PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live will be offline tommorow

Gladous
28-09-08, 22:18
http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/09/23/xbox-live-service-maintenance.aspx

:(

tranniversary119
28-09-08, 22:20
Won't really affect me :D Will affect my brother and dad though, I won't tell them they can find out for themselves

Gladous
28-09-08, 22:25
Won't really affect me :D Will affect my brother and dad though, I won't tell them they can find out for themselves

:p You're such a sneaky snake! :vlol:

MyRaider4Life
29-09-08, 01:01
It is for the new system update :D

Mad Tony
29-09-08, 06:02
It's only a day. Doesn't really bother me. Besides, I've got Ace Combat 6 to play. :)

Archetype
29-09-08, 12:52
It is for the new system update :D

preparation for the system update ;)

Immortalis08
29-09-08, 15:50
Just got a 360 and Live membership. What system update? Is it that whole new avatar thing they are doing? Damn, oh well its just one day, even though yesterday was my first time playing on LIVE. :o

Fish.
30-09-08, 00:31
^ ^ It's preparation for the new Dashboard. It's supposed to run faster and look cleaner. I wonder if they finished yet? I'm getting impatient! I can't wait to play with my new goodies! :D

tranniversary119
30-09-08, 00:35
^ ^ It's preparation for the new Dashboard. It's supposed to run faster and look cleaner. I wonder if they finished yet? I'm getting impatient! I can't wait to play with my new goodies! :D

I don't think we'll be getting it yet? I thought not for a while..

KC Mraz
30-09-08, 00:38
NXE (the "new Xbox experience", the avatars, the new dashboard and that stuff) is not coming out until november. This was just a preparation for that update...

.... and I can't wait for it! I think it'd be interesting if they do make a Big Brother game using the avatars :D

Fish.
30-09-08, 00:41
I don't think we'll be getting it yet? I thought not for a while..
No, Xbox Live sent everyone a message on Friday night, warning us that it will be down tonight, for new upgrades, for 18-24 hours.

It must still be down, I can't sign in to xbox.com. :(

Oops, didn't read this post yet :o
NXE (the "new Xbox experience", the avatars, the new dashboard and that stuff) is not coming out until november. This was just a preparation for that update

Immortalis08
30-09-08, 03:45
Can anyone connect to LIVE yet? I can logon to xbox.com, but im having problems running it, something about insufficent MTU (even though mine passes the minimum requirements) :confused:

MyRaider4Life
30-09-08, 09:00
Is the update automatic becuase my brother does not want to change it. :mad:

thanatos
30-09-08, 09:30
Is the update automatic becuase my brother does not want to change it. :mad:

Some people don't like change, no matter how good it is. Tell him to deal with it, or if you feel like being more constructive inform him the slides will still be there when you press the guide button.

Orionvalentine
30-09-08, 09:33
I don't use live, nor do I have gold. Is there no way that I can get this update offline, like a CD or something from Micro$oft?

Plus I only have an Arcade edition 360, so no internet cable thingy :\

thanatos
30-09-08, 09:48
I don't use live, nor do I have gold. Is there no way that I can get this update offline, like a CD or something from Micro$oft?

Plus I only have an Arcade edition 360, so no internet cable thingy :\

Live went down purely to improve the live experience (new servers, probably getting ready for the update and for the onslaught Gears 2 will bring to the service.)

When the dashboard update comes you should be able to download it onto disc from the net, just like you can with backwards compatibility updates. You really should at least get Silver though, do you not have internet in your home?

Grenade
30-09-08, 09:49
Oh so that's why I wasn't able to sign in yesterday! Almost though I was losing the plot.

Orionvalentine
30-09-08, 10:02
Live went down purely to improve the live experience (new servers, probably getting ready for the update and for the onslaught Gears 2 will bring to the service.)

When the dashboard update comes you should be able to download it onto disc from the net, just like you can with backwards compatibility updates. You really should at least get Silver though, do you not have internet in your home?

I have the internet, but the 360 Arcade didn't come with internet connectivity cables or anything. So I'll have to buy the add ons that cost upward of about 60 quid, that I can't really spare right now. Sad huh? :p

jackali
30-09-08, 10:06
Ah, didn't really affect me, since I can't get online on my 360 here in university accommodation anyway. Oh well.

thanatos
30-09-08, 12:46
I have the internet, but the 360 Arcade didn't come with internet connectivity cables or anything. So I'll have to buy the add ons that cost upward of about 60 quid, that I can't really spare right now. Sad huh? :p

Just buy an ethernet cable, don't cost much. If you go into a privately owned computer shop it only costs a couple of quid to get even a really long one made. Bit more awkward than the wireless adapter since you need to have the cable going into the router but a lot cheaper if you can't afford the wireless adapter at the moment.

matrix54
30-09-08, 12:52
Can't wait. Im gonna make a Lara avatar!! WOOTNESS!

MyRaider4Life
30-09-08, 23:17
Is anybody able to log back in to X-Box live yet?

Lenochka
30-09-08, 23:49
I did earlier today, downloaded the PURE demo xD (Which is great fun, btw )

MyRaider4Life
01-10-08, 00:14
I did earlier today, downloaded the PURE demo xD (Which is great fun, btw )

has anything changed on the dashboard or was it just preperation

Immortalis08
01-10-08, 04:31
I didn't notice any real changes, it was probably just preparation.

Lenochka
01-10-08, 06:00
^
Yeah, I didn't notice anything different.

Immortalis08
01-10-08, 06:47
Some people were having problems signing into xbox live about an hour ago. Everything is running fine again now though.

Mad Tony
01-10-08, 19:05
Some people were having problems signing into xbox live about an hour ago. Everything is running fine again now though.I'm still having problems signing into it. Is anybody else experiencing this?