PDA

View Full Version : Resident evil 2 remake

Nenya awakens
29-09-08, 01:35
Popular Japanese gaming bulletin board, 2ch, has posted information on what looks to be a brand new remake of fan favourite Resident Evil title, Biohazard 2. For now, the posting lists the following features for the game, which will be released exclusively on Nintendo Wii. The details were alledgedly published in the latest Famitsu.

Full Remake akin to Biohazard on the Gamecube.
Some parts consist of Resident Evil 4 viewpoints
New knight like ("swordsman") creature shown
Additional story elements will be implemented

NB: It is unknown yet whether or not this is 100% confirmed

If its true hopefully we'll get a gamecube version or a ps3 xbox 360 version aswell.

Camera Obscura
29-09-08, 01:40
Again with the Wii exclusives. Why do companies continue to waster their time with the wii. Sure it has the motion sensored Wii-mote but that's all it's got to its name. I guess this is another promising game that won't make it's way into my hands.

Though I hope a RE2 remake will be a true remake like the original RE was. :)

Tomb Raider 5194
29-09-08, 01:58
I really really hope its not a rumor! :jmp: But if they do it, I don't think they should limit it just for the Wii.

Isaac
29-09-08, 02:14
Again with the Wii exclusives. Why do companies continue to waster their time with the wii. Sure it has the motion sensored Wii-mote but that's all it's got to its name. I guess this is another promising game that won't make it's way into my hands.

Though I hope a RE2 remake will be a true remake like the original RE was. :)

Even if Wii is weak, it has a lot of potential, and I don't talk about the motion capture...

By the way, anti-Wii I guess? ;)

EgyptianSoul
29-09-08, 02:16
Oh I certainly hope that it's true. :)

Game devs are "wasting" their time on the Wii because it's the console that is selling best (except for Nintendo DS of course but that's just a handheld). Money, money, money... :cool:

oocladableeblah
29-09-08, 03:12
I hate how Nintendo gets all the re remakes make it for all platforms capcom would make a lot more money that way.

Isaac
29-09-08, 03:23
I hate how Nintendo gets all the re remakes make it for all platforms capcom would make a lot more money that way.

And I hate it how it gets ONLY remakes while the other consoles get all sort of new Resident Evil game (like RE5) ;)

Resident evil 4
Resident evil 0
Resident evil 2
Umbrella Chronicles - Remakes of all the games in some sort of crappy shooting game...

Where's the good Resident Evil 5 in that list?

oocladableeblah
29-09-08, 03:26
And I hate it how it gets ONLY remakes while the other consoles get all sort of new Resident Evil game (like RE5) ;)

Resident evil 4
Resident evil 0
Resident evil 2
Umbrella Chronicles - Remakes of all the games in some sort of crappy shooting game...

Where's the good Resident Evil 5 in that list?
RE0 isn't a remake and the gc got re4. It was supposed to only be on gc, but they later released it on ps2 and pc. Still all the re games should be released on all consoles.

Isaac
29-09-08, 03:40
RE0 isn't a remake and the gc got re4. It was supposed to only be on gc, but they later released it on ps2 and pc. Still all the re games should be released on all consoles.

They're remaking RE0 on the Wii, as they did with RE4 and they'll do with Rebirth (and now, maybe 2). Only remakes on Wii...

It's a good thing that the Wii gets at least something worth being exclusive.

Natey168
29-09-08, 03:43
If this turns out to be true, and if it's Wii exclusive, then there's no doubt that I'm getting a Wii. Unless they ruin it and make it RE4-esque...Oh, who am I kidding, I'll get it anyway. I have no self-control. xD

Survival
29-09-08, 06:43
They're remaking RE0 on the Wii, as they did with RE4 and they'll do with Rebirth (and now, maybe 2). Only remakes on Wii...

It already came out.

corey01
29-09-08, 07:26
awesome..hope its true:)

thanatos
29-09-08, 08:36
RE2 was one of my favourite games of its generation, I really hope it's true, although I'm keeping a sceptical mind for now to avoid disappointment.

They didn't remake 0 or 4, they are ports with extras.

