PDA

View Full Version : LittleBigPlanet

Samsdad
26-09-08, 18:29
Here is a hands on review of LBP. It sounds very intriguing

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2113

But I wonder about the part whare they comment the level design is difficult. I know from talking with friends that making good levels is not an easy thing to do. Those that have worked with TRLE can probably comment to that point.

Now the big attraction of LBP is being able to create your own levels and share them, but I fear that there are going to be a lot of really poorly design levels flooding the net.

I suspect that LBP will sell very well, if nothing more than a curiosity factor, but I wonder just how many are really going to be turned off by its complexity.

Dingaling
30-09-08, 22:05
I've heard that the level design is pretty easy. Of course there will be quite a lot of duff levels - there always is with these types of things - but there will be a helluva lot of creativity with some levels. Some have already made Mario levels using the Level Editor (lucky BETA folk!), OPM UK made a TR-like level and Sony themselves used the game to show off facts and figures at their E3 conference.

With anything though, I guess while the LBP level creation tool can be easy, to make anything truly complex and creative you'll need to put some effort into it.

Taylour
30-09-08, 22:59
I'm really excited about this game (honestly, almost more than TRU, don't tell anyone). I think it will be a breath of fresh air in the gaming industry and maybe spur more creative titles and less generic first person shooters that seem to be plaguing the market.

I'm sure there will be quite a few bad levels, but it'll be like youtube. Sure there are bad videos, but there are some really amazing ones too :D

toxicraider
01-10-08, 16:43
Can't wait, i think this will definitely keep me entertained until underworld's released, and probably much longer.

clicky (http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/3861.html)
i'm not sure what would be in the demo, maybe they would only limit the levels to creation and ones on the disk?

Kiss-Bite
01-10-08, 16:51
I'm very much looking forward to this title & I desperately want a small soft toys of LittleBigPlanet characters!:D There's going to be a special edition, maybe it'll include a plush sack character!:cln:

Larapink
01-10-08, 16:51
I like this game, but I don't have a PS3 yet. :(

b0bb13
01-10-08, 17:11
I like this game, but I don't have a PS3 yet. :(

:hug:At least you'll have Gears 2.Not as cute,but still a good game.:)

SackCroft and TR levels FTW!:cln::D
I've been trying to get in the beta since last week.No luck yet.:(
Hopefully the beta will be open to all PS3 users.:)

interstellardave
01-10-08, 19:12
I saw a special on X-Play about LBP... it convinced me to get this game when it comes out. It looks like great fun.

Dingaling
01-10-08, 19:13
I saw a special on X-Play about LBP... it convinced me to get this game when it comes out. It looks like great fun.

You mean the cuteness of Sackboy himself did not do that? I'm shocked at you iDave. You can love Squazzils but not Sackboy?

Squazzils are still the best!

lovechin
02-10-08, 10:42
I've pre-ordered LBP today and I'm really looking forward to this one :jmp:
Sackboy ftw!

interstellardave
02-10-08, 11:25
You mean the cuteness of Sackboy himself did not do that? I'm shocked at you iDave. You can love Squazzils but not Sackboy?

Squazzils are still the best!

Squazzils are cool, but Pretztails might be my favorite. I have to play #2 a lot more though; a newer variety may take the lead... :)

Voni
02-10-08, 14:32
I would LOVE to get my hands on this if it weren't for the fact I don't own a PS3. Dammit.

:BitterSweet:
02-10-08, 14:57
Ditto, I would love to have this as a game, but sadly, no PS3. :(

And the sackboys are too cute!! It's the reason why I got into the game in the first place. :o

TripOpt55
03-10-08, 05:12
I'm actually in the beta for this game, it's really sweet. I'm pretty sure there is no problem with me talking about it (they are other places so why not), so, if anyone has any questions I could probably answer them. The pre-made levels are pretty fun and it has real simple controls. Some people already have some really cool levels up online. Two I really liked were takes on the game Shadow of the Colossus and on the TV show Ninja Warrior. I have this one level almost done, so, I should have it up soon. It's done content wise, I just want to spruce it up a bit presentation wise. It's nothing too special, but it's my first one, so, I've been still learning. It's a bit tricky to control the creation portion at first, but once you get the controls and you get the hang of the physics to the game, you can do some pretty cool stuff. There's plenty of stuff I didn't even know you could do. There isn't much for character customization in the beta, but I think that's because you have to unlock it by playing the in-game levels and there is only 3 I think plus a minigame in the beta. It's also fun co-op, I tried it with my brother. I can't wait to have some friends over to try it four-player.

Anyway, I was going to buy this the day it came out and I'm even more excited now that I've played it. I also have my Nariko and Kratos codes for when it comes out too so that should be cool. I'd like to try and make some other characters too.