PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 09

TR freak
05-10-08, 21:32
Anyone else playing Fifa 09 right now? I think its awesome. Easily the best footie game I've ever played and way better than 08. I love the be a pro season mode. The performance tracker isn't perfect because it sometimes marks you down when it shouldn't. For example I play as an attacking midfielder and when I'm on the attack and lose possession the game doesn't give you enough time to get back on defence before it marks you down. For the most part the performance tracker is awesome though.

One thing that really annoys me is the amount of quitters online. Several times I've had people quit on me because I was winning. Once it was 1-1 after 90 mins and I went 2-1 up in extra time. I then made it 3-1 three mins from time and he quit. Another time a guy quit when I went 3-0 up. I didn't even quit when I lost a game 5-0 lol. Other than that the online is awesome.

I haven't tried the 10 v 10 online yet but I'm sure its amazing. We could even make a TRF club for this mode if anyone is interested. Anyone want to?

irjudd
05-10-08, 22:28
I tried the demo. Hadn't played a Soccer game since FIFA 64, and loved that one. This one though, wasn't fun for me.

TR freak
05-10-08, 22:53
I tried the demo. Hadn't played a Soccer game since FIFA 64, and loved that one. This one though, wasn't fun for me.

I can see why. Fifa 08/09 is much more realistic and less arcadey. It has a very steep learning curve compared to previous Fifas pick up and play gameplay. Personally I like the change. It makes matches much more interesting imo and the scorelines are realistic. Fifa 09 didn't take me long to get the hang of though because I'm already very used to Fifa 08. Fifa 08 took me a while to get the hang of though.

irjudd
05-10-08, 23:05
I think if I spent more time getting used to it, I would like it. But thats just how Demos are; toss you into the game without telling you how to do anything.

TR freak
06-10-08, 17:22
I've tried out the 10 v 10 online now. It's awesome.......when it works. The very first game I played worked fine. I was Gerrard and got the winning goal in that game. Most of the other 10 v 10 matches I tried just wouldn't work properly. Basically at some point in the match it would say the connection to the opponent has been lost and the game would end. Only 2 other matches I tried actually managed to finish. One of them was a 1-0 win where the winner was a header provided by the corner I took. The other match I was forced to play as a defender and it ended 1-1. All the other matches I tried wouldn't finish.

Anyway I'm going to form my own club in Fifa 09. I invite anyone here to join. My gamertag is in my sig. My preferred position is an attacking midfield role, which is Gerrard for my favourite team, Liverpool.

irjudd
10-10-08, 02:34
It's probably suffering from the classic problem with online multiplayer. And that is jerks disconnecting when the going looks tough.