. But you do have to like shooters if you want to enjoy Uncharted, cause basicly your shooting your way through the game, with your occasional platforming parts.

Alex Fly
25-09-08, 09:59
Honestly, if I were you I couldn't resist to buy them both. :)

Legend of Lara
25-09-08, 10:14
Un. Chart. Ed.

Both are pretty gosh dang short (Heavenly Sword more so) but Uncharted is the better game. Unless you have a thing for smashing the square button. :p

EgyptianSoul
25-09-08, 11:04
I suggest you get both eventually but yeah, Uncharted is a better 1st choice. :)

john_york
25-09-08, 11:19
Both are great! I'd say Uncharted has more replayability (especially since the addition of trophies), but to be honest it's a hard decision to make!

Larapink
25-09-08, 11:24
I havwn't played any of those, but I think I would go for Unchanted. :)

I still don't own a PS3!:vlol:

Angelus
25-09-08, 11:41
I havwn't played any of those, but I think I would go for Unchanted. :)

I still don't own a PS3!:vlol:

Uncharted. :p

RAID
25-09-08, 12:59
Uncharted got generally better reviews...
Which proves that one should never rely on reviews. The game was extremely repetitive. 1 room, 20 mercs. Next area, 20 more mercs. etc...

Go with Heavenly Sword. Better plot, better animations, many moves and combos, actual challenge when it comes to fights (not annoyance)...most of the time.

ajrich17901
25-09-08, 13:19
Go with Heavenly Sword. Better plot, better animations, many moves and combos, actual challenge when it comes to fights (not annoyance)...most of the time.

HS was heavily repetative also after an hour of playin i got rid of it, its just like everything else out there a button masher.

Megalith
25-09-08, 13:29
Judging only from their demos i'd go for Uncharted as it was more fun to play.
And i usually don't like shooters (RE4 excluded.)

Samsdad
25-09-08, 13:33
I do not like button mashers so my recommendation is Uncharted. It is a lot of fun, but do not expect a TR type game from Uncharted. It is pretty much a TPS, with just about every characteristic that many folks detested in TRL; linear, white ledges, constant help reminders, very easy puzzles. It does have some very amusing chatter by the main protagonist.

b0bb13
25-09-08, 13:37
Which proves that one should never rely on reviews. The game was extremely repetitive. 1 room, 20 mercs. Next area, 20 more mercs. etc...

:tmb:
I still play HS almost every single day.:D
Haven't played Uncharted since the beginning of August or something like that.Not even to get all the trophies.:p

HS is a very good game.Everything that RAID said is very true.The story is well executed.The cutscenes are better than in most movies,and the voice acting is just amazing!The combat is simply fun.I tried to mash,but it didn't work.You have to remember a few good combos that work only in some situations and there are so many to choose from.I think there are like 100+ combos,including the very beautiful air-combos and superstyles.:)

Uncharted is just a cheap rip-off of almost every game and movie there is.http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

EDIT: BTW,HS is my favourite PS3 game yet.:D

Trigger_happy
25-09-08, 16:13
As mentioned, get both! I know that cheating, but do it! As they're Platinum now, they should be about 20 quid and they are easily worth it

ajrich17901
25-09-08, 16:18
As mentioned, get both! I know that cheating, but do it! As they're Platinum now, they should be about 20 quid and they are easily worth it

O_o Uncharted is still $44.99 here

dizzydoil
25-09-08, 16:26
Both are as good as eachother. It's upto you.

Me, personally, would get Uncharted to get ready for Underworld. :)

Poke Warrior
25-09-08, 16:46
None, both crap :D

da tomb raider!
25-09-08, 16:47
Both are repetitive mindless messes if you ask me, but if I had to choose one of them, I'd go for Heavenly Sword.

Larapink
25-09-08, 16:51
Uncharted. :p
Well I woke up around that time today, so my mind was not concentrating then. :p

igonge
25-09-08, 17:10
BOTH DAMMIT!:p

James_Rutland
25-09-08, 17:18
Both are repetitive mindless messes if you ask me, but if I had to choose one of them, I'd go for Heavenly Sword.

What game would you recommend then? :)

ajrich17901
25-09-08, 17:29

He said heavenly sword O.o

James_Rutland
25-09-08, 17:30
He said heavenly sword O.o

Yeah but he said both are messes, so I would like to see what game he thinks are better. :D

ajrich17901
25-09-08, 17:31
Yeah but he said both are messes, so I would like to see what game he thinks are better. :D

ooo have fun tryin to get him to say anything positive

Maddiegirl
25-09-08, 19:49
Both are pretty fun and both will keep you on your toes. Both use sixaxis, Heavenly Sword more so. Both are engaging. Both are linear. Uncharted might have the edge on gameplay if only because you can find the secret items. Heavenly sword is prettier. :)

ben croft
25-09-08, 20:38
My opinion is: Uncharted. Heanvely Sword is a crappy God of War rip-off, in my opinion.

