PDA

View Full Version : PDA Problems

Delamo1999
09-10-08, 06:30
Hi:

This may be a technical issue and if so I appologize for putting it here.

I am finding that my PDA is not working. It is mapped to the TAB key as well as the num1 key, yet none of these seem to work. I have tried to use them in the Croft Manor as well as various levels, including the current one that I am playing (Russia). I also tried out the binoculars and I can't get them to work either (They are set to Page Down and the Num3 key).

I have tried to resolve this issue by reinstalling the game as well as installing the patch 1.2 from TombRaider Hub.

The rest of the commands are working fine.

I hope this is only an oversight on my part.

:)

aussie500
09-10-08, 07:06
And if you just leave them with the default key, without trying to remap them to something else do they work?

EscondeR
09-10-08, 07:13
NumLock status light must be off if you want to use those controls. Or make them not use Num pad at all :)

spikejones
09-10-08, 20:24
^i thought it was the other way around?

EscondeR
09-10-08, 20:32
^ I thought this way:
Num Lock on = numeric mode
Num Lock off = directional mode, just what we need :)

BTW, num1 is equal to End key in directional mode, better remap PDA to letter part of the keyboard not to make it cross-wise with any other directional action.

Delamo1999
09-10-08, 20:42
I have both of these keys also mapped to the default configerations (PDA = TAB key, Binoculars = Page Down).

This to me is very strange.

:confused:

Later, I reset so the default configurations and now the Binoculars are working. :)

But I am still having troubles with the PDA.

I seriously hope that I am overlooking something.

Delamo1999
17-10-08, 20:29
I finally was able to resolve this issue on my own and now the PDA is working fine.

Thanks for all of your help. I really apprecate it.

:ton:

spikejones
17-10-08, 20:43
^ I thought this way:
Num Lock on = numeric mode
Num Lock off = directional mode, just what we need :)

BTW, num1 is equal to End key in directional mode, better remap PDA to letter part of the keyboard not to make it cross-wise with any other directional action.

well if they wanted to use Num3 as Num3 (not page down function) then the numlock on would act as Num3. When off, Num3 would act as Page Down. So either way *should* have worked.

I personally use a game pad when playing these games so i dont have to worry about looking at the keyboard to find the num keys and what not.