PDA

View Full Version : Flowers in the Attic

Thorn
28-04-04, 20:44
From the Publisher:
This is the extraordinary novel that has captured millions in its spell!

All across America -- and around the world millions of readers have been captivated by this strange, dark, terrifying tole of passion and peril in the lives of four innocent children, locked away from the world by a selfish mother.

Flowers in the Attic is the novel that began V.C. Andrews' extraordinary career, winning her an immediate, fiercely devoted worldwide following.

The four children have perfect lives in a happy, golden family. Suddenly their father dies and the children now live alone, hidden in an airless attic. Their mother promised they would stay only long enough for her to inherit the fortune but gradually she forgets how much she adored them.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

This book is all sorts of amazing. I saw the movie first, and though the movie is alright the book is 100 times better. Cathy is an awesome protagonist, I like Chris (unlike many other people), and poor Cory!!! I recommend this book to anyone who wants suspense!
http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/cover_art/flowersinattic.jpg http://www.cinetalk.org/images/flowers_in_the_attic01.jpg

[ 28. April 2004, 21:48: Message edited by: THORN ]

tazmine
28-04-04, 21:19
Sorry to disagree, but I think these books are pure drivel. Just my opinion. :D

andromeda_eats
28-04-04, 22:09
Their pretty twisted books. Still, as long as you enjoy them. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

Neteru
29-04-04, 03:49
I agree, pretty much drivel. The only thing I liked about this film was the woman who played the mother. I can't remember the actresses name, but she is damn good always. Sadly every role I've seen her play is a real nasty character. I would once like to see her in a goodie role. She played Nurse Ratchet in One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, and er, I think the character was Kai Win or similar sounding (a religious leader on the Bajoran home world), in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

[ 29. April 2004, 04:50: Message edited by: Neteru ]

TR_Dan
29-04-04, 12:37
ohh....loved that series! (yes, Flowers in the Attic is the first in a series of 5 books...) i'd categorize it as Tragic Drama. VC Andrews was such a great writer. sadly though now ghostwriters are using her name to churn books that are just the same old plots in different settings. even the names start to repeat themselves.
one series by the NEW vc andrews is the one that begins with DAWN. tht's another great one.

sweetpea
29-04-04, 13:52
I enjoyed the book, and when the movie came out I was excited, until I went to see it... I thought it was horrible, it didn't follow the book the way it should have.
which happens to alot of books, look at stephen king the books are way better than the movies!!!!

Tramp
30-04-04, 11:33
I have also read the series of books and they are among my favourites. I originally saw the movie first and then progressively borrowed the books from the local library. I had many enjoyable hours reading them. If I am not wrong I think V.C. Andrews also wrote another series of 4 books that were also very enjoyable.