PDA

View Full Version : Forum Logging out

wadej88
12-10-08, 00:51
hey guys,

it seems like every time i want to post a bulletin, reply etc i have to login EVERY time! lol its a bit annoying.

is this like meant to be happening?

spikejones
12-10-08, 00:53
set you browser to accept cookies from tombraider forums, and tell the site to remember you. if you dont have it set to remember you, even if you have cookies enabled, they will time out after about 10 minutes. that said, the only way to avoid that is to keep your cookie stored indefinitely using the "remember me" option (that is until you clear your cookies).

irjudd
12-10-08, 01:19
You know oddly enough, Yahoo mail does this to me, but only on firefox, and only yahoo mail. If I log in, navigate away, then back it requires me to log in. No other sites do that. I've cleaned cache, cookies, reset settings, and still firefox won't keep me logged into yahoo. (yes, I checked the "keep me logged in" box). I still haven't found the solution.

wadej88
12-10-08, 02:02
Oh ok,

because i share my computer with my family and everytime firefox closes it clears all private data. But thats only when i close.
so your saying i have to log in every ten minutes?

spikejones
12-10-08, 10:19
if you are allowed to, change the setting for firefox to not clear the cookies. or create an exception for those cookies that you want to keep.

DREWY
12-10-08, 11:58
From our cookies section of our FAQ (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_cookies)

When you register (and also when you login using the form at the top of the screen), you will be given the option to 'Remember Me'. This will store your identity securely in a cookie on your computer. If you are using a shared computer, such as in a library, school or internet cafe, or if you have reason to not trust any other users that might use this computer, we recommend you do not enable this.

(or log off after) :wve:

wadej88
12-10-08, 12:03
the thing is im not logging out, and firefox allows all cookies (expet those blocked ones from my antivirus),

so i added tombraiderforums to my exeptions. ill see how it goes.

thanks for your help :)

EscondeR
12-10-08, 12:42
You know oddly enough, Yahoo mail does this to me, but only on firefox, and only yahoo mail. If I log in, navigate away, then back it requires me to log in. No other sites do that. I've cleaned cache, cookies, reset settings, and still firefox won't keep me logged into yahoo. (yes, I checked the "keep me logged in" box). I still haven't found the solution.

Oh ok,

because i share my computer with my family and everytime firefox closes it clears all private data. But thats only when i close.
so your saying i have to log in every ten minutes?

AFAIK FF allows separate security settings per site like Opera ;) Got my hint?