PDA

View Full Version : Rebellion fastest growing developer in 2008, says Times

Jin Uzuki
01-10-08, 02:22
Rebellion, owner of Core Design assets and staff, has found its way to being recognized as the fastest-growing computer games developer in 2008 by Times.

THE SUNDAY TIMES TECH TRACK 100: REBELLION FASTEST GROWING COMPUTER GAMES DEVELOPER IN 2008

Rebellion is the fastest growing computer games developer according to The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 2008, the official ranking of Britain’s fastest-growing private technology, telecoms and digital media companies.

Reaching a respectable placement of 83 with its first appearance in this influential report, this recognition builds on Rebellion’s long-term aim achieved earlier this year; being named Europe’s No.1 Independent Developer in Develop magazine’s 2008 DEVELOP 100 games development studio ranking.

Jason Kingsley, CEO and Creative Director says, “We strive to develop innovative, exciting and quality games. Reaching No.1 in Europe this year was a great achievement for everyone at Rebellion, but to now be named as the fastest growing games developer in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 in the same year, is very special. Our successes this year are testament to the hard work all our teams put in every day.”

Chris Kingsley, CTO adds, “With this milestone, 2008 could well be our best year so far, but we are staying firmly focused on the future. Our further expansion programme is well underway and we are working on exciting projects across the board. There’s definitely more to come from Rebellion!”

Rebellion was also one of six companies chosen by Tech Track 100 for a selected profile in the official Tech Track 100 Research Report.

Rebellion stood out with its 42.67 per cent growth and 11m in annual sales in the past year (up from 2004′5’s 4m). Catherine Wheatley of the Sunday Times, writes “This year’s survey of the fastest-growing private technology firms shows that they are likely to go on flourishing even as the economy turns down,” a sentiment the Kingsley brothers firmly agree with.

interstellardave
01-10-08, 11:08
What games did they put out during the year???

Also, "fastest growing" often means that you started out really low... the article isn't clear on any of that though.

Endow
01-10-08, 11:43

b0bb13
01-10-08, 11:58
The only games I know released by them are Free Running and a shooter for the Wii,lol.:p
Can't wait to see more from them and Crush-Digital's Lindsay project.:cln:

Jin Uzuki
01-10-08, 12:10
I myself am not sure what made them qualify as being called "fastest-growing", but here are some games they have made recently.

James Bond: From Russia with Love (2006 PSP)
Dead to Rights: Reckoning (2006, PSP)
GUN Showdown (2006, PSP)
Rogue Trooper (2006, PC, Xbox and PS2)
Miami Vice (2006, PSP)
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre (2006, PlayStation 2)
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron (2007, PSP)
Free Running (2007, PlayStation 2, PSP)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007, PSP)
The Simpsons Game (2007, PlayStation 2, PSP, Wii)
Aliens versus Predator: Requiem (2007, PSP)

Here's a link (http://www.rebellion.co.uk/) to their official website. More info there.

interstellardave
01-10-08, 12:17
Maybe that's why... it's quite a few games... a lot of them are ports, however... they must do a pretty good job of it, though.

Rivendell
01-10-08, 13:14
They're about to release Shellshock 2, too. Should be one to look out for. :tmb:

Samsdad
01-10-08, 13:18
The list seems to be mostly PSP. I have played Rogue Trooper which was an OK shooter but nothing special.

Zebra
01-10-08, 13:48
The list seems to be mostly PSP. I have played Rogue Trooper which was an OK shooter but nothing special.

Yep. And most of those games are only ports.

tranniversary119
01-10-08, 14:20
Cool I guess, I'd like them to do an adventure game are is that the other company thats working on a Lara Croft type of game?