PDA

View Full Version : German 4Players!.de Tomb Raider Underworld Preview

Nick56music
21-10-08, 18:33
Hey there! :wve:
I got a new preview for you, it contains new information about "Rambo's sister" (how they call her) - Natla and about the game in general. I'll post a summary as soon as I can. Stay stuned. Here's the German preview for those who understand it:
http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht/Allgemein/Preview/8702/60778/2/Tomb_Raider_Underworld.html

I think you shouldn't believe the author of this preview - it's very negative - they criticize the combat, because in their opinion it's too easy to kill enemies
The next bad thing is - they're comparing the game all the time with Uncharted... and Uncharted is in their opinion better than Underworld
They really got rid of white ledges - only few ledges are white, the others are hard to see
They say that the animations are crap
There's no need to fight the sharks in Med - if you're clever enough you can quickly swim to the ruin's entrance
Lara discovers in the ruin a message in Sanscrit "This is Niflheim" - the guys of 4Players were waiting for the frozen underworld and the Goddess Hel, no trace of thit
The mercs of Amanda don't notice Lara entering the boat - they say the AI wasn't improved (but I think this isn't true) - it's too easy to kill them
You can carry many weapons at once - Assault rifle, Uzis, Shotgun or Tranq Gun

In general they say that the first two levels (tutorial and Med) are too easy and not worth to play - but Thailand was a real surprise for them,'cause they love Uncharted and they loved this level, too.

tlr online
21-10-08, 18:34
Thanks for posting.

amiro1989
21-10-08, 18:34
Cool, thanks for sharing :)

Laras man
21-10-08, 18:42
Thors large hammer

Elegantly and akrobatisch like always - Lara is good whenever she explores the area in sportiver mood.
Oh so: Why should the search experts look now more exactly? Because it Thors helmet with horns provide. Okay, given - a Blockbuster is to become and look martialisch, thus horns ago. Is more embarrassing that they represent its hammer langstielig and giant-largely, Loki in the shape of a fly nevertheless ensured that the dwarves knew the thing only kurzschaftig schmieden - humans, know nevertheless each well educated heidnische child! Hey, I requires here no stories instruction and already no religion-historical differentiation inclusive knowledge of the Edda, but the illusion good story could not it harm, if one gives itself somewhat more trouble to produce it at all!

But this criticism at the erz�hlerisch flat background reflects at the magnificent backdrop: What disturbs the poor search, if the statue looks so powerful, if the walls work so vividly, if caves and courses in humidity shine, if everywhere wonderful shadows around the corners huschen and a display-large Oktopus comes sometime into the picture, whose Tentakel winds itself around whole rock foundations? Naturally it disturbs still. But no longer so doll. Yes, Tomb Raider: Underworld looks class. Yes, there are enough to see and discover. Like evenly this blind Oktopus, which blocks down there a way. How does one go past at the Unget�m only?

Light and weather effects can be able to be seen - above all, if it rains or water pl�tschert.
Aha! Over its heading a stachelige platform floats. Thus it means: Cave examine, switches find, somewhere something unlock and the powerful mischief over the heading to the collapse bring. Here Tomb Raider makes again fun, because until I am successful, I must hold everywhere around kraxeln and after mechanisms look out. Tomb Raider makes also in the moments fun, where one heaves heavy articles on pressure plates, in order to open doors. Or where one brings old kite statues with the throw hook to the collapse, in order to provide at all acces to heavy material, which wants to be heaved again on pressure plates. That is all indeed nothing special, but quite maintenance SAM. So it would have to go further, particularly in open realms.

A freighter and a Rambos sister

But one hardly emerges from the depths of the ocean, goes it on a freighter. On the lightlight day. That is still no reason to the concern, but on this ship wait the gangsters, the Lara even bestohlen have in troop strength. The luxury yacht of the archaeologist beside it in the sea, without the gangsters fill it, capture schippert directly or would destroy, and shortly thereafter Lara already climbs on board the freighter. Are awake? It does not give. Alarm with visual contact? Also not. And hardly the lady has fixed ground under the feet, ballert her like the Duke to boss of the gangsters through and structures themselves adrenalin in order to loose-add also in slow motion - which does not need it at all.

Times apart from the fact the fact that the archaeologist here even to the primitive killer mutated and so that as a convincing character before the sows is thrown: This Shooterpassage is produced simply cheaply and undemandingly, because the same bearded sailors always come in their identical gap into the hair cross; one changes times evenly between shotgun, storm rifle, Uzi and shell and ballert simply everything with automatic target adjustment away, which comes there one on the freighter in suizidfreudiger stupidity at clone gangsters with beard and against blue shirt. Of AI, tactics or covering maneuvers no track. If I compare with the dynamic Action in Uncharted, that is here simple 08/15-Shooter-Steinzeit.

Why does one have here such a weapon arsenal available? Naturally one can make oneself the thing more stylischer, by e.g. using the slow motion function and puts still pretty Salti down, before one presses the deduction. One can set also to the new Sprungkick. One can reach also to the Bet�ubungspistole and send the enemies from the distance into the powerlessness. But all that must impose upon itself the player, a good play Design became tendency-fuller
That cribbed itself the lady from of Drake: It can climb at the same time and sight opponents.
Situations offer, which are adapted to the heroine. The Gods, and above all Thor, are thanks, are however only a small episode on the ship, which is besides dramatically terminated: When the freighter sinks, Lara must fight itself by the diagonally which is situated ship, change over over a printing to the analog stick sprinten and rolling crates, while the sea with all power clean-rushes - there you are, goes nevertheless! This escape scene made fun correctly, even if occasionally dumb Schie�budenfiguren emerges again and again.

Glimmer of hope in Thailand?

When it goes then to Eastern Asia, Tomb Raider indicates also fresh landscape attractions: Thailand is a marvelously exotic scene, which scores finally times with size and leads you into a jungle, which can take up it owing to its light and shadow effects as well as the sumptuous vegetation with Uncharted. If you ask you, what has to look Thors up hammer there - I ask myself also, but the developers will give responses surely; finally are there also Aliens, or? Is important: Finally there is again to investigation and Kletterei in spectacular backdrop. The mysteries become finite more fastidiously. For this preview I held for me shortly before a mysterious temple once again and thought: Hey, Lara, if you stop now please consistently with the dumb Geballer, which to you as a character with termination in archaeology simply is not and me as Actionfan with requirement is too simple, if you dive again into dark Katakomben with knackigen mysteries and climbing voltage, then could this adventure nevertheless still into good areas ascend. Also the three of other realms like e.g. Mexico, as well as the driving sequences with the area motorcycle have still potential;�of it I could play however still nothing. And ask no more freighters. Oh, still another young designer on section time base could not model and with description texts provide all the treasures to treasures?

Laras man
21-10-08, 18:42
could not work out ?'s

Philio
21-10-08, 18:45
Thanks for sharing Nick. :hug:
*reads*

500 posts!:D

Rydell
21-10-08, 18:48
could not work out ?'s

All you did was run that through a translator. Translators rarely work. They are only good word for word and if you study multiple languages you'd know scentences from different languages can be translated word for word and mean completely different things. It's still appreciated. We are however better off waiting for someone who can speak german and english to translate.

Kevin
21-10-08, 18:49
After reading some parts of it, it sounds like TRU isn't that good. :(

Ersteindruck: befriedigend
that's hard :o

Evan C.
21-10-08, 18:52
I would love to spank to the writer of this preview...

amiro1989
21-10-08, 18:56
Hey there! :wve:
I got a new preview for you, it contains new information about "Rambo's sister" (how they call her) - Natla and about the game in general. I'll post a summary as soon as I can. Stay stuned. Here's the German preview for those who understand it:
http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht/Allgemein/Preview/8702/60778/2/Tomb_Raider_Underworld.html

I think you shouldn't believe the author of this preview - it's very negative - they criticize the combat, because in their opinion it's too easy to kill enemies
The next bad thing is - they're comparing the game all the time with Uncharted... and Uncharted is in their opinion better than Underworld
They really got rid of white ledges - only few ledges are white, the others are hard to see
There's no need to fight the sharks in Med - if you're clever enough you can quickly swim to the ruin's entrance
Lara discovers in the ruin a message in Sanscrit "This is Niflheim" - the guys of 4Players were waiting for the frozen underworld and the Goddess Hel, no trace of thit
The mercs of Amanda don't notice Lara entering the boat - they say the AI wasn't improved (but I think this isn't true) - it's too easy to kill them

In general they say that the first two levels (tutorial and Med) are too easy and not worth to play - but Thailand was a real surprise for them,'cause they love Uncharted and they loved this level, too.

Well, if like you say they are negative at the beggining of the preview and they keep on comparing the game to Uncharted, that means that they are Uncharted fanboys... That review is probably heavily biased.

Evan C.
21-10-08, 18:57
Yup,besides if there are 20 previews talking wonderfully about TRU and 1 complaying about everything,I am still very happy ;)

Nick56music
21-10-08, 18:59
Well, if like you say they are negative at the beggining of the preview and they keep on comparing the game to Uncharted, that means that they are Uncharted fanboys... That review is probably heavily biased.

Yeah, it is. But I wanted to share it with you folks. :)

Anarae
Thank you for sharing. :)

The question is: How long ago did they try out the game and what version did they get?

You can pick up a magazine off the stand or read an internet article about a game -- but they could have played it a month ago and just now got around to getting it together to publish.

A month ago, all these things were true. The animations were rubbish, but if you look at recent gameplay: especially the new Manor footage from last week, you'll see it's improved vastly.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't quite agree with the direction CD took the franchise.

amiro1989
Yeah, it is. But I wanted to share it with you folks. :)

Thank you :)

Sekhraider
21-10-08, 19:01
Seems a bit interesting. Anyone have a translation? :) I like hearing about criticism about TRU too. It lets you know what people really think about the game besides the praises.

tranniversary119
21-10-08, 19:02
Well he likes uncharted that says it all right there! Thanks for posting :tmb:

underpushunter
21-10-08, 19:02
Well, there is one at least that Lara has ad uncharted (I really hate that name) doesn't have: Lara is sexy!

TRFanFromTR
21-10-08, 19:03
Thanks for posting! ;)

OMG!!! :mad: :mad: :cen:

Agreed!

Wicked
21-10-08, 19:04
It's a first impression and I got very angry by one sentence he wrote...

Wenn ich das mit der dynamischen Action in Uncharted vergleiche, ist das hier einfach 08/15-Shooter-Steinzeit.

He says compared to the dynamic action in Uncharted, TRU is a 08/15 amateur shooter... HELLO??? Tomb Raider has never been a shooter game, it's adventure you :cen:!!!

tranniversary119
21-10-08, 19:06
It's a first impression and I got very angry by one sentence he wrote...

Wenn ich das mit der dynamischen Action in Uncharted vergleiche, ist das hier einfach 08/15-Shooter-Steinzeit.

He says compared to the dynamic action in Uncharted, TRU is a 08/15 amateur shooter... HELLO??? Tomb Raider has never been a shooter game, it's adventure you :cen:!!!
And there you have it. The guy went expecting an action game probably hates puzzles got ****ed off and decided he'd right this review 'a negative review' abut underworld.

remote91
21-10-08, 19:07
I would love to spank to the writer of this preview...
I bet you would..

:p

Evan C.
21-10-08, 19:08
Hahaha
Well,but I'd love to spank him with Thor's Hammer :D

coolaideonfire
21-10-08, 19:32
About the white ledges Eidos/CD did mention somewhere some ledges would be white due to the design of the environment they're in. In real life some ledges are more noticeable than others as well.

I'm glad to hear they have worked on blending ledges more though, especially those that very obviously do not NEED to be so bright.

RAID
21-10-08, 19:35
Thanks for posting.

From what I've seen, it actually gave me the impression of being too frustrating due to crappy camera and control over Lara.

Uncharted is highly overrated. You just shoot bad guys. 50 after 50. Nothing new/special/exciting/godly about it.

Excellent :tmb: But I'll believe it when I see it.

From what I've seen so far, can't argue with that. Same goes for Lara's looks.

Optional fighting. Great :tmb:

Whatever...

The mercs of Amanda don't notice Lara entering the boat - they say the AI wasn't improved

Oh great...not. :o

Wasn't it confirmed to be otherwise? If you CAN carry more stuff at once, then :tmb: :tmb: from this guy over here.

Kittypower
21-10-08, 19:35
they can go f*** them selfs(i didnt curse, i bleeped it out on my own)

*laralover*
21-10-08, 19:40
Wow nice review :rolleyes: I dont know why some people now compare TR to Uncharted its not even in the same category...well Uncharted was OK but the constant shooting,shooting put me right of it.

sandygrimm
21-10-08, 19:40
lol, such a pessimist indeed.

