PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about Pure???

TRfan9294
30-09-08, 03:08
Hey guys:wve:. Just wanted to hear your opinions in this game. I got it recently for my PC and so far I'm having a hard time with the controls:hea:, they are so far apart and I just can't seem to get the preloading right:((and I've been playing with a keyboard my whole life). Other than that the game is cool, graphics are awesome as well and the tricks rock but it really needs to be played with a controller. PC users, beware!

P.S. Feel free to close if it's been posting already:).

gtkilla
30-09-08, 03:13
I played the 360 demo and it was awesome. :D I might consider getting it.

TRfan9294
30-09-08, 03:20
Cool:). Are the tricks easy to land on a controller?

gtkilla
30-09-08, 03:28
^ Yeah, they were pretty simple. Although, I can imagine how frustrating they'd be on PC. :o

KC Mraz
30-09-08, 04:14
Pure has had a lot of publicity around here. magazines, Xbox.com and... Disney Channel (:pi:)

oocladableeblah
30-09-08, 04:34
I said this to someone on the forums (but on psn) I can't believe it is made by Disney :D (maybe not made, but you get what I mean)

Alex Fly
30-09-08, 10:11
Hey I've received my copy yesterday and I started to play it. I have the PC version.

I couldn't imagine playing it on my keyboard so I decided to use directly a joypad, but even with a joypad I had some difficulties to understand clearly how to do the figures. But now that's ok.

The figures you can do are amazing and the graphics superb. :)

TRfan9294
30-09-08, 12:43
Hey I've received my copy yesterday and I started to play it. I have the PC version.

I couldn't imagine playing it on my keyboard so I decided to use directly a joypad, but even with a joypad I had some difficulties to understand clearly how to do the figures. But now that's ok.

The figures you can do are amazing and the graphics superb. :)

Yeah the tricks are awesome:D! First time I've played game like this and I'm really enjoying it:).

Taylour
30-09-08, 19:04
I downloaded the demo on my PS3, and I liked it. I'm not into the whole 'totally awesome!' thing they have going on. They also played that stupid "Woman" song which is the most annoying song (and of course it's in every "totally Xtreme!" video game).

Overall, I think I might get it when I price drops to maybe $30 or so :)

VonCroy360
30-09-08, 20:01
They also played that stupid "Woman" song which is the most annoying song (and of course it's in every "totally Xtreme!" video game).

lmao :vlol: I know exactly what you mean. Annoys the hell out of me as well. :hea:

I have played the PS3 demo, I liked it a lot and I'll probably get it someday, there's just a lot of games higher on my list at the moment. :)

irjudd
05-10-08, 00:44
Tried the (PC) Demo tonight. Wow are those loading times long! Graphics are awesome, trick system is exactly how I'd want it. I mapped the controls to my PS2 controller so it'd match SSX3 and it feels just right.

Are the loads in the retail version any better? Its really my only concern with it.

Alex Fly
05-10-08, 09:52
No, unfortunately it's one of the bad points of the game. I don't know for the other versions but the loading times in the PC version are a little bit annoying. I hope a patch will be released soon to fix the problem.

b0bb13
05-10-08, 11:09
A friend of mine has it for PC and he also said that the loads are annoying.I've only played the PS3 demo and the loading times were very short.The game is really enjoyable,but I'm not paying $60 to just make tricks on ATVs.Motorstorm 2 FTW!:D:p

irjudd
05-10-08, 13:54
If they can patch up what the excessive loading, I can see myself buying this game. I'm generally pretty patient as far as loading, but when it exceeds 1 full minute I begin going crazy.

Alex Fly
05-10-08, 14:02
I heard they are very long in the demo but don't worry, in the PC version they doesn't take 1 minute. The longest is just the one where you see a screen with just the logo PURE in big on the middle with mountains in the background (when you load the game and just after a race), this one takes something like 15/20 seconds.

TRfan9294
05-10-08, 14:50
I heard they are very long in the demo but don't worry, in the PC version they doesn't take 1 minute. The longest is just the one where you see a screen with just the logo PURE in big on the middle with mountains in the background (when you load the game and just after a race), this one takes something like 15/20 seconds.

Yeah that one is the longest. Arrgh, the controls are driving me crazy! I have to land the tricks while my sister does the driving, it's the only way to win freestyle races on this keyboard:hea:.

irjudd
05-10-08, 15:06
Yeah you really need to get a gamepad.