PDA

View Full Version : random small dot in my ipod

moodydog
21-10-08, 19:18
hey.. i just baught my ipod touch YESTERDAY... (and loving it!!) and i have found that it has a random small 'dot' in the bottom left.. it is clearly visable on the white screen, and some videos.. it isnt really that improtant but it is HECK annoying now that i have noticed it and i am affraid it will bug me for the rest of my life :o .!! :cen: :cen:
i know this may be impossible but i was planning to keep my ipod a neet and as clean as possible for as long as i possibly could (i had an ipod video which i kept cleen and as good as new until it broke)

its not a dead pixel or anything,, its like the size of a pencil dot or as if someone had stuck a needle through it (except it doesnt feel like it!)

has anyone got any ideas or should i just swap the ipod even though the guys at apple may think i am craazy!!!!!!!!!
or ca it be fixed??

Edit...

i baught it at gamestation.... can i change it at an apple store

EscondeR
21-10-08, 19:40
i baught it at gamestation.... can i change it at an apple store

Dunno about that... but IT IS a dead pixel, sorry... If it bugs you much try to replace, but according to my experience they don't exchange devices with less than 1% of screen dead in summary.

moodydog
21-10-08, 19:49
Dunno about that... but IT IS a dead pixel, sorry... If it bugs you much try to replace, but according to my experience they don't exchange devices with less than 1% of screen dead in summary.

ah.. but its 1 day old

EscondeR
21-10-08, 19:53
It doesn't matter, there are new monitors with much more dead pixels on sale - therefore one must always check on black screen and some colour picture before getting.

moodydog
21-10-08, 20:10
haha... do you think i may be over complicating the situation by attemting to return it.. and should i just stick with it..
or should i attempt it... :o

Betal
21-10-08, 20:25
IMO you should try returning it and get it replaced. That wouldn't hurt. :p

My psp had 5 death pixels. So I know how it feels. But I sold it without telling the one who bought it. xD

moodydog
21-10-08, 20:54
heh.. i should just try smashing it up and see if they will take it..
or i could go back into gamestation (get a full refund thing).. go into another gamestation and buy it again!! :p

but apparntly.. they wont even look at it unless it has atleast 7 dead pixels in one spot

moodydog
22-10-08, 20:52
went into gamestation today.. took it back.. they didnt even look at the ipod.. they just replaced it without hezitation :D

EscondeR
23-10-08, 05:20
^ :tmb: