PDA

View Full Version : WWE any one got the lateist on the new game?

Lee croft
04-10-08, 13:59
its in the title

Legend of Lara
04-10-08, 14:12
It's gonna be just like 2008, only with the '8' replaced with a '9'. :p

Lee croft
04-10-08, 14:14
oh another one of your jokes how interesting.....

Legend of Lara
04-10-08, 14:29
oh another one of your jokes how interesting.....

I wasn't joking in the FF thread. :pi:

But for real, here's some info from Wiki.

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 is a professional wrestling video game developed by YUKE's Future Media Creators and published by THQ for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DS, Wii, and Xbox 360 video game consoles. It will be the tenth video game in the WWE SmackDown series, and will be the sequel to its predecessor, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008. TOSE will oversee development for the Nintendo DS version. The game is expected to ship in November 2008.

The video game is based on the professional wrestling promotion, World Wrestling Entertainment, and is named after two of the promotion's three brands, Raw and SmackDown. The game introduced a few key new features including the Inferno match, a revamped tag team match, and three new game modes: Create-A-Finisher, Road to WrestleMania and Career.

THQ have confirmed that the video game will include a Create-A-Finisher feature. The player has the ability to chain a selection of up to 10 out of over 500 animations to make unique finishing moves along with the choice to speed up or slow down the animations. Created finishers are limited to moves starting with both wrestlers standing face-to-face, with THQ suggesting future games will develop on more starting positions.

For the first time, the Nintendo DS version will feature a limited version of the Create-A-Superstar mode. According to a visit to Yuke's studios by Xbox World 360 magazine, the Create-A-Superstar mode in the major console versions will feature physics-based clothing items that will sway around realistically such as loose clothing and necklaces.

The Wii version will again not feature a Create-An-Entrance mode like the other versions. Instead, utilizing the Wii Remote and nunchuk, it will feature interactive entrances and victory celebrations, such as posing or beating down an opponent post-match. Successful poses during the player's entrance will give them more momentum and bonuses at the start of the match.

Sounds good enough.

Lee croft
04-10-08, 14:32
thank you ... agien for finding information out about somthing.. the Create-A-Superstar mode in the major console versions will feature physics-based clothing items that will sway around realistically such as loose clothing and necklaces ... :O that i gotta

tizerist
04-10-08, 14:39
"and three new game modes: Create-A-Finisher, Road to WrestleMania and Career."
WTH? This is like the eighth game in the series, and only now we're getting a career mode?
I'm sure Smackdown 2 and 3 had career modes!

Lee croft
04-10-08, 14:46
maybe theres a new added feature

viper456
05-10-08, 12:22
The WWE games **** me right off now. They hardly have any improvements each year and if they add something they usually take something out that was in the previous year. Its ridiculous. SD Vs RAW 2007 I played for like a whole year non-stop practically since I loved it but it was very similar to previous entries. 2008 came out....practically the same, didn't have the same lasting appeal cause it was like playing the same game for yet another year. So *le sigh* I will probs pick up 2009 preowned when its dirty cheap :( Sad really, cause it could be SO much more than it is.

Lee croft
05-10-08, 17:19
but the new one has loads more e.g the created superstars/ divas attire has flow to it (moves like normal )

interstellardave
06-10-08, 11:49
2006 was the high-water mark for the series IMO... gameplay-wise, anyway. I'm hoping, and waiting to see if, this years' game is the first significant improvement since then.

BtoFu
06-10-08, 18:27
maybe theres a new added feature

Yeah one in total haha - they're as bad as FIFA.

interstellardave
06-10-08, 18:40
Yeah one in total haha - they're as bad as FIFA.

Actually they added a lot of new features in 2007 but it didn't mean much when the gameplay was suddenly broken. Pinning or being pinned in 4 minutes... not even red... being pinned after being punched, etc. In 2006 you really had to go at it with someone of equal skill to get the victory; multiple finishers often had to be hit and matches could go back and forth for 20-25 minutes. Suddenly, in 2007, our matches were ending w/o use of a finisher, w/o use of the new "hot-spots", or even w/o even one power grapple for Gods' sake! It was abysmal. :(

Alive_and_Funky
07-10-08, 18:18
Actually they added a lot of new features in 2007 but it didn't mean much when the gameplay was suddenly broken. Pinning or being pinned in 4 minutes... not even red... being pinned after being punched, etc. In 2006 you really had to go at it with someone of equal skill to get the victory; multiple finishers often had to be hit and matches could go back and forth for 20-25 minutes. Suddenly, in 2007, our matches were ending w/o use of a finisher, w/o use of the new "hot-spots", or even w/o even one power grapple for Gods' sake! It was abysmal. :(
The games shouldn't be called WWE SmackDown Vs Raw anymore; they should be called WWE Sunday Night Heat.

I didn't buy WWE SmackDown Vs Raw 2008 until it was reduced but I still got bored of it pretty quickly. I'll need to make sure I don't buy it again this year unless there are enough significant improvements (which, judging from what I've seen, is highly doubtful).

interstellardave
07-10-08, 18:21
The games shouldn't be called WWE SmackDown Vs Raw anymore; they should be called WWE Sunday Night Heat.

I didn't buy WWE SmackDown Vs Raw 2008 until it was reduced but I still got bored of it pretty quickly. I'll need to make sure I don't buy it again this year unless there are enough significant improvements (which, judging from what I've seen, is highly doubtful).

For me it's impossible to know about improvements until I play it. I don't care about improved animations, graphics, any of it... that stuff can be improved, but it's okay if it's not. If the gameplay is fixed then any other improvements made will be icing on the cake. :D

That Sunday Night Heat line is gold, too... :tmb:

dizzydoil
07-10-08, 18:21
2006 was the high-water mark for the series IMO... gameplay-wise, anyway. I'm hoping, and waiting to see if, this years' game is the first significant improvement since then.
I agree. I gave up after 2007.

Alive_and_Funky
07-10-08, 19:10
For me it's impossible to know about improvements until I play it. I don't care about improved animations, graphics, any of it... that stuff can be improved, but it's okay if it's not. If the gameplay is fixed then any other improvements made will be icing on the cake. :D

That Sunday Night Heat line is gold, too... :tmb:
I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. :p
My main complaints are how long the animations are, the AI (since I don't really have anyone to play with who understands how the games work) and the match lengths. The last two are difficult to tell at the moment, but the animations are still looking too long for my liking as I don't like waiting a few seconds for most moves to finish.
I already have a couple of other wrestling games which I don't think I'll ever get bored of (unless superior games come along :D), so I'd rather just save my money and keep on playing those.

Thanks. :D
I can't take all the credit though since I borrowed it from your previous Wrestlemania and Heat comparisons. :whi:

interstellardave
07-10-08, 19:13
Thanks. :D
I can't take all the credit though since I borrowed it from your previous Wrestlemania and Heat comparisons. :whi:

I thought so, LOL! :p

I can see your point about the animations... they seemed to be not as long in 2008, although I traded it in early and haven't played it in a while... as for match length that's a direct result of what I was talking about; and yes, the AI stinks... I guess I don't think about that 'cause most of my playing is against my friend Scott.