PDA

View Full Version : game keeps freezing!?!

Golden lara
25-09-08, 15:32
can anyone help??

i have downloaded the upgrade for AOD but is still freezes im currently running on windows xp but have a proper gaming card :confused:

any help apreciated (sp)

thankyou :D

Anarae
25-09-08, 16:25
can anyone help??

i have downloaded the upgrade for AOD but is still freezes im currently running on windows xp but have a proper gaming card :confused:

any help apreciated (sp)

thankyou :D

Does the game freeze during general gameplay or at certain parts? If I had more detail about your problem I could assess it better.

By upgrade, you probably mean patch. You should install the V42 patch first, then install the V49 over top of it. Don't install the V52 patch because it causes more problems than it solves.

Also, check your settings. Click the game, when the Launch Menu appears (Run Game, Settings, Read Me, Exit) click Settings. Make sure your Frame Rate Compensation is set to Fast instead of Smooth.

LaraCroft90
25-09-08, 17:34
Is the V52 patch so evil?

igonge
25-09-08, 17:41

Very:mis:

LaraCroft90
25-09-08, 17:43
Like what? The only problem that I had was the Pizza trainer not working.

Anarae
25-09-08, 17:46

I don't recall the technical terms, but basically it causes more bugs and glitches than it fixes. It is highly recommended to use the V49 patch instead of the V52.

LaraCroft90
25-09-08, 17:50
I don't recall the technical terms, but basically it causes more bugs and glitches than it fixes. It is highly recommended to use the V49 patch instead of the V52.

Then, I shall unistall TRAOD and then install TRAOD and the V49 patch. Thanks for the info :)

Golden lara
25-09-08, 19:57
the games freezes whenever it likes :confused: and i think i did download the patch v 42 i think :hea::D

Golden lara
25-09-08, 19:59
nope i did download patch v 49 :p

Golden lara
25-09-08, 20:00
also when you speak to other characters they talk really fast likes its be fast forward ??:confused::(

LaraCroft90
25-09-08, 20:11
also when you speak to other characters they talk really fast likes its be fast forward ??:confused::(

Don't double post. There's a edit feature. I feel like a mod lol :D
Talk fast?

Golden lara
25-09-08, 21:23
oops sorry getting a bit carried away with the posts lol:jmp:

yeh the characters and lara talk fast in the cutscenes like a video being fast forwarded its difficult to describe:hea::D

KIKO
25-09-08, 21:31
Well your best option is to re-install the game, install it and then use patch v42 followed by v49 as said before. However if your game is a sold out version, it's already patched. So it's patch v52 already installed. Install v49 will do nothing then :o

Anarae
25-09-08, 22:02
Then, I shall unistall TRAOD and then install TRAOD and the V49 patch. Thanks for the info :)

You're welcome. If you need any saved game files (in case you were replaying and don't want to lose your progress), the files for the V49 patch are here (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/saves.html) at Tomb Raider Hub.

Here are the instructions:

Lara sounds like a chipmunk and talks very fast.
Update the sound card driver. Confirmed problem on the Realtek Sound chip. If this still doesn't work go to your Windows Control Panel (Start, Settings, Control Panel). Click Sound and Multimedia. Once you are in Sound and Multimedia Properties click the Audio tab. In the box Sound Playback click Advanced, choose the Performance tab and set the Hardware acceleration from Full acceleration to Basic acceleration or No Acceleration.

Taken from the FAQ at Tomb Raider Hub (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/faq/tr6.html).

Larapink
25-09-08, 22:20
AOD is notoriously known for game problems, such as glitches etc...

There isn't a way for it to run perfectly, without any flaws. If that was the case then AOD would have been a good game, but it isn't. :p

Golden lara
25-09-08, 23:02
ok thanks guys hve now sorted out laras chipmunk voice:D and uninstalled patch v49 and all seems to be working ok so far :jmp:

thank you:p

spikejones
25-09-08, 23:41
AOD is notoriously known for game problems, such as glitches etc...

There isn't a way for it to run perfectly, without any flaws. If that was the case then AOD would have been a good game, but it isn't. :p

this is pretty much true. but its still a good game. shame that the game crashed out on me during Strahov level. I had to download a savegame meself to recover from that. luckily there was a savegame starting out at the precise location that my game decided to keel over at.

UNfortunately, it didnt have the same "rewards" or rather "useless items" that I had previously collected in the game.... it didn't have the golden watch that I had won off of the boxing trainer.