PDA

View Full Version : Drake Uncharted#2 - The sequel for 2009?

paulwork
02-10-08, 16:37
Maybe this is old news, but it could be something to be happy about in 2009. Apparently, a second Drake Uncharted game is planned for 2009.:jmp:

Anybody know more about this? Apart from Wikipedia and a few games sites, there's very little info I can find.

toxicraider
02-10-08, 16:47
I heard about this on n4g, but the link had no info on it :(

Smog
02-10-08, 17:05
It's in production, I think. I've just finished the first game and was suitably impressed, so it'll be a must-buy for me. :)

Keiewii
02-10-08, 17:16
Yeah it is obviously in production , I loved the first one , and can't wait for the second ;)

Rivendell
02-10-08, 18:07
Haven't read anything else about it other than it's in the works.
I'm really looking forward to it though. UDF was a great laugh and an entertaining story. :D

Endow
02-10-08, 18:30

CroftScionGuard
02-10-08, 19:22
When the first Uncharted came out, it was said they were working on the second uncharted game
Curse you Hennig for wasting your time with pulp fiction!
LMAO!

*gets LOK playing moments in memory*

da tomb raider!
02-10-08, 19:23
Just thinking about all those spanking new invisible walls gets me excited.

ajrich17901
02-10-08, 19:34
I cant wait uncharted was the only game i can stand on ps3 so far!!:jmp::jmp:

daventry
02-10-08, 19:37
Aaw, another TR like Game not for the PC. :hea:

Imagine the Chaos if Tombraider started to be for Ports only and not for the PC no more, i would go insane. :p

toxicraider
02-10-08, 19:38
Aaw, another TR like Game not for the PC.

it was like legend, whether you like that or not i dont know :)

daventry
02-10-08, 19:40
Drake Uncharted had Glowing Walls with Hints everywhere and a Person yapping in your Ear constintly with White Ledges, then keep your Uncharted Games for the Ports then ;)

da tomb raider!
02-10-08, 19:48
I wouldn't say Uncharted is similar to any Tomb Raider game. It's a third-person-shooter for a start...

Rivendell
02-10-08, 19:51
Drake Uncharted had Glowing Walls with Hints everywhere and a Person yapping in your Ear constintly with White Ledges, then keep your Uncharted Games for the Ports then ;)

Keep those things out of TR and I couldn't care less.. It's its own game, it's not TR - it's establishing its own ground. That's what sort of game it is. It's not supposed to be overflowing with atmosphere (though it'd be nice), it's not supposed to present mentally hard puzzles (though it'd be nice). That's what TR is for.

Uncharted is more like Legend than TR, but a lot better than the former.

toxicraider
02-10-08, 19:56
Keep those things out of TR and I couldn't care less.. It's its own game, it's not TR - it's establishing its own ground. That's what sort of game it is. It's not supposed to be overflowing with atmosphere (though it'd be nice), it's not supposed to present mentally hard puzzles (though it'd be nice). That's what TR is for.

Yeah

and it does have some obvious ledges, hints, you are forced to look in the journal giving away the complete solution for most of the puzzles, and there is somebody else around a lot of the time :)

but it's better than legend.

Dingaling
02-10-08, 19:57

Ding ding bloody ding. Why do people not understand Uncharted is not Tomb Raider so these things are not things we're bothered by. It's a different game series. These things in Tomb Raider bother us but not Uncharted.

I explained this numerous times when the game first came out. Uncharted =/= Tomb Raider.

Otherwise, great news about the sequel :tmb:.

dizzydoil
02-10-08, 20:02
I'm super happy and can't wait. :D Although all the games coming out these months.. I could still be busy with them, when Uncharted#2 comes out! :p

Dingaling
02-10-08, 21:58
*ahem*

Uncharted film being made (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/02/avi-arad-producing-uncharted-drakes-fortune-film/).

When did this happen? And it seems to be an adaption of the game's storyline and not an entirely new one.

Rivendell
02-10-08, 22:00
:jmp: Sweet!

I want Nathan Fillion to play Nathan Drake, I'm always reminded of him when I see Nate.
:D

Agent 47
02-10-08, 22:04
:jmp: Sweet!

I want Nathan Fillion to play Nathan Drake, I'm always reminded of him when I see Nate.
:D

get the guy who voices Drake given he's an actor anyway :D

Zebra
02-10-08, 22:14
*ahem*

Uncharted film being made (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/02/avi-arad-producing-uncharted-drakes-fortune-film/).

When did this happen? And it seems to be an adaption of the game's storyline and not an entirely new one.

That is great news! Now they'd just need to make a Heavenly Sword movie and I'd be really happy (okay for being really happy there'd also have to be a second season of Moonlight :D).

get the guy who voices Drake given he's an actor anyway :D

Well...he doesn't look like Nate that much. And from what I can tell he seems pretty busy with video games anyway. He's voicing the Prince of Persia for the new PoP game for example.