:wve:

God Horus
25-09-08, 21:01
Heavenly sword was awesome!!!!
I loved when you shoot an arrow or throw something you can control it...Lovely!

I know but it was so unrealistic in that part when you control the arrow and make it go around corners and through the fire and the little crack in the wall.

da tomb raider!
25-09-08, 21:03

Heavenly Sword. ;)

ooo have fun tryin to get him to say anything positive

Want something positive? Alright then, ask me what I think of Tomb Raider III. :D

ajrich17901
25-09-08, 21:06
Want something positive? Alright then, ask me what I think of Tomb Raider III. :D

What did u think of TR3 lol:p

Zebra
25-09-08, 21:09
I know but it was so unrealistic in that part when you control the arrow and make it go around corners and through the fire and the little crack in the wall.

Oh, please! It's a video game! It's supposed to be unrealistic. It wouldn't be any fun if it was totally realistic.

My opinion is: Uncharted. Heanvely Sword is a crappy God of War rip-off, in my opinion.

Sounds like someone who has never played Heavenly Sword.

da tomb raider!
25-09-08, 21:15
What did u think of TR3 lol:p

Quite simply, it's the best game I've ever played. It's just superb in every aspect, from graphics to gameplay, AI to audio. There's a huge range of weapons, moves, and vehicles available, new and old, which, along with all the various traps and enemies throughout, make the game a hugely varied and fun experience. And then there's the storyline, which is highly cinematic and rather unpredictable the first time round. Tomb Raider III's definitely the peak of perfection in not only the Tomb Raider series, but gaming itself. Fantastic stuff.

Right, that's more than enough for one day, so I'll stop now. :p :D

ajrich17901
25-09-08, 21:17
Quite simply, it's the best game I've ever played. It's just superb in every aspect, from graphics to gameplay, AI to audio. There's a huge range of weapons, moves, and vehicles available, new and old, which, along with all the various traps and enemies throughout, make the game a hugely varied and fun experience. And then there's the storyline, which is highly cinematic and rather unpredictable the first time round. Tomb Raider III's definitely the peak of perfection in not only the Tomb Raider series, but gaming itself. Fantastic stuff.

Right, that's more than enough for one day, so I'll stop now. :p :D

That is a realy amazing critique O_O u should write more about games, and kick all the crappy games out there right in the teeth.

Blackmoor
25-09-08, 22:02
OMG, absolutely no doubt in my mind - get Uncharted.

I have both these games and Uncharted is awesome. Heavenly Sword... I'll get around to playing it someday, but I don't feel the need to finish it like I did Uncharted. Maybe it's because I've only played a couple of chapters of Heavenly Sword and so haven't seen the best of it yet, but I don't think so. It just doesn't grab you like Uncharted does. And the game controls you more than ever. The main character is limited in movement and everything, she just hacks and fights.

Dia2blo
25-09-08, 23:07
i have both, and frankly, uncharted is awsome. seriously.. BUY IT!!!

God Horus
26-09-08, 00:22
Oh, please! It's a video game! It's supposed to be unrealistic. It wouldn't be any fun if it was totally realistic.

Yes, it is supposed to be unrealistic, but you had so much control of an arrow! Oh well, at least it was fun! Especially the head shots! :jmp:

Rivendell
26-09-08, 00:49
I have both these games and Uncharted is awesome. Heavenly Sword... I'll get around to playing it someday, but I don't feel the need to finish it like I did Uncharted. Maybe it's because I've only played a couple of chapters of Heavenly Sword and so haven't seen the best of it yet, but I don't think so.

I felt pretty much the same way. It's a very 'samey' game from start to finish - I felt little motivation to finish the game after getting stuck on the final boss and deciding that I really didn't care.

But I still think that the cutscenes and characters are some of the weirdest, strangest, bizarrest, amazing and best characters out there in the video game world!

Wait 'til you get up to the cutscene between Nariko and the Snake-woman 'Whiptail'.
Wow. The banter, her movements, lines - it's unlike anything else I've seen in a game, it felt so real and bizarre at the same time.

J8y5BHPSBG0

(If anyone knows where to find the cutscene just after this with Nariko's own retort to 'It's so much better when you're angry, please share it! :D )
A shorter version of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcBMB0xaysg), really.

Uncharted just kept me from start to finish. Characters, cutscenes, story, animations, level designs, locations, combat, action, music.. It's all there.

:)

Zebra
26-09-08, 13:50
(If anyone knows where to find the cutscene just after this with Nariko's own retort to 'It's so much better when you're angry, please share it! :D )

Try nextgenwalkthroughs.com. There is a video walkthrough for Heavenly Sword.

Lee croft
26-09-08, 22:11
im near the end of heavenly sword its good but short just like uncharted there fun though :D uncharted is sceary though i wont say why

tomblover
26-09-08, 22:26
I prefer Heavenly Sword. Get it. It's short but totally sweet. :D

IceColdLaraCroft
26-09-08, 22:44
i LOVE Whiptail...I'd love to have the entrance music on Mp3, but i cannot find it

I think Heavenly Sword was well done. It's more than just Noriko, but Kai too. It has a lot or replay value.

tomblover
26-09-08, 22:55
I think Heavenly Sword was well done. It's more than just Noriko, but Kai too. It has a lot or replay value. I already have my next avatar. :D ^^

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/tomblover_2006/NarikoKaiHug.jpg

This, or something.

b0bb13
26-09-08, 22:56
^0_o

IceColdLaraCroft
26-09-08, 23:12
shhhh!

You've had your playtime...its Kai's turn now. I love that crazy little nymph.

tomblover
27-09-08, 09:46
^0_o They're just hugging. Don't make up stuff in your mind. :D

Oh what the hell, it does look suspicious. :p

b0bb13
27-09-08, 09:58
They're just hugging. Don't make up stuff in your mind. :D

Oh what the hell, it does look suspicious. :p

Looking at your current avatar doesn't help either.:p

James_Rutland
27-09-08, 10:45
Okay, I made up my mind.

Heavenly Sword. I will get Uncharted soon after though, so no worries Uncharted Fans. :D

Heavenly Sword just really catches my eye, in terms of story, characters, and everything else.

Trigger_happy
27-09-08, 12:09
Okay, I made up my mind.

Heavenly Sword. I will get Uncharted soon after though, so no worries Uncharted Fans. :D

Heavenly Sword just really catches my eye, in terms of story, characters, and everything else.

You won't be disappointed. Plus, Heavenly Sword seems really hard to find: it took me ages to get it at a good price, but Uncharted is everywhere.

ben croft
27-09-08, 16:05
Sounds like someone who has never played Heavenly Sword.

Actually I played the demo and I hated it.

James_Rutland
27-09-08, 20:12
Actually I played the demo and I hated it.

Maybe you hate it because you have not seen much of it. :)

b0bb13
27-09-08, 20:19

Maybe he hates it because he is a God of War fanboy?:p
But,imo HS is nothing like GoW.In HS you actually have to think when you fight.In GoW you can fight with your eyes closed.xD
But seriously,you made the right choice!:tmb:

Rivendell
27-09-08, 20:26
In HS you actually have to think when you fight.In GoW you can fight with your eyes closed.xD

I can't speak for GOW, since I've never played it - but as far as HS fighting/gameplay went, here's an impression of me playing it.

*MashMashMashMashMashMashMashMashMashMash*
*Level end*

;)

b0bb13
27-09-08, 20:50
I can't speak for GOW, since I've never played it - but as far as HS fighting/gameplay went, here's an impression of me playing it.

*Level end*

;)

I have played the CoO demo,and that's what I think about it.Mindless casual boring gameplay.In HS I could barely do what I did in that demo..:)

Rivendell
27-09-08, 20:51
I have played the CoO demo

*Dumb moment*

(What's CoO? :o )

b0bb13
27-09-08, 20:52
*Dumb moment*

(What's CoO? :o )

Lol.Chains of Olympus,the PSP game.:p

touchthesky
27-09-08, 20:53
I have Uncharted, but I havent played it.

From what I've seen, though, I'd reccomend that

krycekuva
27-09-08, 20:57
i have uncharted,.. and i would recommend you to wait until tomb raider comes out,.. or RE5, or prince of persia... or anything else...:/

Chris.Talg0
27-09-08, 21:08
i have both games and its hard to pick either one...........but i should just try them both and see which one you like the most. :D

ben croft
27-09-08, 21:10

Yeah that's what I thought. Maybe I give it a try later....

Blackmoor
28-09-08, 21:10

*Level end*

;)
:vlol:

That's a good impression. I swear my arm was getting worn out when I was playing.

I will go back to it one day because of the great story you and everyone else has mentioned, but I'm not racing to get there.

Rivendell
28-09-08, 23:13
I will go back to it one day because of the great story you and everyone else has mentioned, but I'm not racing to get there.

Bah, I won't say much for the story itself, for me I was more captivated by the characters, their dialogue and acting. :tmb: