PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Help, ;[

Logie 12 =]
14-10-08, 17:15
hey guys,

i bought a ipod nano about 4 months ago no problems since today

i dont know how it happened but it only plays through one ear phone and its a tad annoying

can anyone help please? :o

EscondeR
14-10-08, 17:29
I'm not an iPod user, but if there is no balance control on it, then your headphones are half-dead - need replacement. Try to turn the connector while playing music, can you hear any static/music fragments in non-working earpohone?

KurtisandLara
14-10-08, 17:33
I have both an MP3 and Ipod Nano and i have afew sets because if you tke them apart (the headphones) they are magnetic even with them together so if they are around electronic devises for to long they get screwed up and if they touch each other. and sometimes they just break/die.
All in all get a new headphones.

Benguitar
14-10-08, 17:40
Have you tried using different head phones?

It sounds like a head phone problem not the iPod Nano it self.

Logie 12 =]
14-10-08, 17:45
I'm not an iPod user, but if there is no balance control on it, then your headphones are half-dead - need replacement. Try to turn the connector while playing music, can you hear any static/music fragments in non-working earpohone?

I can hear some music if i fiddle around with the wire :o

Logie 12 =]
14-10-08, 17:47
Have you tried using different head phones?

It sounds like a head phone problem not the iPod Nano it self.

yes its the headphones, its just ive had this problem before except it was something wrong with the headphone jack/ socket.

spikejones
14-10-08, 18:17
9 times out of ten it is the jack that goes out first. Its the weakest point of the wire. actually with most cables, the ends are the weakest points. so what ever you do, don't bend them near the ends.

I actually have a headset for my cellphone that does the same thing. rather than buy a new one, I just keep it "forced" into a position where it will work. Thanks to the belt clip on my case.

Cochrane
14-10-08, 18:35
;3115466']I can hear some music if i fiddle around with the wire :o

That's a classic case of dead headphones. Buy new ones.

Feather Duster
15-10-08, 05:01
Happened to me as well, the wires were showing and they got cut. My cat chewed up the wires on the sony one, so I'm stuck with a Walkman and no headphones. *sigh*

Immortalis08
15-10-08, 05:19
Yep, its the headphones. Lucky you that it wasn't the headphone jack on the iPod itself. Otherwise you would've needed repairs.

Benguitar
16-10-08, 22:50
;3115471']yes its the headphones, its just ive had this problem before except it was something wrong with the headphone jack/ socket.

Did you purchase AppleCare along with your iPod?

If you did, take it to the Apple store.