PDA

View Full Version : help me pleasee

wayne1881
30-09-08, 13:34
i just bought my ps3 and it works and everything but the screen wont show up the leads are plugged in and everything can anyone help me please?

Legend Killer
30-09-08, 13:58
Shooting from the hip here as I'm not familiar with the PS3's setup, but does your TV have multiple inputs there? Video-1,-2,-3, for example?

wayne1881
30-09-08, 14:00
Shooting from the hip here as I'm not familiar with the PS3's setup, but does your TV have multiple inputs there? Video-1,-2,-3, for example?

yep it dont work and everythings plugged in and it works just the screen dont come up

spikejones
30-09-08, 14:09
double check power connections as well as A/V connections, what type connections are you using?

if component, make sure you are running video to video, not video to audio.

could you describe the setup you have, what plugs into what?

wayne1881
30-09-08, 14:13
double check power connections as well as A/V connections, what type connections are you using?

if component, make sure you are running video to video, not video to audio.

could you describe the setup you have, what plugs into what?

well i got the power cable obv lol and i got the other one you know with the red yellow and white thingys that plug into the back of the tv thats all plugged up do you know what i mean?
do i need something else aswell maybe?

spikejones
30-09-08, 14:16
yellow = video
red = right audio
white = left audio

are those connections in the proper places and fully inserted (as well as the end of data cable at back of PS3)?

wayne1881
30-09-08, 14:17
yellow = video
red = right audio
white = left audio

are those connections in the proper places and fully inserted (as well as the end of data cable at back of PS3)?

yeah its all plugged up the screen just wont show up

spikejones
30-09-08, 14:26
can you post a picture of the connections at back of television?

wayne1881
30-09-08, 14:28
i dont think i can post i think i did it before and i got banned

demonslayer
30-09-08, 14:32
the ps3 may be set to output its video through hdmi... is the ps3 brand new? if it is not and someone else has used it, it may have been set this way

wayne1881
30-09-08, 14:33
the ps3 may be set to output its video through hdmi... is the ps3 brand new? if it is not and someone else has used it, it may have been set this way

its preowned, how do i change the output thing

demonslayer
30-09-08, 14:54
When you're turning on the console, hold your finger on the ON button for about 5 seconds and that will reset the console back to the default settings which is to have it comming through RGB. Which is the yellow, red and white cable you described. After that you should get a picture. You can then go into the settings menu and change the aspect ratio and whatnot for if you have a widescreen TV etc. If you have any problems let me know. :)

wayne1881
06-10-08, 14:51
When you're turning on the console, hold your finger on the ON button for about 5 seconds and that will reset the console back to the default settings which is to have it comming through RGB. Which is the yellow, red and white cable you described. After that you should get a picture. You can then go into the settings menu and change the aspect ratio and whatnot for if you have a widescreen TV etc. If you have any problems let me know. :)

:) got it working my sis did it for me lol thanks you lot !