Zebra
21-10-08, 19:41
The preview is so bad. I registered there just to make a comment. They say that the research Crystal did is bad but their research isn't any better.
They say Lara's mother went to Avalon at the end of Legend when she really went to Avalon when Lara was 9 years old. They say Crystal Dynamics would be British and Lara would be an archaeologist (which she isn't) :mad:.

tranniversary119
21-10-08, 19:48
Uncharted-A 400-year-old clue in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake sets a modern-day fortune hunter on an exploration for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, leading to the discovery of a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The search turns deadly when Nathan Drake becomes stranded on the island and hunted by mercenaries. Outnumbered and outgunned, Drake and his companions must fight to survive as they begin to unravel the terrible secrets hidden on the Island.
Underworld- For generations, stories have been told of the fearsome weapon of Thor, the Norse god of thunder. Legend holds that Thorís hammer had the power to smash mountains into valleys and to destroy even the gods. For more than a thousand years it has existed only as a myth...until now.

In an ancient ruin on the floor of the Mediterranean Sea, Lara Croft uncovers proof of the Norse underworld and the mythical hammer. As she attempts to unravel the secrets behind these myths, Laraís perilous journey leads her toward a forgotten power that, if unleashed, could lay waste to all civilization.
First of all people should realize comparing Uncharted to Underworld/are tomb raider is STUPID. Just because the two main characters do similar things doesn't mean the game is the same thing. :rolleyes: If i recall Drake doesn't go to underworlds nor does he fight demons/zombies/mutants/mummy's/etc. If you don't like puzzle/adventure games you shouldn't be reviewing them;)

Zebra
21-10-08, 19:51
If i recall Drake doesn't go to underworlds nor does he fight demons/zombies/mutants/mummy's/etc. If you don't like puzzle/adventure games you shouldn't be reviewing them;)

He does fight some kind of mutant-zomby-things.

Sir Croft
21-10-08, 19:52
Who? Why should I believe in 4Players.de (which I never heard of) when Game Spot, Game Spy, IGN, Eurogamer, etc, say great things about the game, and don't even mention Uncharted in their article? :rolleyes:

Lara Croft Fan Joe
21-10-08, 19:56
This doesn't really bother me in the slightest, I don't need some random person to tell me what to think about the game, I'll play it myself. This person obviously is completley off the mark - Tomb Raider is not about combat, wheras Uncharted is. From what I've seen I'm pretty impressed, the animations (although some still find fault with them) are looking great now too. To be honest, I would not be suprised if this person played the old beta version of Thailand (which may have led to Uncharted comparisons).

Sir Croft
21-10-08, 19:59
The article screams "UNCHARTED FANBOY!!1!"

Lara Croft Fan Joe
21-10-08, 20:03
Articles that compare totally different games like that just strike me as unprofessional, they should judge the game in its own right, not say 'x is better than y'. I for one would prefer huge environments to explore rather than running along a pretty corridor shooting people.

Evan C.
21-10-08, 20:05
Yes,but well,we shouldn't worry for this,this is not a preview,this is an subjective critic.

Edsta
21-10-08, 20:06
Well I'll put all my faith in IGN. They are the gaming gods.
You lot have probably read the preview on there and I trust it over some German preview from a company I've never even heard of.

Plus if all previews except one say that Underworld is looking epic, then I wonder which of the reviews should be trusted.

Hell, I don't care what anyone else thinks anyway. I'm not buying the game because I think it will be highly rated. :)

amiro1989
21-10-08, 20:11
Well I'll put all my faith in IGN. They are the gaming gods.
You lot have probably read the preview on there and I trust it over some German preview from a company I've never even heard of.

Plus if all previews except one say that Underworld is looking epic, then I wonder which of the reviews should be trusted.

Hell, I don't care what anyone else thinks anyway. I'm not buying the game because I think it will be highly rated. :)

Jeuxvideo.com have proven to be total *****es before, and they said the game looks great, so I'm actually happy.

ACSSNK
21-10-08, 20:12
REMEBER: 4Players is ****

They never liked Tomb Raider. They always prefered other series...
The preview is sooo negative that it sounds more worde than AOD :(
I think they have no idea, IGN etc. is much more strict with ratings and they have alot more experience and they like the game.
I never liked 4P, they are soooo unprofessional.
So don't listen to that. They complain about totally uninteresting things. For example they think the menue (PDA) is to simple and should be more elegant to give the game more atmosphere :D
Game will be great :)

Zebra
21-10-08, 20:13
Atleast they did say that the graphics were amazing (even when compared to Uncharted's :rolleyes:).

Drone
21-10-08, 20:15
thanks for posting

Lara discovers in the ruin a message in Sanscrit "This is Niflheim"

wow!

remote91
21-10-08, 20:16
They seem to forgot who was around first as well :rolleyes:

C_Lord
21-10-08, 20:16
The same web click VIDEO and there is a new video from MEXICO...Xibalba doors a bit of motorcycle... great video ^^ and Downloadable. 50 megas of video :P

Clawed
21-10-08, 20:19
I think the people who have wrote this preview don't understand at all what Tomb Raider is really about. The title says it all: Tomb Raider! 4Players don't seem to know what they are talking about when it comes to Tomb Raider. I'm sure the game will be fantastic. :)

I really want to see Lara beat up Nathan Drake. :jmp:

KamilM_93
21-10-08, 20:20
How good must be review based on only 2 levels : /

silver_wolf
21-10-08, 20:28
yech. anyone who is constantly comparing TR to Uncharted shouldn't be writing TR previews.

larafan25
21-10-08, 20:28
thats not right for them to relate this game to uncharted,uncharted is a whole other genra,uncharted was duck and cover shoot one gun and that was it,the only puzzles were to shoot(again just shooting)lanterns and crap like that,and the only parts where you get to drive are just trying not to die.In my opinion they should not have even getten to do a preview on this game seeing as they are uncharted henchmen and have no respect for the elders and more wise of gaming,therefor they did not deserve such a treat as this;) buggers,although I may be over heated and have not read the article and it may have been translated wrong;)

Zebra
21-10-08, 20:31
buggers,although I may be over heated and have not read the article and it may have been translated wrong;)

Nope. Not at all.

D0NN1E
21-10-08, 20:42
This review is so biased. Underworld is going to kick Uncharted's a$$$. :p

ANoDE
21-10-08, 20:43
yech. anyone who is constantly comparing TR to Uncharted shouldn't be writing TR previews.

My point exactly. 2 totally different generes. Even though sony praises Uncharted as an action adventure it's just all about shooting, whereas (at least I hope) Tomb Raider is about exploration and puzzling.

Well, I could say something else about the article now, but I could only do that at an Austrian forum - the people there would instantly agree with me...

Sir Croft
21-10-08, 20:44

Yeah, they do. :rolleyes:

silver_wolf
21-10-08, 20:46
Yeah-this guy!
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/cjvelg/indiana_jones_art_harrison_ford-1.jpg
:ton:

laras garden
21-10-08, 20:48
Id love to kick their face in, buuuuuuuuuut its his OVERLY BIASED UNCHARTED FANBOY opinion. oh well, his loss. :rolleyes:

black_sheepa
STOP STOP STOP

This is completly wrong. Just to clearify that, the Author repeated several times that he really likes Lara and tied with that her first adventures. He didn't write that Uncharted is better in general, he worte that it's better in terms of action sequences. He doesn't seem like an Uncharted fanboy. Plus he says that he would want Lara to have an adventure on a higher niveau than Underworld and is sorry for her, he just wants a great Adventure-Tomb-Raider-Game like we all.

All in all, I completly agree with him since I played the demo myself. He discribes that the camera isn't working well and that the animations still aren't put together smoothly and that it doesn't look elegant at all. All this camera-animation problems caught my eye in Leipzig, Games Convention, and i had serious worries, and now that they still haven't done anything against the problems even though they had about two months makes me wonder what they were doing all the time. So basicly, I think we will get another Legend with better Story and graphics and this article just prove what I experienced myself. What a sad day.

Heckler
Yeah-this guy!
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/cjvelg/indiana_jones_art_harrison_ford-1.jpg
:ton:

:vlol:

silver_wolf
21-10-08, 20:50
You know you can't resist the scruffiness. ;) And the hat.

ACSSNK
21-10-08, 20:50
STOP STOP STOP

This is completly wrong. Just to clearify that, the Author repeated several times that he really likes Lara and tied with that her first adventures. He didn't write that Uncharted is better in general, he worte that it's better in terms of action sequences. He doesn't seem like an Uncharted fanboy. Plus he says that he would want Lara to have an adventure on a higher niveau than Underworld and is sorry for her, he just wants a great Adventure-Tomb-Raider-Game like we all.

All in all, I completly agree with him since I played the demo myself. He discribes that the camera isn't working well and that the animations still aren't put together smoothly and that it doesn't look elegant at all. All this camera-animation problems caught my eye in Leipzig, Games Convention, and i had serious worries, and now that they still haven't done anything against the problems even though they had about two months makes me wonder what they were doing all the time. So basicly, I think we will get another Legend with better Story and graphics and this article just prove what I experienced myself. What a sad day.

Do you know what build/version this preview was based on?
Maybe they were playing an unfinished build of the game?