Agent 47
02-10-08, 22:23
That is great news! Now they'd just need to make a Heavenly Sword movie and I'd be really happy (okay for being really happy there'd also have to be a second season of Moonlight :D).

Well...he doesn't look like Nate that much. And from what I can tell he seems pretty busy with video games anyway. He's voicing the Prince of Persia for the new PoP game for example.

who cares about looks? it's the voice that matters. :D

lookalikes don't work for me as they seem forced and cheesy. plus the guy looks likes your average joe :D i don't need a star name in the lead role

oh and a HS film would be interesting :jmp:

oocladableeblah
02-10-08, 22:26
ooo a movie that sounds cool. Can't wait to see some screen shots or more info.

Rivendell
02-10-08, 22:47
Hopefully it'll be properly announced next week at the Tokyo Games thingy. :D

oocladableeblah
02-10-08, 22:48
Think it will be similar to the game or a different story?

Kiss-Bite
02-10-08, 22:48
I really enjoyed Uncharted so I'll be looking forward to this!:D

Agent 47
02-10-08, 22:51
Think it will be similar to the game or a different story?

did you click and read the link? :vlol:

LaraCablara
03-10-08, 00:45
Just thinking about all those spanking new invisible walls gets me excited.

This is 2008, pretty much every game will have an invisible wall in one way or another.

I wouldn't say Uncharted is similar to any Tomb Raider game. It's a third-person-shooter for a start...

Tomb Raider is an adventure game that takes place in third person, and you shoot things, you just shoot a lot more in Uncharted

Every post by you is always bashing something, Tomb Raider related or not.

Zebra
03-10-08, 00:50

No. It's an Action-Adventure game. Just with more focus on action than on adventure.

oocladableeblah
03-10-08, 02:45
did you click and read the link? :vlol:

Nope, why does it say?

TripOpt55
03-10-08, 04:48
I'm guessing a new Uncharted game will be out in Fall 2009, though I'd rather they do a new Jak game first.

As for the movie, I'd be a bit worried. I mean it was a great story in game form already, do we really need a movie of it. I feel like they'll mess it up. I mean I love Uncharted, I'm just not sure I want a movie of it. I either hope they stay really true to the original story or they'd be better off just doing a different story altogether. I'll hope for the best though and would definately watch it.

RAID
03-10-08, 05:08
I hope it's bigger than the first, with less fighting. #1 was way too repetitive and predictable.

lovechin
03-10-08, 17:50
I've played Uncharted just for the sake of playing it.
Everyone was talking about how great this game is and it caught my interest.

Well...
The only thing I enjoyed was the awesome score by Greg Edmonson. U:DF focused imho too much on action and less adventure.
But I guess I'll buy U2 ... one day.

Tear
03-10-08, 23:18
I can't wait. Uncharted is one of the best games overall that I've ever played.

Zebra
03-10-08, 23:37
I hope it's bigger than the first, with less fighting. #1 was way too repetitive and predictable.

I hope we'll be able to go underwater. It REALLY annoyed me that you were not able to dive in UDF. And I hope that Elena won't lose here camera again. I'd like to see her documentation as a little bonus or something :D. Would be cool.

RAID
04-10-08, 06:55
^ Underwater swimming. That's a good point.

Also the gunoplay needs to improve. It was a pain to aim in #1. Less mercs, more monsters, and puzzles. More interaction, and no invisible walls.

Lee croft
04-10-08, 12:21
did anyone have a problem not that this is inportant but... has any one got a problem with elanas hair on mine it dont load and her hair is yellow and not that realistic and has no flow too it where as she is supposed to have brown hair i dont no why but it bugs me alot

Rivendell
04-10-08, 12:53
Elena's blonde. She had brown hair in earlier concept art, but it's supposed to be yellow/dirty blonde.
I did notice that it has no physics though, and hopefully that would be something they fix in the sequel if she, or any other females are present.

:tmb:

illuminati30
04-10-08, 13:07
Not really that fussed about it :pi: I hope they take it in a new direction, because it was very repetitive and short, and gears of war like.

FinalRequiem
04-10-08, 15:28
I would love it, and would definately buy it when it comes out.
The parts that were in the dark (the little flashlight done nothing to help that) were scary, and would be a welcome return in any tombs, but i would want less mercs and maybe more wildlife or different creatures to kill :)

Swimming would be nice to.

Zebra
04-10-08, 15:39
did anyone have a problem not that this is inportant but... has any one got a problem with elanas hair on mine it dont load and her hair is yellow and not that realistic and has no flow too it where as she is supposed to have brown hair i dont no why but it bugs me alot

She is supposed to be blonde. There are some early renders and screenshots where she has brown hair. But that was changed later.

Agent 47
04-10-08, 16:51
either i'm missing something or some people are effectively asking U2 becomes a TR clone

that'll go down well i'm sure.........NOT