PDA

View Full Version : Video's in black and white on ps3 :S

corey01
25-10-08, 18:13
I just downloaded 2 videos onto my ps3..but they have both tuned out black and white :( and after doing so research i found out that its some sort of bug

has this happened to anyone else, and what should i do? im currently in the middle of installing a demo so i really hope it doesnt turn out the same :hea:

EDIT: oh and btw it happened after i installed the new 2.50

God Horus
25-10-08, 18:20
Yes, this is a bug with the firmware. The only thing you can do is wait for the next update correcting this. When you update to new firmware, they say turn the PS3 off, then hold the power button to restore default settings. This prevents any further issues. I guess you could try that now.

corey01
25-10-08, 18:25
but its already installed ..so how can i do it now ? im quite annoyed now.:mad: i havent had it long!

spikejones
25-10-08, 18:26
my mantra is "if it aint broke... don't fix it." and "wait for sufficient reports on major updates before installing them"

reason I say this is that with some cellphones, if you upgrade the firmware thinking that it just HAS to be better since it is newer, you will end up with less capabilities than before.

edit:
but its already installed ..so how can i do it now ? im quite annoyed now.:mad: i havent had it long!

going backwards with the firmware is not a simple task and involves a total reflash back to the previous firmware version. you will have to do a good deal of researching to find out how to do this, as well as get your hands on the proper supplies to do it with. It generally will consist of a Flash Program, A firmware flash file, and a connection from the PS3 to the Computer (at least that is what it takes to do it on my cellphone.)

corey01
25-10-08, 18:39
my mantra is "if it aint broke... don't fix it." and "wait for sufficient reports on major updates before installing them"

reason I say this is that with some cellphones, if you upgrade the firmware thinking that it just HAS to be better since it is newer, you will end up with less capabilities than before.

edit:

going backwards with the firmware is not a simple task and involves a total reflash back to the previous firmware version. you will have to do a good deal of researching to find out how to do this, as well as get your hands on the proper supplies to do it with. It generally will consist of a Flash Program, A firmware flash file, and a connection from the PS3 to the Computer (at least that is what it takes to do it on my cellphone.)

ohh maan i dont want to do that..i might mess something up! how long do you think before sony fixes this with an update??

Also do you think its worth cancelling my demo download?

spikejones
25-10-08, 18:45
demo of what? a game? do games show in black and white, or only videos?

as far as when they will correct the issue, you would have to get in contact with their technical support staff on that since I have no idea. You may be able to cooerce them into providing you with a method of downgrading the firmware, if you complain enough that their update ruined your experience.

corey01
25-10-08, 18:51
demo of what? a game? do games show in black and white, or only videos?

as far as when they will correct the issue, you would have to get in contact with their technical support staff on that since I have no idea. You may be able to cooerce them into providing you with a method of downgrading the firmware, if you complain enough that their update ruined your experience.

i dont know if games are black and white..i dont think so just downloaded videos..and yes a demo of a game :)

spikejones
25-10-08, 18:53
do you even have games to play on it?
why not put one in and test it out?

corey01
25-10-08, 19:04
do you even have games to play on it?
why not put one in and test it out?

lol yes i do
i'll do that right away....brb

corey01
25-10-08, 19:13
ok the game is fine..except maybe a bit slower than normal..but i think that's just because im installing something. i hope sony hurries up with an update..usally they are quite fast