PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt 2: Arriving in the UK on Halloween

disneyprincess20
06-10-08, 13:21
El Reg (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/10/06/manhunt2_uk_release/)

What better day to release the second most complained about game after Grand Theft Auto IV than 31 October, otherwise known as Halloween?

Yes, games developer Rockstar has confirmed that Manhunt 2 will make its first (official) bloody appearance in the UK at the end of this month on the Wii, PlayStation Portable, PS2 and PC.

The second game in the Manhunt series will have been out in the US for exactly one year by the time it arrives over here. UK game censor the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) tried to ban it from being released here because it claimed the game is too violent for “vulnerable adults”.

Rockstar and the BBFC fought their respective corners in the High Court last January. However, UK gamers breathed a sigh of relief when the High Court ruled, in March, that Rockstar must be allowed to distribute the game in the UK.

Manhunt 2 will carry an 18 certificate from the BBFC and cost around £28 ($49/€36). Click for the best prices on PC, PS2 and Wii.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? More importantly, is it a good game?

Drone
06-10-08, 13:25
cool didn't even know. Manhunt 1 was great

Legend of Lara
06-10-08, 14:35
THIS late?! It's been a YEAR since the US release! I don't think anybody cares anymore. :p

da tomb raider!
06-10-08, 14:54
Too bad it's crap, eh?

tranniversary119
06-10-08, 14:57
Too bad it's crap, eh?

Ditto, a year after the release for the US? That's ridiculous I'm sure people from the UK would have already bought there copy online by then :rolleyes: Oh and I think Manhunt 3 has been rumored to come out next year for next gen consoles.

Mad Tony
06-10-08, 15:57
Hooray for the UK getting things after everyone else as usual!

jamieoliver22
06-10-08, 16:50
Why would anyone even want to play a sick game like Manhunt?

DragonSlayer
06-10-08, 19:59
Why would anyone even want to play a sick game like Manhunt?

for the same reason they watch hostel to enjoy seeing people die

Legend of Lara
06-10-08, 20:06
for the same reason they watch hostel to enjoy seeing people die

Wha-BAM! Right on the money! For the same reason the keep churning out another friggin' Saw sequel year after year after YEAR! Some people are just weird like that.

Chatterbox
07-10-08, 03:06
I bought the PSP version from the US back when I first heard it was banned here but i'm pretty happy i'll be able to walk into a shop and buy it. The second one is no more violent than the first but the BBFC felt under pressure after Manhunt was associated with that teenager's murder so they went down the "better safe than sorry" route, hence the Manhunt 2 ban.

jjbennett
08-10-08, 13:30
Well when Manhunt 2 was review in the official playstation mag they said it was too full on and violent, so that it became the only thing holding the game together - a bit sad if you ask me.

TRhalloween
08-10-08, 14:35
lol a year later.