PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DSi

TR FAN 18
02-10-08, 13:32
Nintendo has confirmed it will start selling a new version of its handheld DS console in Japan this Christmas with a UK launch likely early next year.

The dual-screen Nintendo DSi will come with a camera, digital music player and improved wireless internet.

Thinner than the current model with a bigger screen, it will go on sale in Japan on 1 November 1 for 18,900 yen, or about 102.

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata said the new DS camera will let players edit photos using a basic paint programme and then share those files with friends.

More Info: BBC Newsbeat Technology (http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/technology/newsid_7647000/7647998.stm)

So what release date does that mean for the UK? Mid 2009?
Also, I bet it will be some stupid price like 150.

Legend of Lara
02-10-08, 13:34
AGH! Nintendo, NO! You're supposed to be the sensible company that focuses on the GAMES, not the multimedia trap that Sony keeps falling into!

Alex Fly
02-10-08, 13:48
I saw it, this new version of the DS looks nice. :)

KC Mraz
02-10-08, 13:49
iWould buy it if the music player feature is nice, if not i may stick with the DS lite :)

thanatos
02-10-08, 14:02
WOAH, now I can play my crappy casual games with TWO touch screens, what a revolution!

digitizedboy
02-10-08, 14:25
I'll stick with my average DS. Personally I've no need for them new features on a portable gaming device.

tranniversary119
02-10-08, 14:53
Eh, I might buy a DS not so sure yet.

petujaymz
02-10-08, 15:43
New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS and Dr Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain?

They're the only games I'd buy for a DS. Dunno if I'll bother waiting for the DSi.

:wve:

Dark Lugia 2
02-10-08, 16:25
It looks butt-ugly imo o.0 i'm so disappointed. :( theyre supposed to make games consoles, not a pda :p

Tombreaper
02-10-08, 16:51
Another too expensive nintendo handheld.
And the TR games still are crap.

toxicraider
02-10-08, 16:52
WOAH, now I can play my crappy casual games with TWO touch screens, what a revolution!

there's only one touch screen :)

and yeah i don't like what nintendo is trying to do here, maybe they just need to focus on games instead of more models.

Edit; Oh there's no gba slot, that sucks :(

Zelda master
02-10-08, 17:41
And the TR games still are crap.
Isn't that the fault of Eidos and not Nintendo:rolleyes:

Dman but i really feel screwed here, i didn't buy a DS to buy a year later a DS Lite, i didn't buy the DS Lite to buy three years later a DSI, whats the point, there are to many negative aspects to this machine, no GBA Slot well then how the hell am i supposed to play Guitar Hero now? 0.3 MP, Why 0.3 even my Samsung E900 had a 2 MP camera and that was almost 4 years ago, and now were going to get even more crappy gimmick games for the DS using this camera feature, its bullcrap, Nintendo shouldn't have made a totally different version of the DS, they only should have made it better... NOT WORSE!
And for the love of god, NINTENDO ADD A SCRATCH RESISTEND SCREEN FOR ONCE!!! MY DS SCREEN IS INCREDIBLE SCRATCHED AND IM EVEN BEING EXTREMLEY CAREFULL!!! >.<

Dark Lugia 2
02-10-08, 18:24
^ my ds lite has like no scratches on the screen, i thought it was scratch proof?

and aaa, I probs will buy one anyway LOL :s even though it looks... plain:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/images/news/cont_TS_02_black.jpg
to
http://www.newlaunches.com/entry_images/0706/12/ds02.jpg

KC Mraz
02-10-08, 18:28
I like how the DSi look, i don't like my 'gadgets' too glossy. I hate how some laptops are so shinny you just see your reflect instead of what's on the screen :S

Legend of Lara
02-10-08, 18:35
^ my ds lite has like no scratches on the screen, i thought it was scratch proof?

and aaa, I probs will buy one anyway LOL :s even though it looks... plain:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/images/news/cont_TS_02_black.jpg
to
http://www.newlaunches.com/entry_images/0706/12/ds02.jpg

The DSi looks so... cameraphone-ish and blocky! I'm sticking with my plain DS Lite. I do NOT need these extra pointless gadgets... I already have a PSP for that. :p

LaraCroft90
02-10-08, 18:39
TR games are crap. And I can't belive that thing is stronger than a PS1. :hea:

Legend of Lara
02-10-08, 18:43

?
You don't like TR games?
And you're bothered by that?
:confused:

KC Mraz
Damnit!

Speaking to North American press in San Francisco this morning, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime said that the camera-toting, music-playing DSi won't be coming to our shores for quite some time.
Fils-Aime said they wouldn't be bringing the DSi to North America until late 2009 because they want to continue selling the DS throughout the holiday season.
He said that the music and camera functions are not meant to rival the iphones, but rather supplement game play. The onboard imaging software is meant to be a "fully interactive camera for your everyday life."
The music songs are stored on the SD card in AAC so you can transfer between the PC. The DSi will have built in software that lets you speed up or slow down songs, change the pitch, and filter tracks. So you can do things like isolating the lyrics. You can also record your voice as a track and mess around with it.
The DSi actually has two cameras built into it, one on the outside and one inside, centered on the hinge.

http://kotaku.com/5058137/dsi-not-bound-for-us-until-well-into-next-year

So i guess i'll go with the DS lite :)

digitizedboy
Oh there's no gba slot, that sucks :(

I second that.

LaraCroft90
02-10-08, 18:55
?
You don't like TR games?
And you're bothered by that?
:confused:

On the DS, duh.

Night Crawler
02-10-08, 19:03
I upgraded from my old DS Phat to a Lite because of the improved lighting but I won't be upgrading to this one since it doesn't offer anything new which I would be bothered about. I already own a digital camera, and slightly larger screens I can live without.

illuminati30
02-10-08, 19:16
Oh for **** sake, i have just upgraded to a DS lite! :mad:

Tombreaper
02-10-08, 19:29

That's because the PS1 is more powerful than the DS.

TR FAN 18
02-10-08, 20:48
"Fils-Aime said they wouldn't be bringing the DSi to North America until late 2009"

So, does that mean 2010 for the UK?! :mad:

ben croft
02-10-08, 20:56
It's nintendo bringing more smiles to more faces!!!

:p

Tihocan9
03-10-08, 01:29
Oh for **** sake, i have just upgraded to a DS lite! :mad:

Oh, but isn't that the joy of gaming you spend a ton of money on the latest thing and then a month later something new comes out and you aren't able to use more money to buy it.

Anyway, I will stick to my old regular DS, I have no reason to switch it it, I have a camera and an MP3 player no reason to combined them.

Benguitar
03-10-08, 02:08
AH!!! Too much video game system updating!!!!

I like watching Apple update their stuff every *week* year, and anything more is too much!!!!

petujaymz
03-10-08, 14:22
I upgraded from my old DS Phat to a Lite because of the improved lighting but I won't be upgrading to this one since it doesn't offer anything new which I would be bothered about. I already own a digital camera, and slightly larger screens I can live without.

A larger screen you say? Maybe that's a reason for me to wait for its release.

:wve:

luis54321
03-10-08, 14:38
This is silly, what will they do next make a smaller version of the wii? this is stupid I just bought a DS lite:hea: