PDA

View Full Version : Uncharted (the movie)

glitterpaws
03-10-08, 11:45
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/02/avi-arad-producing-uncharted-drakes-fortune-film/

I don't know why but I think it's a pretty cool idea and i'm looking forward to it :D what about you all?

Endow
03-10-08, 12:24

trXD
03-10-08, 13:07
Well this is going to turn out awfull.

Whats next? The sims? *someone whispers in ear*... oh, my, god.

Zebra
03-10-08, 13:18
For heaven's sake, would someone please stop this trend?!

Wait until you see the movie. It might turn out terrible. But it might be good.

Samsdad
03-10-08, 13:26
Well the game was scripted like a b-level Hollywood adventure flick so it makes sense.

LegenDarY
03-10-08, 13:27
Well to be honest, if one game has the potential to actually turn out good on the big screen, it's Uncharted. I mean the game is practically a movie in itself. Plus they don't have to much with CGI cause there's not much in the game that's unrealistic, except for the few monster things at the end.

It would be much harder to translate games like Dragonball Z or Tekken to movies. Dragonball Z has all these crazy powers that are not likely to look realistic (not to mention the hairstyles).. and Tekken doesn't have a a real story, except for the Jin, Kazuya, Heiachi and devil gene storyline.

RAID
03-10-08, 15:31
I wonder how many mercs will be in the movie :whi:

Poke Warrior
03-10-08, 15:34
Wow, another crap movie -.-

Smog
03-10-08, 15:41
The game has a very movie-friendly plot, so there's no need for jiggery-pokery on the front. It would make perfect sense to do a carbon copy of the script and characters, something which couldn't be done with a lot of other game-movies. While I can't think of a single game-based movie that's been any good at all, this one might actually have some potential if done right. A lot more than the Metal Gear Solid movie. There's no way that won't be terrible.

EgyptianSoul
03-10-08, 16:06
Ugh. Another film based on a game. Why do they keep doing this crap. Soon every game will be made into a movie and every movie into a game. :cool: I can already feel the cold chill...

Zebra
03-10-08, 16:11
Well to be honest, if one game has the potential to actually turn out good on the big screen, it's Uncharted.

No. I think Heavenly Sword has more potential than Uncharted to get a good movie. Because the developers actually intended the experience when playing the game to be like you're playing a movie. And the story is just amazing. It's nothing like any movie I've ever seen.

Endow
03-10-08, 17:08

Zebra
03-10-08, 17:13
I'm not saying it will be a bad movie, I just don't understand the need to translatem something which already has the motion element, into a movie. Books are "just" words. Comics are "just" words and images. But games already convey motion and words and images and everything else....with interactivity as the cherry on top of the cake. I'm not against game -> movie conversions, but enough already. And they don't even pick the games with the best plots....can't talk much about Uncharted, since I haven't played it, but the vast majority of other conversions were based on games with bad excuses for a plot...

While I do understand what you mean I don't agree with you. Games and movies are completely different. In a movie the story is (or better should be) what everything is built around. In a game the story is mostly just a nice little addition that keeps the action going.

Endow
03-10-08, 17:27

Zebra
03-10-08, 17:37
According to...? Don't start me on this debate because it's something I'm very passionate about. Movies started as mere thrill rides where people were happy to see trains moving left and right and seeing women drinking tea. They evolved into a story-driven medium much like books were first used solely as catalogs or notes and evolved into a story-driven medium. Storytelling has no boundaries. A painting can be just a sign telling the bathroom is to your left or it can be a work of art telling a story.

Maybe you haven't played any story-driven games but I have played quite a few and know they exist.

Of course they exist. And games are currently in the process of becoming more story-driven. But at the moment most games still have the story just as an addition to the gameplay. And I doubt there will ever be a proper game where the gameplay and everything else is built around the story. A game's focus will always be the gameplay and nothing is going to change that.

Endow
03-10-08, 17:41

AmericanAssassin
03-10-08, 20:22
Oh. My. God. :jmp: Yay! I'm sooooo excited. UDF is perfect movie material. :tmb:

Thorir
03-10-08, 21:36
Indiana Jones has been made...:(

dizzydoil
03-10-08, 21:41
Indiana Jones has been made...:(
I'm sorry. This annoys me. How is 'Nathan Drake' Indiana Jones? .. He isnt, nor does the story relate to anything Indiana Jone'sy'.

TRhalloween
03-10-08, 21:52
Oh no...

oocladableeblah
03-10-08, 21:57
Well this is going to turn out awfull.

Whats next? The sims? *someone whispers in ear*... oh, my, god.

Actually I heard they are in fact making a sims movie. Which I have no clue how that is going to work watch people basically live kind of like reality shows, but one that actually has reality in it and not just a bunch of people yelling at each other 24/7.

A UDF movie sounds good I'll wait for trailers and such to judge the movie.

dizzydoil
03-10-08, 22:12
Actually I heard they are in fact making a sims movie. Which I have no clue how that is going to work watch people basically live kind of like reality shows, but one that actually has reality in it and not just a bunch of people yelling at each other 24/7.

It's said it's going to follow the scenarios witnessed in 'Sims 2 Stories' - the laptop friendly Sims 2 games. :) I think, if done correctly, could be an awesome comedy :tmb: Scary Movie 3 writer is writing it. So we're in for a 'scare'. :mis:

oocladableeblah
03-10-08, 22:20
It's said it's going to follow the scenarios witnessed in 'Sims 2 Stories' - the laptop friendly Sims 2 games. :) I think, if done correctly, could be an awesome comedy :tmb: Scary Movie 3 writer is writing it. So we're in for a 'scare'. :mis:
I haven't played the sims 2 stories. Are they good and what are they about?

dizzydoil
03-10-08, 22:22
What is The Sims Life Stories?
The Sims Life Stories is the first release in an all-new PC product line called The Sims Stories. All releases in The Sims Stories line offer two fun ways to play, directed Story mode and open-ended Classic mode, and are designed with laptop-friendly controls that let you play even when you're on the go!

In The Sims Life Stories, play through Riley's life story as she returns home to start a new life with new friends, new experiences, and unexpected surprises. A second story lets you sort out the love life of Vince, a love-struck high-tech whiz who's been unlucky in love so far.

Also available in The Sims Stories Line: The Sims Pet Stories challenges your Sims to care for and train loveable but unpredictable pets, while The Sims Castaway Stories helps your Sims make a new life in an unexplored island paradise.

How is this game different from The Sims or The Sims 2?
The big difference is the addition of the new directed Story mode, laptop friendly system specs, and the ability to play the game in a separate window while using your own IM and email to stay connected with friends.

The Sims Stories games are standalone games and do not support expansion packs or stuff packs from The Sims or The Sims 2 collections.

What is directed Story mode?
The new directed Story mode allows you to easily take your Sims through a unique and entertaining storyline full of romance and dramatic twists. You even unlock cool rewards along the way as you achieve set goals.

In The Sims Life Stories, you can choose to play through two different stories. Start off by playing through Riley's life story as she returns home to start a new life with new friends, new experiences, and unexpected surprises. A second story lets you sort out the love life of Vince, a love-struck high-tech whiz who's been unlucky in love so far. After you've completed all the story goals you can continue the drama in open-ended Classic mode.

What does 'Laptop Friendly' mean?
Laptop-Friendly means that The Sims Stories can be played on both laptops and desktops. The game doesn't require a video card and the controls have been designed specifically for the laptop with an auto-pause function where you can start and stop the action when you open and close the lid. Although the game runs on both desktops and laptops, one of our main priorities was to design a game that could be played in a separate window while you IM and chat with friends.

Why did we decide to create a version of The Sims that is laptop friendly?
Over the years we've heard from fans & potential players that they want a way to play The Sims on their laptops and to enjoy a more accessible experience. More people are using laptops as their primary computer at home, college or work in order to stay connected. We saw potential to reach out to this group of gamers by adapting The Sims to their needs and lifestyle.

Do I need The Sims or The Sims 2 to play it?
The Sims Stories games are standalone games and do not support expansion packs or stuff packs from The Sims or The Sims 2 collections.

Is this a Sims 2 Expansion Pack?
No, this is an entirely new game.

Will I be able to upload or download content from the Exchange?
No, the Exchange was created for The Sims 2 game and The Sims Stories are standalone games and as such will launch with a separate website and downloadable content.

I want to know ...
The Sims Stories website has been launched, please check TheSimsStories.com (http://thesimsstories.com/) for the latest updates.

:pi: I suppose the movie will take the same concept, and express like a 'religion' in which the player is god, or what not.

Megalith
03-10-08, 22:35
Movies to games= Fail.
Games to movies=Double fail.

Whatever happened to movies based on original stories/concepts?
Is Hollywood affraid on trying new things?

Tear
03-10-08, 22:56
Well, because its Uncharted it obviously has potential, but I have a strong feeling that it will turn out like ****.

peffect
03-10-08, 23:02
Cool idea?! *:confused:/:mad:*

Encore
03-10-08, 23:04
Ugh. Another film based on a game. Why do they keep doing this crap. Soon every game will be made into a movie and every movie into a game. :cool: I can already feel the cold chill...

Oh the promiscuity! :D

I guess this is the same reason why they keep remaking movies, basing on books, or super-heroes.

Absolute lack of creativity.

Night_raider
03-10-08, 23:20
.....There is already a movie based on "Uncharted" it's called "Indiana Jones"

dizzydoil
03-10-08, 23:28

Have you played Uncharted? Do you know the story? .. Ah, right. Indiana Jones doesnt fit the bill, except he's male, and raids tombs. :pi:

Zebra
03-10-08, 23:35
Oh the promiscuity! :D

I guess this is the same reason why they keep remaking movies, basing on books, or super-heroes.

Absolute lack of creativity.

That is because almost everything has already been done in some sort of way.

glitterpaws
04-10-08, 12:52

:S I think you a bit confused Indiana jones is not based on Uncharted...

Anyway I never thought so many would be against the idea of uncharted as a movie, when I read the the news I was literally jumping around the room because I really loved the game, Althought it may turn out a total flop and effect how many people buy the next game or something but who knows yet:)

TRhalloween
04-10-08, 13:10

Hence why he said

*someone whispers in ear*... oh, my, god.