Nenya awakens
29-09-08, 11:05
i hope its just not for the Wii, i just told peter and he asked if it was going to be fast paced like RE4 as thats the only one he likes playing because he finds the other ones to slow..

i think maybe the game could do with some resident evil 4 moments, i would love to see it with a resi 4 camera that would be interesting!

Voni
29-09-08, 11:13
I loved RE2 so I really hope this'll happen. I don't think it'll stay exculsive to the Wii for long though. I mean, come on, they'll make more money flogging it on every console possible, ala Tomb Raider! :p

disneyprincess20
29-09-08, 11:16
Please let this be true, please let this be true, please let this be true....

interstellardave
29-09-08, 11:17
Oh well, I just sold my Wii... this is a game that should be on the 360 and PS3--with all the "bells and whistles" anyway.

disneyprincess20
29-09-08, 11:28
It already came out.

When? Did it only come out in America?

Survival
29-09-08, 12:50
When? Did it only come out in America?

Four months ago I guess... I´m 100% sure it´s out in europe too though :).

disneyprincess20
29-09-08, 13:19
I can't find it on any of the online retailers... will keep looking. Thanks!

I seriously hope this is true though, can you imagine how scary some of the creatures are going to be?! The Alligator in the sewers, Dr Birkin, Mr X... I can't wait!! :D

Titanium
29-09-08, 13:21
Ooo that would look good. Although the scene in the gun shop where the man gets raided by all them zombies would look interesting next gen. :p

Isaac
29-09-08, 13:22
It already came out.

In Japan I guess?

petujaymz
29-09-08, 13:24
The N64 version Resident Evil 2 was my very first RE experience.

Loved it.

Some areas of the police station were a little tedious; too much backtracking.

Remakes tend to address these kind of issues.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this rumour's 100% true.

:wve:

disneyprincess20
29-09-08, 13:28
Ooo that would look good. Although the scene in the gun shop where the man gets raided by all them zombies would look interesting next gen. :p

Or the bit in the police station where all the hands come through the window as you walk by....

The N64 version Resident Evil 2 was my very first RE experience.

Same!

Survival
29-09-08, 13:40
I can't find it on any of the online retailers... will keep looking. Thanks!

I seriously hope this is true though, can you imagine how scary some of the creatures are going to be?! The Alligator in the sewers, Dr Birkin, Mr X... I can't wait!! :D

Wait a minute I was talking about RE0 on Wii not RE2 (Just to make sure we´re talking about the same game):).

Nenya awakens
29-09-08, 14:07
OFF TOPIC

has anyone seen the uncut startup video for the original resident evil.. its really Gory :eek:

_GyOYaDHquE

also do you think they might incorporate anything from RE 1.5 into the mix?? they could mybe have a shortend version as a mini game or something??

QXnymHTvHrE

doesnt some fan own the only version of it?? and he refused to spread it around

Isaac
29-09-08, 14:16
Resident Evil 1.5 is the same scenario of Resident Evil 2, with different characters and monsters (and area). William still searches Sherry and the girl (player) try to protect her...

They could add some scene idea, even an unlockable outfit from the woman in RE 1.5, but I really doubt we will get to play more of it...

Company would make so much money if they sold their beta version... There's so much beta version of games that I would pay to play them ._.

disneyprincess20
29-09-08, 14:19
Wait a minute I was talking about RE0 on Wii not RE2 (Just to make sure we´re talking about the same game):).

Yeah I'm talking about RE0 on the Wii. I can't find it on any of the online retailers (play/amazon etc) but I'll keep looking for it. I can only find it on the GC. :)

Nenya awakens
29-09-08, 14:20
i would have like to play with Elza aswell..

if u look at the above video you can see how different the police station would have looked!

Survival
29-09-08, 14:28
Yeah I'm talking about RE0 on the Wii. I can't find it on any of the online retailers (play/amazon etc) but I'll keep looking for it. I can only find it on the GC. :)

That´s weird... I can´t find it either but I am sure there were reviews and videos of the Wii version! I remember reading other people´s opinions and how far they are in the game etc!

EDIT: I must be crazy...
http://www.rehforums.com/forum/viral-research/1347-resident-evil-0-wii-8.html

Sorry :D

Legend of Lara
29-09-08, 14:30
*mind control mode*

Remake RE3... remake RE3!

Did it work? :D :p

Anyway, I needs to gets a Wiis. :p

TR freak
29-09-08, 14:37
This will be good if they dont bring back the problems the RE series had before RE4 came along. It should use the RE4 camera and controls instead of the old style. You should also have the ability to drop any item at will. Going back and forth to the item box in the older Resident Evils was so annoying. They should also ditch the ink ribbons and make it so you can save at any and every typewriter without having to worry about how many ink ribbons you have. RE2 is my fav RE besides RE4 so if this is true I'm really lookng forward to it.

Isaac
29-09-08, 14:41
This will be good if they dont bring back the problems the RE series had before RE4 came along. It should use the RE4 camera and controls instead of the old style. You should also have the ability to drop any item at will. Going back and forth to the item box in the older Resident Evils was so annoying. They should also ditch the ink ribbons and make it so you can save at any and every typewriter without having to worry about how many ink ribbons you have. RE2 is my fav RE besides RE4 so if this is true I'm really lookng forward to it.

Disagree. RE4 (and RE5) might be the worst Resident Evil game I know.

Why?

Let see. From Resident Evil 1 to 3, going throught 0 and Code Veronica, the game was a fully third person survival horror game...

Then came RE4, full of explosions, action, shooting. It got transformed in a Hollywoodian action game full of stereotypes and cliché with a bit of horror (I've been more stressed than scared...). And the same seems to go with Resident Evil 5... But I hope I'm wrong.

I don't like the camera system from RE4-RE5. It doesn't make the game a "proper" survival horror... But more like a shooting game.
I prefer to be able to see the complete room and move my character in it instead of its back and being surrounded by ennemies.

Nenya awakens
29-09-08, 14:49
Disagree. RE4 (and RE4) might be the worst Resident Evil game I know.

Why?

Let see. From Resident Evil 1 to 3, going throught 0 and Code Veronica, the game was a fully third person survival horror game...

Then came RE4, full of explosions, action, shooting. It got transformed in a Hollywoodian action game full of stereotypes and cliché with a bit of horror (I've been more stressed than scared...). And the same seems to go with Resident Evil 5... But I hope I'm wrong.

I don't like the camera system from RE4-RE5. It doesn't make the game a "proper" survival horror... But more like a shooting game.
I prefer to be able to see the complete room and move my character in it instead of its back and being surrounded by ennemies.

i have to say i prefer the new camera and i have been a fan from the start!
the fixed camera angles got on my nerves. i love what they did with resident evil 4, i just hated the story

TR freak
29-09-08, 14:59
Disagree. RE4 (and RE4) might be the worst Resident Evil game I know.

Why?

RE4 might be less of a survival horror, but that doesn't stop it from being my favourite RE by a million miles and in fact my second fav game of all time. Plus it is possible to keep the fear of the old games and still have the RE4 camera and controls. In terms of fun the older RE games weren't really all that good imo. They had a good atmosphere, but the gameplay wasn't the funnest thing in the world. Plus as far as atmosphere and fear goes the older RE games aren't as good as Silent Hill imo. However I do prefer the RE gameplay to Silent Hill. I think the RE2 remake should have the fun of RE4 and the atmosphere of the older games. To do that all they have to do is change the camera and have the ability to drop items at will and take away ink ribbons.

disneyprincess20
29-09-08, 15:03
So they aren't porting it to the Wii?! I'm confused! :o Sorry!

corey01
29-09-08, 15:03
RE4 might be less of a survival horror, but that doesn't stop it from being my favourite RE by a million miles and in fact my second fav game of all time. Plus it is possible to keep the fear of the old games and still have the RE4 camera and controls. In terms of fun the older RE games weren't really all that good imo. They had a good atmosphere, but the gameplay wasn't the funnest thing in the world. Plus as far as atmosphere and fear goes the older RE games aren't as good as Silent Hill imo. However I do prefer the RE gameplay to Silent Hill. I think the RE2 remake should have the fun of RE4 and the atmosphere of the older games. To do that all they have to do is change the camera and have the ability to drop items at will and take away ink ribbons.

i really thought resident evil 4 was an amazing game might not have been as scary as they used to be but hey..still a great game..and probably the best replay value in any game ive ever played

Isaac
29-09-08, 15:15
As a game yes, Resident Evil 4 was good.
As a Resident Evil, no, it wasn't.

My opinion.

ajrich17901
29-09-08, 15:25
This better be coming out on PS3 if its true, seriously this is the game that got me into horror games. This better be true ive been waiting forever for a remake of this!

And yes people RE4 sucked deal with it. It wasnt resident evil.

TR freak
29-09-08, 18:11
This better be coming out on PS3 if its true, seriously this is the game that got me into horror games. This better be true ive been waiting forever for a remake of this!

RE4 is amazing and one of the greatest games of all time. Deal with it.

CroftScionGuard
29-09-08, 18:19
Different persons, different opinions. Deal with it.

RE4 is a big change in the RE series. All others were about zombies and viruses. RE4 isn't.

Legend of Lara
29-09-08, 18:21

Resi 4 is an amazing game...

...but a horrific Resident Evil. Yes, it didn't feel like Resi at all. Kinda like what Legend is to TR, in a way. :p

ajrich17901
29-09-08, 18:25

Bwahaha when i hear that i cant help but laugh my ass off :p
RE4 shouldnt have been called RESIDENT EVIL for the simple fact it aint RE.Deal with it.

Survival
29-09-08, 18:34
I don´t mind some changes RE4 made with the gameplay. What I mind is utter stupidity that is present in the game itself and infects not only numerous gameplay elements, story, script and characters but also switches the entire genre of the series that basically made the genre popular.

What I hate about RE5 is that not only it´s carbon copy of RE4 with some updated graphics but it also takes plot points, characters and events from previous games and presents them as if they were new. Does CrAPCOM really think we´re that stupid and blind?

Angelx14
29-09-08, 18:36
^agreed about RE4 there.
I really really hope its not a rumor! :jmp: But if they do it, I don't think they should limit it just for the Wii.

Agreed. Just like they did with Fatal Frame 4 :rolleyes: Hopefully it will also come for other gaming platforms. Hopefully it is true.

RE4 is a big change in the RE series. All others were about zombies and viruses. RE4 isn't.

Which is totally lame. I hate how they brought some crazy cult in. Game was cool though.

Survival
29-09-08, 18:42
Excellent article about Survival Horror is here...
http://kotaku.com/5056008/does-survival-horror-really-still-exist

Everyone should read it it´s great stuff :)

Angelx14
29-09-08, 18:49
Excellent article about Survival Horror is here...
http://kotaku.com/5056008/does-survival-horror-really-still-exist

Everyone should read it it´s great stuff :)

You're repeating yourself XD

Tomb Raider 5194
29-09-08, 20:36
If they ever remake RE2 I would not mind if they use a sort of RE4 game play + Original game play or something similar. But I don't believe they should stray away much from what the survival-horror game RE2 really was and turn it much like RE4 to appeal much better to Western audiences. In other words, the suspense factor -- ink ribbons, lack of bullets and all that sort of stuff, should be there. Even if they might have been a bother lol. :p

I can just imagine all the things they might implement, if they make a remake, to make the game more action paced and so. :pi:

silver_wolf
29-09-08, 20:55
This better not be a Wii exclusive. Wii is crap, I don't want to buy it just to play one good game. REmake was amazing and the perfect opportunity for people my age to experience games they missed.

Isaac
29-09-08, 21:16
This better not be a Wii exclusive. Wii is crap, I don't want to buy it just to play one good game. REmake was amazing and the perfect opportunity for people my age to experience games they missed.

What a constructive comment. :rolleyes:

I think we will get back the old gameplay system... They kept it when they remade Resident Evil 1. So I don't see why they wouldn't with Resident Evil 2.

TR freak
29-09-08, 21:32
Different persons, different opinions. Deal with it.

Exactly my point. Notice what the person I quoted said and what I said? Well I pretty much did exactly what you just did to my quote. ajrich17901 cant seem to accept that people do like RE4.

CroftScionGuard
29-09-08, 21:49
Exactly my point. Notice what the person I quoted said and what I said? Well I pretty much did exactly what you just did to my quote. ajrich17901 cant seem to accept that people do like RE4.
okay, AJ was saying RE4 isn't an RE at all because of the RE factors missing, all those and others. He didn't say you can't like it, he just stated his opinion.

