PDA

View Full Version : PS 2 question

andi86
09-10-08, 19:32
Hi,

to tell the truth I have absolutely no idea about consoles as Ive been a PC player. However, I may consider buying one which is not too expensive but still able to run TRU at good pace/without performance drops. So my question is whether PS2 can meet these expectations or not. Iam coming up with this question because I was told that it is good to have PS3 for TRU and I do not want to end up buying a console which is not perfectly able to run it.

Thanks

EscondeR
09-10-08, 20:21
For TRU you need to buy a PS3.

Aphrodite22
09-10-08, 22:18
PS3: Better graphics and you can aim to targets at once and u have the sonar map etc.. :)

but if u are a PC player why dont u buy it for PC :confused:.. its the same version and the PC is more powerful

Titanium
09-10-08, 22:42
PS3 will have more features then the PS2 version. But as its a console game, it has to be able to run well as users can't mod a PS2 like they can a PC.

Benguitar
09-10-08, 22:47
For TRU you need to buy a PS3.

I second that.

irjudd
10-10-08, 02:38
Since you've been a PC player, I'd strongly recommend you compare the price of a console versus getting your PC up to system requirements.

Tombreaper
10-10-08, 03:24
It also depends on your preference, for example, I can run Anniversary on my PC with all effects on at full resolution.

But I still like to play TR I on my PSone

Considering the PS2 low price, and probably graphics on par with those of Anniversary, it's a good choice in these days of unstable economy.

andi86
10-10-08, 09:05
PS3: Better graphics and you can aim to targets at once and u have the sonar map etc.. :)

but if u are a PC player why dont u buy it for PC :confused:.. its the same version and the PC is more powerful

Iam playing on laptop and particularly my video card does not meet the minimum requirements. That`s why I may consider buying a console.

andi86
10-10-08, 09:22
It also depends on your preference, for example, I can run Anniversary on my PC with all effects on at full resolution.

But I still like to play TR I on my PSone

Considering the PS2 low price, and probably graphics on par with those of Anniversary, it's a good choice in these days of unstable economy.

I can run Legend and Anniversary with all effects on at full resolution but in that case they`re very slow. Unenjoyable. Therefore I had to lower resolution and off all effects. I still love to play them in this mode, however, I would like now something different. I`d like to play TRU with everything on without experiencing any performance drops. And provided my laptop does not meet the minimum requirements and PS2 is relatively cheap I started thinking about buying one.