PDA

View Full Version : can't save

Barbieboy
17-10-08, 15:47
Playing the game on (PC), the manual saves are inaffective and just take me back to the last checkpoint. Have installed gameshadow, but has made no difference. Any ideas ? Thanks.

tlr online
17-10-08, 15:54
Welcome aboard. :wve:

I'll move this to Tech Support for help.

quarrystile
17-10-08, 16:12
Hi Barbieboy, and again, welcome :wve:

Wherever you save in Anniversary, reloading will ALWAYS take you back to the last checkpoint before your save.
That is the way it works :)

Barbieboy
17-10-08, 16:17
Hi Barbieboy, and again, welcome :wve:

Wherever you save in Anniversary, reloading will ALWAYS take you back to the last checkpoint before your save.
That is the way it works :)

Arrgg - really ? Doesn't that defeat the whole point of a manual save then ?

spikejones
17-10-08, 17:52
yes.. this is the way that the manual save system works (unlike with AOD where it saved the exact position you are in)

I recommend always using the manual save option. I think I've heard around here that sometimes the autosaves get corrupted easier.

quarrystile
17-10-08, 17:54

I agree, yes it does... :hea: It does seem to be a " no brainer "

Barbieboy
17-10-08, 23:26
I agree, yes it does... :hea: It does seem to be a " no brainer "

I'm coming from Tomb Raider 1-3, been looking forward to this release and not played a game for yonks. Before it was big pixals pumped through an Orchid Rightuous 4bm graphics card ! Now its with a Nvidia 9600 1gb. Looks glorious, but game play has gone down hill, can't hack having to use the mouse and no save before leaping off a tricky ledge... Is this progress ?:confused:

aussie500
18-10-08, 02:48

No because if you manually save you can reload that checkpoint even after you have gone past the next check point. As usual the point of manually saving is if you stuff up you can go back and try again. If you stuff up just past the checkpoint and die it will load automatically, you stuff up big time end up falling and going through another checkpoint, find out you missed something and want to try again or stuffed up and did not die and want to try again, you load the manual save.

And yes on some platforms (PC and Xbox360 that l know of) there will be the occasional glitch in TRA which will wipe out your autosave, so manually saving is still recommended. otherwise you will be continuing from where ever you last manually saved which can be a fair way back.