Evan C.
21-10-08, 20:52
Yes,they played a beta version....with a banana on her eyes.

black_sheepa
21-10-08, 20:53
Do you know what build/version this preview was based on?
Maybe they were playing an unfinished build of the game?

No, they don't mention that, but it's a preview so I guess that it's not the final game.

ACSSNK
21-10-08, 20:53
Yes,they played a beta version....with a banana on her eyes.

?? what ??
Did I say something wrong?^^

ACSSNK
21-10-08, 20:55
No, they don't mention that, but it's a preview so I guess that it's not the final game.

Yeah, I know they didn't mention that and I think we should hope that it was an unfinished build, you should believe in CD instead of being so pessimistic ;) And BTW Legend was not a bad game, when you say that it sounds like it was a total disaster but it was good and solid :)

Evan C.
21-10-08, 20:56
No ACSSNK,I said that for the Preview :p

silver_wolf
21-10-08, 20:57
Where they say it's too easy to kill enemies and stuff, I'm thinking it's because of the difficulty they're playing on, 'cause in the demo you can't change any of the settings, so CD probably has it relatively easy.

ACSSNK
21-10-08, 20:58
Where they say it's too easy to kill enemies and stuff, I'm thinking it's because of the difficulty they're playing on, 'cause in the demo you can't change any of the settings, so CD probably has it relatively easy.

So that silly previewers are able to complete the demos :D:D:D :tea:

ACSSNK
21-10-08, 20:59
No ACSSNK,I said that for the Preview :p

Ok :D
I guess they had some 1996-Buttons on their eyes :P

Psychos'Я'Us
21-10-08, 21:01
Ugh, I hate it when they compare Tomb Raider to Uncharted! :hea:

silver_wolf
21-10-08, 21:01
So that silly previewers are able to complete the demos :D:D:D :tea:
well,sure. It's a lose-lose situation,really: it's either too easy or too hard.

ACSSNK
21-10-08, 21:03
well,sure. It's a lose-lose situation,really: it's either too easy or too hard.

They should send us to play the game and write previews :P

black_sheepa
21-10-08, 21:05
Now THIS (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14224307/tomb-raider-underworld/videos/tru_101608_4.html) video just shows how bad the animations work together, it is just what I was talking about, and the author as well. The video is brand new from IGN, and it looks just ridiculous how she jumps with her legs wide behind her... :(

silver_wolf
21-10-08, 21:07
If you were to go ledge hopping like Lara, think how it would work: you push off to the left/right with you legs, your torso going first, you legs following. That's just how it'd work. I'd like to see you try to jump legs-first.

amiro1989
21-10-08, 21:07
Now THIS (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14224307/tomb-raider-underworld/videos/tru_101608_4.html) video just shows how bad the animations work together, it is just what I was talking about, and the author as well. The video is brand new from IGN, and it looks just ridiculous how she jumps with her legs wide behind her... :(

The video is actually alright.

ACSSNK
21-10-08, 21:13

You really want to hate this game right?
As said before it is normal to jump like that :ton:

Borges
21-10-08, 21:28
With a game/franchise that gets as much exposure as Tomb Raider, a few negative previews/reviews are to be expected - but they don't faze me. Based on what I've seen the game's shaping up very nicely indeed, and when it comes to deciding whether or not to spend my cash, at the end of the day the only opinion that counts is mine.

ACSSNK
21-10-08, 21:37
With a game/franchise that gets as much exposure as Tomb Raider, a few negative previews/reviews are to be expected - but they don't faze me. Based on what I've seen the game's shaping up very nicely indeed, and when it comes to deciding whether or not to spend my cash, at the end of the day the only opinion that counts is mine.

Mhm very poetical :D Wisely spoken ;)

Tomb-Dude
21-10-08, 21:47
You really want to hate this game right?
As said before it is normal to jump like that :ton:

I haven't seen the video i don't think trying to avoid anything too spoilerish as such :o
But i think we should do leaps like lara and see how our legs are. She may be a pro but she is a human (computer animated human) but been motion captured by a human so it must be natual for our legs to open up like that. ;)
by the way i agree with you :p

ZIP!2009
21-10-08, 21:52
the animations are funny:o:o

i know she was motion captured but its not very smooth anymore..its like she takes a huge jump for a tiny space:(

danny.rex
22-10-08, 00:27
Too easy and not worth playing? I bet these guys played with the difficulty on the easiest and with all the hints on

It's ok to read some bad previews too, I guess