Let's move forward and forget this point of like/dislike RE4

Fallen.Angel
29-09-08, 23:20
I hope its true, but i hope it wouldnt be limited to the WII.

Lara.Jolie7
30-09-08, 05:00
Zombies or not I still like RE

The T-virus change the person into a zombie
The other virus (RE4) make a kinda Zombie more smart and make the game more exiting! They can run, trow things....

# Re2 remake

Ooooooooo
Why this exclusivity thing? I do like to play it in Ps2 or other

Yuna´s Wish
30-09-08, 05:31
Damn Wii :mad:

:p

Well, anyway, I wouldn´t believe this just like that.

Nenya awakens
30-09-08, 13:07
seeing raccoon city with resi 4's camera would be so amazing, i want to see people running away from zombies, getting eaten, screams in the distance explosions, windows smashing!! they could throw a few crimson heads in, mr x could be a bit more aggressive!!

ooooh the possibilites are endless

Taylour
30-09-08, 19:06
Making horror games for the Wii sounds really... wrong.

matrix54
30-09-08, 19:32
unless its done re0 / REmake style im all for it. oh, and they port it to better consoles like re4. (still waitin the for the remake and re0 ports)

God Horus
30-09-08, 20:03
OMG! I loved RE2! Ada and Leon are my favourite!!! :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

silver_wolf
30-09-08, 21:30
I actually think that it could work really well if they had a sort of hybrid of RE4 and the other ones. All throughout RE4 I was thinking how awsome it would be to fight hordes of normal zombies and crimson heads using that system.

matrix54
30-09-08, 21:41
I actually think that it could work really well if they had a sort of hybrid of RE4 and the other ones. All throughout RE4 I was thinking how awsome it would be to fight hordes of normal zombies and crimson heads using that system.

camera angles like before and aiming like resident evils. and complex puzzles and backtracking is a must...

silver_wolf
30-09-08, 21:43
that would work!:D

Tombreaper
30-09-08, 23:53
A remake? hmm, only for the next gen consoles, PS3/X360.

Jo269976
01-10-08, 21:07
Title exclusives are a retarded idea, just a way for people to go out and buy a console for once specific game.

Everyone should get their own enjoyment from playing it on whichever console they own.

Make it for the Wii, Xbox 360 and the PS3 so everyone's happy.

Plus...Resident Evil 2 was released exactly ten years ago yesterday!

CroftScionGuard
01-10-08, 21:16
Make it for the Wii, Xbox 360 and the PS3 so everyone's happy.
And PC too ;)

yesrushdt
02-10-08, 00:27
Resident Evil 2 was released exactly ten years ago yesterday!
Actually the original for Playstation was released January 1998 here in the U.S (June of '99 in Europe). I remember beating it in a couple days. That was a walk in the park compared to TR2.:)

Nenya awakens
02-10-08, 15:30
which claire do you want them to use in the remake? would your prefer the Code Veronica claire or the Degeneration claire? i dont no about you but i can see a big difference in the two.

http://i33.************/2d82rlg.jpg

http://i35.************/1h8cwy.jpg

http://i36.************/dfh7kl.jpg

digitizedboy
02-10-08, 15:38
I doubt it could compete with the magic it had the first time it was released though. just my opinion mind you..

Rivendell
02-10-08, 18:17
Plus...Resident Evil 2 was released exactly ten years ago yesterday!

Wow, I remember getting the demo. Good times. :)

Legend of Lara
02-10-08, 18:34
Making horror games for the Wii sounds really... wrong.

Escape from Bug Island agrees. :p

*hopes for eventual PS3 release* Wishful thinking. :D

RAID
03-10-08, 04:51
If it really is Wii exclusive, I really hope it's just a rumor!!!

Jo269976
03-10-08, 18:23
And PC too ;)

PC too :)

CroftScionGuard
03-10-08, 18:25
PC too :)
well, I have intentions to get one PS3, but till then I'll use only the PC, that's why I said that

Jo269976
03-10-08, 18:29
well, I have intentions to get one PS3, but till then I'll use only the PC, that's why I said that

Resident Evil 2 was arguably the most popular of the entire franchise, it's safe to say that if this is true, a multi-platform release would be very possible.