PDA

View Full Version : Level editors???

larafan25
03-10-08, 23:54
So I have been searching everywhere for a good level editor that is not tomb raider and I have had alot of trouble finding one.I want a level editor that is easy to use and does not require a full game to play,and is free.Anybody know fo any good one's????

matrix54
03-10-08, 23:56
when you find one let me know...as for now, the "easiest" is the tomb raider level editor.

larafan25
03-10-08, 23:57
Ya I know I am working on a couple levels for it,but I am loking for something that is like for rpg's but not rpg maker I already have it,and maybe for like first person shooters....

Gregori
04-10-08, 00:03
Unreal Ed!
It comes with many games that run on the Unreal engine. It very easy to use and has loads of documentation, tutorials etc.

There are also a number of good editors for Quake engines and tools Valve have provided for Half Life.

(Oh wait, on second thought - you mentioned free and doesn't need full game. Whilst those I mentioned mostly require a full game, its totally worth the tiny expense of buying a game!

larafan25
04-10-08, 00:08
Ok thanxs:)

Orionvalentine
04-10-08, 09:22
Far Cry: Instincts has one in it, a rather good one at that. It's for the 360 though.

Archetype
04-10-08, 10:02
Valve hammer editor.

Unreal tournament 3 and Gears of war for the PC both come with editors for the Unreal 3 engine, includes all the assets as well as some scripting programs.

MyRaider4Life
04-10-08, 10:23
Unreal Ed!
It comes with many games that run on the Unreal engine. It very easy to use and has loads of documentation, tutorials etc.

There are also a number of good editors for Quake engines and tools Valve have provided for Half Life.

(Oh wait, on second thought - you mentioned free and doesn't need full game. Whilst those I mentioned mostly require a full game, its totally worth the tiny expense of buying a game!

got a link to the Unreal Editor. :)