PDA

View Full Version : Wich sound card is the best right now?

nestor tomb raider
16-10-08, 15:33
Hey guys!! I just wat to know which sound card you think is the best at this moment. Thanks.

jamieoliver22
16-10-08, 16:05
All depends on your budget and what you want to use it for.

nestor tomb raider
16-10-08, 17:02
Ok, it doesn't matter the budget right now. I just want to know the best sound card in the market. Thanks again.

spikejones
16-10-08, 18:14
i honestly wouldnt know what to tell you there, but you could start by suggesting what it is that you want in the card. IE dolby 5.1 or 7.1, EAX support. DX 9/10 support etc..

In my personal opinion, the sound card is the least of my concerns on a computer considering that the ears cant differentiate very well between different bit-rates. The only reason I would want a super high end sound card is if I planned on setting up a super-rig for gaming and had speakers that would justify having an expensive card like that.

But if you are just going to use 2 speakers, there's not much point in having a high end card.

So... whaddya want?

jamieoliver22
16-10-08, 18:50
Yeah, the on-board 7.1 surround chip on my motherboard sounds perfect for me, and I do play plenty of games - it would suit the needs of most people. You only really need a high-end sound card if you plan on music editing or sound recording (or if you have plenty of money to through around).

spikejones
17-10-08, 04:06
I have soundblaster audigy SE 5.1 add in card that I've stopped using the full features of (dont have long enough speaker cords to use the surround spots). One day I will go ahead and hook up some nice speakers around the room for game playing. But right now, I just use the front channel. And for me, 5.1 is just fine. I don't need 7.1.

EscondeR
17-10-08, 17:37
nestor tomb raider, stick to Audigy and you'll have excellent sound :)

Admles
18-10-08, 00:20
Best is a pretty relative term, but the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro would be one of the higher level.

That said, I really don't know how much different it would make than some of the less expensive cards.

I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro, which is about 1/3 of the cost of the above, and its awesome. My uncle has one that is even cheaper than mine and I can't tell the difference.