PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about TV specs

CPB178
05-10-08, 19:56
Hey guys!

Its been a while since i've posted here!
I was just wondering (i'm not particularly good with Tv's and all that hi definition stuff) i'd just like to know if putting a ps3 on a tv without hi definition would still give good quality graphics (better than Ps2 atleast:D) because i'm thinking of getting a PS3 to play Underworld on. :)

Thanks for any help :)

Rivendell
05-10-08, 19:57
Yes, it'll be much better than PS2 graphics - but obviously to get the full effect it's meant for HD tv's with HDMI cables.

:tmb:

CPB178
05-10-08, 19:59
Ahh thanks, thats ok then, so would a ps3 be a good investment then do you think (to keep up with new gen content and so on? :) even without a decent tv :D sorry about the wierd questions hehe

Rivendell
05-10-08, 20:03
Undoubtedly. It's a full media centre, not just a great game's console.
Bear in mind though that you can get X360's for a lot cheaper, and if it's just a games console you're after then you might want to consider that.

I'll move this to the Video Games section anyway, I think you might get more detailed info there.

:wve:

CPB178
05-10-08, 20:11
Undoubtedly. It's a full media centre, not just a great game's console.
Bear in mind though that you can get X360's for a lot cheaper, and if it's just a games console you're after then you might want to consider that.

I'll move this to the Video Games section anyway, I think you might get more detailed info there.

:wve:

Yeah I thought about getting an xbox, but i've never really been fond of them, i've never had an xbox before for some readon i'd prefer a PS :p i'm not sure if xbox plays dvd's which i'd need the console to do (i havent got a DVD player, i just use my PS2)

EDIT: Just one more question, which PS3's can play ps2 games? I've heard some can and some cant

toxicraider
05-10-08, 20:25
Yeah I thought about getting an xbox, but i've never really been fond of them, i've never had an xbox before for some readon i'd prefer a PS :p i'm not sure if xbox plays dvd's which i'd need the console to do (i havent got a DVD player, i just use my PS2)

EDIT: Just one more question, which PS3's can play ps2 games? I've heard some can and some cant

NTSC 60 gigs can play ps2 games perfectly

60 gig pal, OLD 80 gigs and 20s can

but 40's new 80s and 160's cannot.

and yes it will still look amazing on a standard def tv, it just looks a bit more amazing in hd :)

CPB178
05-10-08, 20:31
NTSC 60 gigs can play ps2 games perfectly

60 gig pal, OLD 80 gigs and 20s can

but 40's new 80s and 160's cannot.

and yes it will still look amazing on a standard def tv, it just looks a bit more amazing in hd :)

Hmm well NTSC is sort of out of the question (my TV is PAL:o)
do shops store 'older' PS3's or would i need to buy one 2nd hand from ebay or amazon?